Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The whole referendum was awful and divisive imo. I wasn't happy with either campaign.

It is no wonder that we don't know what leaving will look like as for one we have never done it before and for that matter no one else has either.

It is also no surprise that the process is so messy as both political parties are riven by the issue as are the public. We have a government led by remainers mostly, who have charge of leaving. It's a recipe for disaster.

Name the Remainers in the government. Don't say Theresa May.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Talking out your arse as usual.
View attachment 104729

Still dont want to say exactly what is happening on the 29th.......surprise surprise. Same old Meg, still cant make an exact prediction.
Worst crystal ball EVER.

But haven't you always said that you voted out, whatever that entailed ?

20 mins ago you said

You have previously confirmed that i voted to Leave the EU, with or without a deal.

Everytime you have been asked what you wanted you said to leave the EU. Surely TM's deal, Norway or 'no deal' all do that ?

You're not now saying that all this time there was a specific leave that you wanted, and you've been too shy to mention it over the last 2 years 8 months, surely :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
to be fair a lot of leave voters did understand what it meant, simply leave. its the politicans who seem they had no idea how to do that, ruminating and navel gazing, expect someone else to work out how for most of that time.

TM's deal is leave.
Norway is leave.
No deal is leave.

Can you see there is a significant difference ?

So which do you think those leave voters that understood meant when they said simply leave

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's not true about Churchill. He wanted political Union for the continent. I am too young, just, to remember much about the campaign.

We are in the continent of Europe. His grandson Nicholas Soames has confirmed that was his intention.
It isn't a United States of Europe as we still have sovereignty and control, despite the lies of the Leave campaign.

There was major corruption in the campaign which Mueller is investigating putting our police to shame, who have sat on criminal files for over five months, and not progressed.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We were told there would be greater political union right at the start.

Crikey, they told you in 1975 the European Communities would morph into The European Union and membership would expand to include East Germany, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Croatia……why didn’t you tell anyone?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Name the Remainers in the government. Don't say Theresa May.
There are remainers, notably the Chancellor. I don't know why you don't want May mentioned as surely she's the most important? Ministers have come and gone, and from what i can gather on my phone, it looks fairly equal in split. However I would have better used the word 'Parliament' as that institution has largely resisted all the way due to its huge remain majority.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But haven't you always said that you voted out, whatever that entailed ?

20 mins ago you said

Everytime you have been asked what you wanted you said to leave the EU. Surely TM's deal, Norway or 'no deal' all do that ?

You're not now saying that all this time there was a specific leave that you wanted, and you've been too shy to mention it over the last 2 years 8 months, surely :lolol:

I was very clear what i wanted. There is even a thread, i keep supplying you with the link........get reading.
https://www.northstandchat.com/show...down-to-11PM-GMT-on-Friday-29th-of-March-2019

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We are in the continent of Europe. His grandson Nicholas Soames has confirmed that was his intention.
It isn't a United States of Europe as we still have sovereignty and control, despite the lies of the Leave campaign.

There was major corruption in the campaign which Mueller is investigating putting our police to shame, who have sat on criminal files for over five months, and not progressed.
Soames was in my opinion, using his grandfather's words for his own political purposes.

From wiki (i know)

On 15 February 1930, Churchill commented in the American journal*The Saturday Evening Postthat a "European Union" was possible between continental states, but without Britain's involvement:

We see nothing but good and hope in a richer, freer, more contented European commonality. But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked but not compromised. We are interested and associated but not absorbed.[15]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Honda decision has everything to do with Brexit

Japanese companies choose the UK as the access point into the EU

Brexit means that access point is either not the same or at worse completely lost

Japan and EU have agreed a new trade deal

Japanese companies have three options;

1. Stay in the UK and risk tariffs
2. Relocate operations to mainland Europe within the EU
3. Return production to Japan

Car production is infrastructure heavy and as such it's must be cheaper to return where your production lines are already set up than build new ones on mainland Europe

There have been tough times in the automotive sector before, things were very tough in 2009/10 and Honda had to cut production but they rode it out. This time its different, we heard the words of the Japanese ambassador 12 months ago and the government just carried on with their disastrous industry destroying Brexit.

Lives of the ordinary people are about to be turned upside down, while the Brexit elite move offshore.

Brexit must be stopped before the whole country is shafted

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are remainers, notably the Chancellor. I don't know why you don't want May mentioned as surely she's the most important? Ministers have come and gone, and from what i can gather on my phone, it looks fairly equal in split. However I would have better used the word 'Parliament' as that institution has largely resisted all the way due to its huge remain majority.

Theresa runs with the hare and the hounds. Her husband will make a lot of money if we leave.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Soames was in my opinion, using his grandfather's words for his own political purposes.

From wiki (i know)

On 15 February 1930, Churchill commented in the American journal*The Saturday Evening Postthat a "European Union" was possible between continental states, but without Britain's involvement:

We see nothing but good and hope in a richer, freer, more contented European commonality. But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked but not compromised. We are interested and associated but not absorbed.[15]

I said 1940s when Churchill was talking about peace in Europe. The war changed everything.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

From wiki (i know)

You are wasting your breath.
Churchills words how he wanted a unified Europe but Britain not part of that union and more as friends and allies looking in from the outside has been posted a multitude of times, a select few insist on ignoring what he said and prefer to use cherry picked phrases from speeches instead, no matter how many times they are corrected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here