Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:)

Yup - we have a whole new channel dedicated to it, with some interesting lawyers being asked questions in the studio. One defence lawyer pretty much admitted this morning that he would not like to face Nel in court, so that's lost him a load of work!

But if they show it on Sky, which I am sure they will, watch for the bit with the video from this morning. That was very clever.

It's live on the BBC website here, but with no commentaries or pundits. I've been sort of hooked on it to be honest. Not sure why. I guess it's a real life Judge John Deed.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Who is paying for Nel? If he is the best there is I would hav ethought OP would have "stumped" up the cash for him..

Did they actually show a picture of Reevas head? :(

The more I read, watch and hear about the case the more this scum needs to go down. Don't think I have heard a case with so many holes and bullshit...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Who is paying for Nel? If he is the best there is I would hav ethought OP would have "stumped" up the cash for him..

Did they actually show a picture of Reevas head? :(

The more I read, watch and hear about the case the more this scum needs to go down. Don't think I have heard a case with so many holes and bullshit...

Nel is a state prosecutor, so the SA taxpayer is paying for him. But he successfully prosecuted a Police Chief for Corruption, and was the head of the Gauteng branch of the Scorpions (the Directorate of Special Operations) who's task it was to weed out corrupt public officials and organised crime syndicates. This organisation was disbanded about 5 years ago after rumours that they were getting too close to some in power!

And yes, they showed Reeva's head on TV here. Whether they did around the world I am not sure, but probably if they are taking the same live feed. It was extremely unpleasant and there was an audible gasp in the overflow court apparently when it was shown. Her poor Mum - I don't think they warned her that were going to do that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nel is a state prosecutor, so the SA taxpayer is paying for him. But he successfully prosecuted a Police Chief for Corruption, and was the head of the Gauteng branch of the Scorpions (the Directorate of Special Operations) who's task it was to weed out corrupt public officials and organised crime syndicates. This organisation was disbanded about 5 years ago after rumours that they were getting too close to some in power!

And yes, they showed Reeva's head on TV here. Whether they did around the world I am not sure, but probably if they are taking the same live feed. It was extremely unpleasant and there was an audible gasp in the overflow court apparently when it was shown. Her poor Mum - I don't think they warned her that were going to do that.

Big cheers for the running inside commentary and for filling in many of the gaping gaps in our knowledge of SA affairs. Fascinating morbid stuff.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Thanks for the live updates and have been monitoring this thread. Have been searching for her head on the internet but haven't found nothing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Her head must be in your local paper so if you come across it then can you PM a picture or send a link. Thanks.

Behave. If you really want to see that shit, it'll be freely available on Google. If it wasn't Easter holidays, kids would be already swapping it on their phones on the bus like they did with that beheading video.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Behave. If you really want to see that shit, it'll be freely available on Google. If it wasn't Easter holidays, kids would be already swapping it on their phones on the bus like they did with that beheading video.

It's not on Google as have spent ages hunting the picture. It's not on any gory sites either so I'll wait as it's sure to appear eventually.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Thanks [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] I'm using this thread for all my info on the case... :thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well indeed. Oscar went to sleep at about 9pm. Reeva didn't. He told Reeva to bring the fans in and close the balcony door when she was going to sleep. What was Reeva doing after he went to sleep? When did she go to sleep? It's not something that I or my wife have ever done (stay in the bedroom awake, whilst the other one is sleeping), but I suppose other couples do, but it was not sort of thing that people in the early throws on a relationship would normally do, I would suggest. I dunno, I think he is just odd in the extreme and mentally imbalanced.

I can't be bothered to pick out every example but you lot on this thread trying to find evidence of why he's an insane killer is hilarious! :lolol:

There's any number of reasons why one partner might go to bed earlier than the other, especially if they weren't getting on as has been reported.

Oscar testified yesterday that when he was shouting for the intruders to get out he heard the toilet door slam! Why did she slam the door and not respond to his cries? That will be very pertinent.

This sequence of event is plausible:

1) Oscar hears a noise that wakes him up and because he's a paranoid nutcase his first thought is intruders. He doesn't bother to check for his girlfriend because deep down he's a selfish and narcissistic character, and a bit thick.

2) He shouts out for the intruders to leave, Riva hears this and thinks "shit there's burglers in the house, I'd better lock myself in the toilet while Oscar gets rid of them"

3) Oscar hears the toilet door shut and thinks "the burglers have locked themselves in, I've got them now"

4) He runs to the toilet on his stumps and unloads his gun into the door. Only then does he think of his bird, because of the reasons given in point 1. The rest is history. He can't admit all that because he's trying not to get sent down, so is just playing ignorant.

I think that is much more plausible than him being the cold blooded killer who murdered his girlfriend on purpose.

That would however make him a cold blooded killer who thought he was murdering burglers and accidently murdered his girlfriend by mistake. He still needs to go down for it, but that's what he means when he says it was an accident.

The whole world seems to be going all tabloid and taking things out of context because they want to believe he had an argument, chased her into the toilet and killed her.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As far as I can see firing four shots into a door that you know someone is behind means you're pretty likely to end up killing that person, whoever it was, and that's murder. To say he didn't intend to kill that person is bollocks. As far as the issue of murder is concerned it doesn't matter whether it was an intruder or Reeva.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not on Google as have spent ages hunting the picture. It's not on any gory sites either so I'll wait as it's sure to appear eventually.

It's on this YouTube News footage if you really want to see it...

warning: not for those with a sensitive constitution.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here