Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

D

Deleted member 2719

He is under real pressure now. Let’s see how the GOAT handles it?
He didn't!
I would love to be a fly on the wall, behind the scenes.
Excellent driving from Max, I feel for Bottas, because he has had to put up with so much shite.
Great racing now Merc have a competitive car up against them.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exciting race, well done Max. Fastest car and best strategy shaded it. Loved the Bottas hissy fit

Gonna be a great season.

Classy post match comments from Lewis, he is loving having a real battle I think.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This has been a brilliant season so far. Still think Hamilton will somehow nick it in the end despite Red Bull seemingly having a better car but will be interesting to see!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
That Max is an excellent driver but I'd like to see him win a less dominant car! :tantrum: *

*historical sarcasm :)

D

Deleted member 2719

That Max is an excellent driver but I'd like to see him win a less dominant car! :tantrum: *

*historical sarcasm :)

Haha mate, the Red Bull is hardly dominant, unlike the Merc that has been season in and out.

Hamilton got his arsed whipped, but will blame all around him........that's what he does really well.:tantrum::tantrum:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Haha mate, the Red Bull is hardly dominant, unlike the Merc that has been season in and out.

Hamilton got his arsed whipped, but will blame all around him........that's what he does really well.:tantrum::tantrum:

Hardly got his arse whipped. Merc ****ed up the strategy trying to be greedy and undercut Max with Bottas but Bottas wasn't quick enough to get the job done. That then compromised Hamilton who was himself undercut as they left him out too long. Merc head of strategy admitted himself that they had lost him the race. Hamilton was quicker than Max today when on comparable tyres. If Bottas had kept Max behind for another lap I think Lewis wins the race. To those saying Bottas was ****ed over by the Merc strategy, he failed to undercut Max by not being fast enough in the first pit window and from there Merc had a duty to prioritise their only hope of a race win. Normally the lead driver gets the priority re strategy so the fact that they gave the opportunity to Bottas and he couldn't take it shows Merc are giving him the chances but he can't convert them. The bizarre thing is why they didn't pit Bottas with a couple of laps to go to take the fastest lap point off Max. Red Bull are a much better race team at the moment in terms of strategy, pit stops and potentially car (although Merc seem to have better race pace)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Try to forget the usual knock a British Champion because he does well and look at the reality.

Hamilton had a better car for quite a while. So did Bottas. How many times has he beaten Hamilton in a straight race?

Today, Mercedes messed up the strategy. They are often out thought by Red Bull and used to be by Ferrari regarding pit stops etc.

Today the race engineer said it was their fault.
Lewis did not get his arse whipped or whinge and was graceful in defeat.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Only one of the top two drivers today made a big error and it wasn’t Hamilton. He drove a perfect race. Your hate is palpable and your views are so twisted, it’s quite sad.

Hamilton drove a better race than Max but Mercs feck up on tactics ( and Red Bulls brilliant tactics) as well as the Red Bull being the faster car on the day meant Max won by about 2 seconds.

You don’t realise how bigoted and one eyed you are…..or you wouldn’t do it.

In short, well done Max and well done Lewis, it was a great spectacle and long may it continue, let the best man and team win.

D

Deleted member 2719

Hardly got his arse whipped. Merc ****ed up the strategy trying to be greedy and undercut Max with Bottas but Bottas wasn't quick enough to get the job done. That then compromised Hamilton who was himself undercut as they left him out too long. Merc head of strategy admitted himself that they had lost him the race. Hamilton was quicker than Max today when on comparable tyres. If Bottas had kept Max behind for another lap I think Lewis wins the race. To those saying Bottas was ****ed over by the Merc strategy, he failed to undercut Max by not being fast enough in the first pit window and from there Merc had a duty to prioritise their only hope of a race win. Normally the lead driver gets the priority re strategy so the fact that they gave the opportunity to Bottas and he couldn't take it shows Merc are giving him the chances but he can't convert them. The bizarre thing is why they didn't pit Bottas with a couple of laps to go to take the fastest lap point off Max. Red Bull are a much better race team at the moment in terms of strategy, pit stops and potentially car (although Merc seem to have better race pace)
Bottas has always been ****ed over.
It's just nice to see how Hamilton reacts this season, the first season he has had proper competition from another manufacturer.
Max won fair and square and lewis will have to suck it up.

