Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Haywards Heath Recommendations

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Depending on how decent you want, there's Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield or Jeremy's at Borde Hill, both a couple of miles from HH and on the fringes of a Michelin star (Ockenden Manor used to have one).

Reading Westdene Seagull's review on the Restaurant 2019 thread, it would seem that Ockenden Manor has gone downhill big time since it lost it's Michelin Star though. For the sort of prices that they charge I would demand outstanding food and service.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Depending on how decent you want, there's Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield or Jeremy's at Borde Hill, both a couple of miles from HH and on the fringes of a Michelin star (Ockenden Manor used to have one).

Might want to check [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]s review of Ockenden. Must say I’m disappointed with its demise.

Jul 7, 2003
Heard good things about Zeytin from various people but not been myself. La Campagna is decent tapas with big portions - just mind your head if you are sitting upstairs.

Dreadful town for drinking - Lockhart is the only good place these days.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Can't say I'd recommend Ockenden to be honest - and I've eaten there about a dozen times. A steady decline. It's a pity because it used to be brilliant but the dishes are now too hit and miss to justify the price. Ballifs Court in Climping is far far better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here