Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The club have handled this dreadful event with so much dignity. Truly impressive and humane. Facebook has been a horror over the last couple of days. The welfare officer from my son's football club had relatives just a couple of hundred yards from the worst of it who escaped scott free. I know [MENTION=1426]The Wookiee[/MENTION] who I assume was there as was my old next door neighbour with her two youngest kids. And Ali and Brett will have been devastated by yesterday's news about Scoobs.

To hold yourself together in any way in these circumstances is astonishing. That the club I love are in some way leading in such a dignified fashion is humbling.

Absolutely this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club have handled this dreadful event with so much dignity. Truly impressive and humane. Facebook has been a horror over the last couple of days. The welfare officer from my son's football club had relatives just a couple of hundred yards from the worst of it who escaped scott free. I know [MENTION=1426]The Wookiee[/MENTION] who I assume was there as was my old next door neighbour with her two youngest kids. And Ali and Brett will have been devastated by yesterday's news about Scoobs.

To hold yourself together in any way in these circumstances is astonishing. That the club I love are in some way leading in such a dignified fashion is humbling.

It's been a dreadful year all round. First Sarah, then Don Lock and now this. The club have been very professional but compassionate at the same time.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Seagulls

Attachments

• Jacob.jpeg
    Jacob.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_4883.JPG
    IMG_4883.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,109
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 985
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,145

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
It would be nice if [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] can pass on some of the comments on here to the club. Really have acted with utter class in such traumatic circumstances.

I actually emailed Mr Barber after I heard he had visited the grieving relatives. I was really touched that he had done that so soon, so thought he deserved a compliment. Nice reply too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
8eb4cf2efffecb27c61cedbe7e41fc02.jpg

62258e78eea678d67c4201c47481965d.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Bless all of you on NSC, I have just received wonderful news, my brother is fine. Without letting anyone know he changed his mind about the airshow and instead visited Salisbury. His home phone had broken and he forgot to take his mobile. His friend travelled to visit family in Scotland.

I am acutely aware of the power, mostly good, of NSC and it's brotherhood of wonderful people who offer such help and kindness when it's needed. I'm lucky, sadly so many are not and my heart goes out to them, I know from held back tears how you feel.

Again, bless & thank you all, and those that prayed for me may your God be with you. Boroseagull

I don't look at NSC while at work but had to check in earlier today to see if there were any updates from you. We've never met but I was so relieved to see your update.

1066gull

Tragic and devastating news. When I saw REMF was mentioned on the national news it was heartbreaking to read.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When I first saw #Together I thought just another empty phrase with no substance - another pointless aspect of modern football.

But the comments and concern of people on here, the leadership stance the club has adopted with quiet dignity, the floral tributes arranged by individuals but offered on behalf of us all - has made me realise how wrong I was. For me, Together is a perfect way to sum up how as a club and as a group of supporters - right across the world - have responded to this tragedy.

Together is a phrase that should remain and be associated with this club for many years to come because as it turns out, it is actually true.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just read some truly awful stuff on the Brighton selling Facebook page from someone who appears to be employed by the Albion. I think.it's been taken down now, the gist of it was how he was sick of hearing about it as it was days ago and people die everyday so he can't see what all the fuss is about

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When I first saw #Together I thought just another empty phrase with no substance - another pointless aspect of modern football.

But the comments and concern of people on here, the leadership stance the club has adopted with quiet dignity, the floral tributes arranged by individuals but offered on behalf of us all - has made me realise how wrong I was. For me, Together is a perfect way to sum up how as a club and as a group of supporters - right across the world - have responded to this tragedy.

Together is a phrase that should remain and be associated with this club for many years to come because as it turns out, it is actually true.

The way the club have handled this tragedy has been immense. But it's not just that. There are so many things about the Albion lately that deserve a huge amount of credit. The community work they do: they were talking about receiving a grant this week which will enable them to set up teams for visually impaired & hearing impaired people, as well as those with other disabilities. The thread from T Soprano about how they treated his Dad at what's sadly likely to be his last ever football match. The stuff they do to engage kids and families at matches and further afield. The tributes they've paid to the likes of Sarah Watts, Don Lock, Tony Langridge and more.

And, in an ultimately more shallow but equally as satisfying fashion, the way they've handled themselves in respect of on-field matters too, at last. The transfer dealings this summer have been far, far better than the previous season. Tonight's news about Dunk is just the icing on the cake.

Who knows what lies ahead, or when the on-pitch bubble might burst. In playing terms, it's very, very early days But right now, looking at the bigger picture, I'm about as proud as I've ever been to be an Albion fan.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
The way the club have handled this tragedy has been immense. But it's not just that. There are so many things about the Albion lately that deserve a huge amount of credit. The community work they do: they were talking about receiving a grant this week which will enable them to set up teams for visually impaired & hearing impaired people, as well as those with other disabilities. The thread from T Soprano about how they treated his Dad at what's sadly likely to be his last ever football match. The stuff they do to engage kids and families at matches and further afield. The tributes they've paid to the likes of Sarah Watts, Don Lock, Tony Langridge and more.

And, in an ultimately more shallow but equally as satisfying fashion, the way they've handled themselves in respect of on-field matters too, at last. The transfer dealings this summer have been far, far better than the previous season. Tonight's news about Dunk is just the icing on the cake.

Who knows what lies ahead, or when the on-pitch bubble might burst. In playing terms, it's very, very early days But right now, looking at the bigger picture, I'm about as proud as I've ever been to be an Albion fan.

Totally agree. Very well put.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Like most on here, I don't personally know any of the victims, but I do know people who do and whose friends they will have been. I can well understand people who weren't there feeling deeply personally affected. As some have said, we've nearly all driven along that stretch of road. [MENTION=3721]Captain Haddock[/MENTION] and I passed the lights only the other week going home from the Supporters Club AGM. The Shoreham area is one of my favourite places for a Sunday afternoon out, and I have friends whose son is a Sixth Former at Lancing College - the Sussex Pad is now used by them. I am in tears every time I see a news bulletin and I, thankfully, have not seen most of the close up footage. On another note, very well played to the club, who have acted with complete dignity. They've just had a mention on the BBC 10 o'clock news in relation to Matt Grimstone. Thanks Bozza too for the tribute on behalf of all of us. And great to hear Westdene Seagull and Boroseagull's good news.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here