Try to forget the usual knock a British Champion because he does well and look at the reality.

Hamilton had a better car for quite a while. So did Bottas. How many times has he beaten Hamilton in a straight race?

Today, Mercedes messed up the strategy. They are often out thought by Red Bull and used to be by Ferrari regarding pit stops etc.

Today the race engineer said it was their fault.
Lewis did not get his arse whipped or whinge and was graceful in defeat.

Basically , Lewis covered it well on screen, it's only taken him to be 36 years old to do this. Lewis will kick some arse behind the scenes.
I would love to see Lando in the top two cars, lewis wouldn't though.

D

Deleted member 2719

Only one of the top two drivers today made a big error and it wasn’t Hamilton. He drove a perfect race. Your hate is palpable and your views are so twisted, it’s quite sad.

Hamilton drove a better race than Max but Mercs feck up on tactics ( and Red Bulls brilliant tactics) as well as the Red Bull being the faster car on the day meant Max won by about 2 seconds.

You don’t realise how bigoted and one eyed you are…..or you wouldn’t do it.

In short, well done Max and well done Lewis, it was a great spectacle and long may it continue, let the best man and team win.

Who's one eyed!!

I have been saying how crucial the car is for yonks and all you Lewis one eyed monsters have dismissed it.
Even when George and Max have proved the point, and you can not see it.

One last time THE CAR IS A MASSIVE ADVANTAGE, it always has been.

I will let you guys keep blaming the team.

You won't ruin my day after seeing a great competitive grand prize.

Good night.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Who's one eyed!!

I have been saying how crucial the car is for yonks and all you Lewis one eyed monsters have dismissed it.
Even when George and Max have proved the point, and you can not see it.

One last time THE CAR IS A MASSIVE ADVANTAGE, it always has been.

I will let you guys keep blaming the team.

You won't ruin my day after seeing a great competitive grand prize.

Good night.

Who has denied that Mercedes have had the best car for years? Not in every race, but most. Things have turned around, let’s see how the season turns out. I’m gonna enjoy it even if Max wins, you however are going to be like a bulldog chewing a wasp every time Hamilton wins. I am just going to enjoy two great drivers competing week in week out and you won’t hear me slagging off Max if he wins the title. Gonna enjoy watching you squirm every time Lewis wins in the second best car, you will won’t you?

It may have passed you by but Max has not sewn it up yet.

This denial of Hamilton’s talent makes you look a complete mug

Good night to you

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Great race today, Hamilton superb let down by tactics, Verstappen steely eyed drove the wheels off his car to win after that first corner error, and Red Bull have a new found confidence and belief in their decision making that is taking Mercedes completely by surprise. Cracking championship so far.

Anyone taking anything away from either Lewis or Max is simply blinkered. They are so far beyond everyone else it’s incredible, the respect they have for each other is tangible. Shaping up all very nicely.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bottas has always been ****ed over.
It's just nice to see how Hamilton reacts this season, the first season he has had proper competition from another manufacturer.
Max won fair and square and lewis will have to suck it up.

Basically , Lewis covered it well on screen, it's only taken him to be 36 years old to do this. Lewis will kick some arse behind the scenes.
I would love to see Lando in the top two cars, lewis wouldn't though.

Apologies.
I wasn't aware you knew Lewis personally and had private conversations with him post race.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Great race today, Hamilton superb let down by tactics, Verstappen steely eyed drove the wheels off his car to win after that first corner error, and Red Bull have a new found confidence and belief in their decision making that is taking Mercedes completely by surprise. Cracking championship so far.

Anyone taking anything away from either Lewis or Max is simply blinkered. They are so far beyond everyone else it’s incredible, the respect they have for each other is tangible. Shaping up all very nicely.

Great post. It’s been clear from the start of the season Red Bull have clearly had the superior car, the fact that it’s competitive is down to Hamilton’s incredible never say die attitude. Indeed if he had not been over competitive at the previous race he would have been leading the championship.
A great season is beckoning between Max and Lewis.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Great post. It’s been clear from the start of the season Red Bull have clearly had the superior car, the fact that it’s competitive is down to Hamilton’s incredible never say die attitude. Indeed if he had not been over competitive at the previous race he would have been leading the championship.
A great season is beckoning between Max and Lewis.

No other driver could have got those tyres to the point where MV had 1.5laps to get passed. Bottas was towing tractor tyres behind his the amount of time he was losing.

