Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Seven Seas of Rhye

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Another shout for 'Liar', love that track. I think Queen 2 is their best album. It's manic and full of invention, and has the updated 7 seas song. Fairy Feller, White Queen, March of the Black Queen, amazing stuff!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Fairy Feller

Love that track. Inspired by a painting by Richard Dadd

The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke is a painting by English artist Richard Dadd. It was begun in 1855 and worked on until 1864. Dadd painted it while incarcerated in the State Criminal Lunatic Asylum of Bethlem Royal Hospital, where he was confined after he murdered his father in 1843.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15A0F5aOoPM

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was at their last gig ever, awesome band

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Love that track. Inspired by a painting by Richard Dadd

The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke is a painting by English artist Richard Dadd. It was begun in 1855 and worked on until 1864. Dadd painted it while incarcerated in the State Criminal Lunatic Asylum of Bethlem Royal Hospital, where he was confined after he murdered his father in 1843.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15A0F5aOoPM

I used to like his pictures, many years ago in my youth. They are very imaginative, they were displayed in the Tate next to my favourites, The Pre-Raphaelites.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Another shout for 'Liar', love that track. I think Queen 2 is their best album. It's manic and full of invention, and has the updated 7 seas song. Fairy Feller, White Queen, March of the Black Queen, amazing stuff!

And the fantastic Ogre Battle!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Edit, having checked on the history of Queen members it seems the guy I met was a bullshitter :smile:
Yes, I think Taylor is their only ever drummer? According to to the film, they had another singer before Freddie.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I think Taylor is their only ever drummer? According to to the film, they had another singer before Freddie.

Yep since 1970 and Seven Seas of Rhye was 74. Weird lie to tell given that Queen were not that well known at the time. I wasn’t even that impressed as I have never been a Queen fan and certainly wasn’t back then! :shrug:

I was working as a DJ in the club so maybe he was trying to impress me...should have told me he played with Neil Young :lolol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, remember seeing them doing this on Top of the Pops, and being absolutely astonished. Went out and bought it the next day with money from my paper-round in Lancing. It remains one of my favourite songs to this day.

I'd actually first 'seen' Queen a few months earlier, when the Old Grey Whistle Test showed a film clip of them performing 'Liar' live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU7rqB9E_0M

Love the first 2 albums.

Ogre Battle is a great track too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Keep yourself alive?

Oh, alright. Normally I wouldn't let a fact get in the way of a strongly held opinion, but....:bowdown:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As for others this was the first Queen song I ever heard (I was about 15) and I thought it was brilliant. Agree that it's sadly ignored as I still think it's one of their best.

I'm an admirer of Queen rather than a big fan, but I do really like a lot of their early stuff.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was working as a DJ in the club so maybe he was trying to impress me...should have told me he played with Neil Young :lolol:

Should have said that he'd played with The Fall, there'd have be no way to check that out!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
No idea why, but :

Screenshot_20220719-113923~2.png

How? Why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here