Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums you had which you’d like to have again but cannot find

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had The Rock Machine Turns You On which was a CBS sampler. The best sampler ever imo. It is still available on Vinyl but although it was issued on CD I cannot find it for sale anywhere. Nearly everything seems to be available these days one way or the other but not this one it seems.

If anyone has a cd they’d like to sell please pm me :smile:

Track list was

"I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" - Bob Dylan - from the LP John Wesley Harding
"Can't Be So Bad" - Moby Grape - from the LP Wow
"Fresh Garbage" - Spirit - from the LP Spirit
"I Won't Leave My Wooden Wife For You, Sugar" - The United States of America - from the LP The United States of America
"Time of the Season" - The Zombies – from the LP Odessey and Oracle
"Turn on a Friend" – The Peanut Butter Conspiracy – from the LP The Great Conspiracy
"Sisters of Mercy" – Leonard Cohen – from the LP The Songs of Leonard Cohen
Side 2
Edit
"My Days Are Numbered" – Blood, Sweat and Tears – from the LP Child Is Father to the Man
"Dolphins Smile" – The Byrds – from the LP The Notorious Byrd Brothers
"Scarborough Fair / Canticle" – Simon and Garfunkel – from the LP Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
"Statesboro Blues" – Taj Mahal – from the LP Taj Mahal
"Killing Floor" – The Electric Flag – from the LP A Long Time Comin'
"Nobody’s Got Any Money In The Summer" – Roy Harper – from the LP Come Out Fighting Ghengis Smith
"Come Away Melinda" – Tim Rose – from the LP Tim Rose
"Flames" – Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera – from the LP Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All of a sudden racism, sexism, xenophobia, Derek Hatton, politics, politics and more politics doesn't seem so bad.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Small creeps day - mike and the mechanics.

I would really like the album as mine has warped over the years!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I had The Rock Machine Turns You On which was a CBS sampler. The best sampler ever imo. It is still available on Vinyl but although it was issued on CD I cannot find it for sale anywhere. Nearly everything seems to be available these days one way or the other but not this one it seems.

Track list was

"I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" - Bob Dylan - from the LP John Wesley Harding
"Can't Be So Bad" - Moby Grape - from the LP Wow
"Fresh Garbage" - Spirit - from the LP Spirit
"I Won't Leave My Wooden Wife For You, Sugar" - The United States of America - from the LP The United States of America
"Time of the Season" - The Zombies – from the LP Odessey and Oracle
"Turn on a Friend" – The Peanut Butter Conspiracy – from the LP The Great Conspiracy
"Sisters of Mercy" – Leonard Cohen – from the LP The Songs of Leonard Cohen
Side 2
Edit
"My Days Are Numbered" – Blood, Sweat and Tears – from the LP Child Is Father to the Man
"Dolphins Smile" – The Byrds – from the LP The Notorious Byrd Brothers
"Scarborough Fair / Canticle" – Simon and Garfunkel – from the LP Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
"Statesboro Blues" – Taj Mahal – from the LP Taj Mahal
"Killing Floor" – The Electric Flag – from the LP A Long Time Comin'
"Nobody’s Got Any Money In The Summer" – Roy Harper – from the LP Come Out Fighting Ghengis Smith
"Come Away Melinda" – Tim Rose – from the LP Tim Rose
"Flames" – Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera – from the LP Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera

Someone has made a Spotify playlist of that album...not exactly a CD but wasn't sure if it was a suitable substitute!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Truths and Rights by Johnny Osbourne

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Someone has made a Spotify playlist of that album...not exactly a CD but wasn't sure if it was a suitable substitute!

Thanks, I don’t have a spotify account though. Is it possible to download playlists to a cd from there?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
All of a sudden racism, sexism, xenophobia, Derek Hatton, politics, politics and more politics doesn't seem so bad.

You should keep off threads that don’t interest you, like I do on the cycling, running and cricket ones :wink:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thanks, I don’t have a spotify account though. Is it possible to download playlists to a cd from there?

Fraid not, though it is free to sign up for an account and you can then download the app to your phone (assuming you have a supported device) and listen from there.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Small creeps day - mike and the mechanics.

I would really like the album as mine has warped over the years!
A pedant writes - that was just Mike Rutherford I think. I would have had a copy back in the '80s if I had not foolishly told the person offering me a free copy who Mike Rutherford was.

Anyway, 'De La Soul Is Dead' - De La Soul, no longer available due to the samples issues a lot of stuff from the era suffers from, got an MP3 of it from De La Souls official website a while back but this has now vanished.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Not quite what you're asking, but for years I thought I had lost the 2manydjs As Heard On Radio Soulwax Pt2 album, hadn't been able to fine it anywhere online, I presume for the same copyright reasons [MENTION=13288]brakespear[/MENTION] mentions. I found it the other day buried in the depths of my computer. Happy days.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Melanie - Born to Be; it had a track on it called Bo Bo's Party which doesn't seem to get included on any Melanie compilations.

The Electric Prunes - Mass in F Minor; actually it was a bit crap, but I'd kinda like to hear it again!

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour album (not the two EP set as issued in the UK); I had a USA mono version;

The Beatles - The White Album, first edition, numbered (I had no. 78).............

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I think I might own a vinyl copy, but what you want is the magic of Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Best-Of-The-Rock-Machine-Turns-You-On/master/137095. The vinyl version is much cheaper than the CD.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
A bootleg of the Ziggy Stardust "retirement" gig at, I think, Hammersmith Odeon.

"Not only is this show the last of the tour, it is the last show we will ever do"

Stunned silence. Young girl screams "No David".

Still brings a tear to the eye.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here