Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 22-24/2

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Referee number three in three lives games watched this weekend so far, misses something blatant. Bournemouth defender hand ball the latest not given.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Recap:
Cardiff penalty not given, probably as stonewall as I have ever seen.
Burnley 1st goal, not a corner.
Tottenham goal, huge advantage on throw.
Bournemouth hand ball, his hand actually puts it out for a corner.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Recap:
Cardiff penalty not given, probably as stonewall as I have ever seen.
Burnley 1st goal, not a corner.
Tottenham goal, huge advantage on throw.
Bournemouth hand ball, his hand actually puts it out for a corner.

And a completely wrong yellow card given to Newcastle's Yedlin. Could be significant later in the game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The standard of refereeing has been atrocious for a while now.

I agree. Has been awful in the Prem for us, let alone the other 13 sides. I used to think the standard was poor in the Championship, but I'd have that any day over the Prem. Even then, the controversy happened with the Prem officials coming to officiate us in the Championship. We generally get very angry with poor decisions made, if I were Cardiff last night I'd have been apoplectic. But when you see such obvious mistakes that you can call straight away from your tellybox, which is further away than the ref, you have to ask what the agenda is.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Kevin Friend
£65,000 basic salary + match fee of 1,000 per game

Clearly not that poor. :rolleyes:

Not a great salary compared to players. They are treated with contempt by players, coaches and supporters alike. I wouldn't take that level of abuse for the money they earn. Similarly I wouldn't officiate if I just couldn't get the normal stuff correct. There is a huge amount of ego in referees, a huge amount of traffic warden too. But, if they got the decisions right, fair enough. 4 wrong in 3 games so far this weekend, crucial mistakes, makes me think they are not fit for purpose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here