Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Luther

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought Hermione was good in this. From the middle class ms.perfect in Cold Feet, to the middle class latent psychopath in Luther. Plus, you’ll think this is bad taste, I find her attractive.

She was brilliant in Spooks.

Haven't watched Luther. One to save up for after I retire, along with all of the David Suchet Poirots (have only ever watched one episode, and went directly to 'save for later' as I liked it so much) and all the mountains of scandi noir I have read about.....shame that work remains so more-ish :shrug::lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Haven't watched Luther. One to save up for after I retire, along with all of the David Suchet Poirots (have only ever watched one episode, and went directly to 'save for later' as I liked it so much) and all the mountains of scandi noir I have read about.....shame that work remains so more-ish :shrug::lolol:

Similar plan re all Agatha Christie stuff and versions versions of Sherlock Holmes. Basil Rathbone (1940’s but still great) and the emotionally dark Jeremy Brett were my favourite Holmes’s. Plan to buy some boxsets one day.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Love Hermione. She has been in so many good things and yes, as Roz in Spooks, wonderful!
We have seen all the David Suchet Poirots I think, and nobody else will do. Especially like the early ones featuring Miss. Lemon and Captain Hastings. Still watching whenever they are on ITV3.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never seen Luther before, but i found it a load of rubbish last night.

Rummaging around a crime scene without wearing protective clothing - ridiculas.

How about having the shit beaten out of you and still being able to put a tie on without wincing :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Never seen Luther before, but i found it a load of rubbish last night.

Rummaging around a crime scene without wearing protective clothing - ridiculas.

Can’t help but think there’s a link between some of your posts about the Albion and your opinion on Luther ..just can’t quite put my finger on it

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
How are they going to make a new series from that ending?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I presume that once they've done all the ballistics John will be completely cleared. Maybe a slap on the wrist for smacking the psycho killer around a bit.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Am I right in thinking that this series ended in a similar way to how the first series started? Eg someone falling from his grip whilst trying to save them ?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
How are they going to make a new series from that ending?

It'll be like trying to unravel Amazon's international accounts when they start again! Don't think his fellow female officer deserved her noggin blowing out by Alice (or that f*cking duckface, as Mrs Nose calls her) though.

Was it just me, or did you think "Royle Family.. RIP" when the corpses were all sat in the lounge with the TV on.. :lolol:

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I thought Hermione was good in this. From the middle class ms.perfect in Cold Feet, to the middle class latent psychopath in Luther. Plus, you’ll think this is bad taste, I find her attractive.

Not in bad taste at all, I would absolutely plough her !!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It has clearly jumped the shark now, nowhere near as good as the first two series, but entertaining still mainly due to Elba’s acting and charisma coming through.

My thoughts too. They had to create even more ridiculous storylines to maintain a large interest, but it was still worth watching.

Quality acting and presence from Idris Elba, Ruth Wilson and Dermot Crowley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here