Amazing what a few wins do for you, Red Bull are now making some really bold calls, both VM’s stops were early risks that caught Mercedes napping. They’re now second guessing themselves and lost that crucial decisiveness in being brave and confident in your calls. If not for Hamilton, Max and Perez would have been a 1-2 on split strategies, they had a clear plan.

The only shame yesterday was a lack of coverage of Norris’s slicing through the field.

D

Deleted member 2719

Who has denied that Mercedes have had the best car for years? Not in every race, but most. Things have turned around, let’s see how the season turns out. I’m gonna enjoy it even if Max wins, you however are going to be like a bulldog chewing a wasp every time Hamilton wins. I am just going to enjoy two great drivers competing week in week out and you won’t hear me slagging off Max if he wins the title. Gonna enjoy watching you squirm every time Lewis wins in the second best car, you will won’t you?

It may have passed you by but Max has not sewn it up yet.

This denial of Hamilton’s talent makes you look a complete mug

Good night to you

The problem with the Lewis love boys is they only see Hamilton as a god, I see a god as a nice human being who does right to all people, not suing a watch company with the 'Hamilton name of over 100 years, just because he is so up himself that he actually believes he owns that name. There is no excusing it.

This is just one of many instances he is not a god.

On the track, he is good, as I have said many times, but many choose to ignore what I have said to fit their agenda.
But he has had a walk in the park driving the Merc at the right time. I have always acknowledged his feedback may have helped this, but they made this car for Hamilton and not the no 2 drivers.

Has he got the mental maturity and the sublime driving skills to take on someone in a competitive car where he can have NO influence, apart from bleating like a goat?

We will see....................... I just love racing so I would not want ANY driver running away with it. Max has got an amazing cool head under pressure though, hasn't he???

I have a sneaky feeling that perhaps the Lewis love boys are the ones chewing wasps, you won't see me doing the same, as I swallow them.

Apologies.
I wasn't aware you knew Lewis personally and had private conversations with him post race.

I think anybody with contacts or without contacts know what he is like away from the cameras.

Mouldy has impeccable F1 sources who all told him Hamilton wouldn't sign another contract with Mercedes :lolol: :facepalm:

I said to you before it was so close you will never know, so my source screwed up. It is not all rosy behind Merc, trust me, and I know you do.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Great race from two top drivers in more-or-less equal machinery on the weekend, and some good racing behind them as well.

As far as Mercedes vs Red Bull go this season: I don't think we can split the cars at the moment. Based on the season so far, it looks to me like the Red Bull is going to be quicker on some circuits, and the Mercedes quicker on others, and the title could go all the way and be decided by reliability / who makes the fewest mistakes. It'll be good to see Hamilton under some real pressure this season and how he handles it, as well as how well Verstappen handles being out in front. Few radio calls during the race that suggest he's driving under a bit more stress than in previous seasons - could that lead to more mistakes?

Disappointing to see the Ferrari's fade so badly in the race, but rather happy about it in terms of the table given McLaren's results. Looks like Ricciardo is starting to get a handle on the car - strong first stint on the mediums, ultimately undone by Norris getting what turned out to be the better strategy over race distance combined with also not being as strong on the Hard's by his own admission.

Perez - just about doing enough. Not quick enough to make a real nuisance of himself on pace, but just quick enough to be a nuisance for Mercedes when it comes to strategy calls. He was int eh window to prevent Merc pitting Hamilton / Bottas late in the race. Speaking of Bottas - if he doesn't want to be in a Merc next season, he's doing everything right. Hamilton needed him to be super hard for Verstappen to overtake, and instead he makes a mistake at the first time Verstappen has a go and leaves the door wide open. had Bottas held Verstappen up for even 1 lap more, I think Hamilton could have held on.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Speaking of Bottas - if he doesn't want to be in a Merc next season, he's doing everything right. Hamilton needed him to be super hard for Verstappen to overtake, and instead he makes a mistake at the first time Verstappen has a go and leaves the door wide open. had Bottas held Verstappen up for even 1 lap more, I think Hamilton could have held on.

Think its almost a given that Bottas won't be in the car next year, the problem that gives Merc this year is that as soon as they tell him that then he stops being the compliant wing man he's been up until now and starts driving for himself instead (and I think we already saw a little bit of that in Barcelona).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here