Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Looking Forward To Next Season?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All of which is fair enough and none of which is 'almost everybody saying those 3 will all become midtable greats'.

We’ll be saying hello to some new and better first teamers this summer, and some existing ‘attacking’ players with inadequate pace and skillsets will be sold, loaned out or have to get use to being squad players.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Shocked and saddened as I was to see Chris Hughton leave I felt there was almost an inevitability about his departure. Probably many of you, like me, saw the writing on the wall during the last few months. So Tony Bloom takes the plunge and hires one of the up and coming English coaches with an illuminating C.V. - Graham Potter.

Admittedly I had never heard of him until rumours of his possible recruitment surfaced. I started reading articles about him and his footballing philosophy, I thought then that this could be an inspirational appointment by Bloom. A gamble, perhaps, but none the less a positive move in trying to get our team to play a more exciting and expansive game - something us fans have been craving for ages.

Now with our 2018/19 season over, instead of dreading another safety first, defensive attitude next term I’m now filled with optimism (hopefully not false!) about our performances for the coming season. I am intrigued as to whether Graham Potter will, at last, use our expensive signings - Jahanbakhsh, Locardia, Andone - in a more positive and productive manner. I’m looking forward to seeing Bissouma step up to the next level.
Essentially, I’m looking forward to the whole team playing in a much less inhibited fashion than we’ve been used to and to be exciting and entertaining.

For those reasons and many more I’m really looking forward to August. Bring it on! :albion2:

I totally agree, last season was shit, the second half of the season lackluster, without the results against Palace and the win v Manure and the progress in the F.A Cup there was not really much to talk about. I am looking forward to someone using the strikers and wingers we paid a fortune for, to a least give us some pace up front. Murray, although leading scorer was immobile and apart from being able to hold the ball up when we were under the cosh, offered not a lot.

I am hoping he goes in and upsets a few, who think they deserve a place in the side and also let the Championship standard players go elsewhere.

Still, I wont remember any game as i will be as drunk as last season :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If players are taught to run backwards at every opportunity they will always be worried about bombing off into a forward position for fear that they have abandoned their defensive duties. Of the three that generally get mentioned, I still have a feeling that played in his correct position to his own strengths that Locadia will show he has the talent to make it in the PL.

I don’t agree this time, I don’t think any of our players played with fear as such, as Hughton was never a tyrant in his management style.

In terms of the players I maintain that AJ particularly deserves a chance, as he has been playing ‘catch-up’ since he arrived.

Locadia (hope I’m wrong), but I think he’s just poor..... [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We’ll be saying hello to some new and better first teamers this summer, and some existing ‘attacking’ players with inadequate pace and skillsets will be sold, loaned out or have to get use to being squad players.

I bloody well hope you are right, Weststander.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Looking forward to Potter using and developing a few of the U23's in the 1st team squad this season, and not throwing away large sums on untried European hopefuls. Suspect he was brought in to largely try to improve what we already have. Not expecting too much activity in the transfer market on the back of last season. Potter has a good reputation in developing players so I'm hopeful.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Looking forward to it? Well, I can't look back to it! https://giphy.com/gifs/who-loved-tycoon-ChDyoCjuUnuMw

No. Not yet. It feels like the last season has only just ended and watching last seasons football was such a chore that I need time to reinvigorate my mojo. It would have happened if we kept Hughton, I would have hoped to have seen new signings that would allow us to be more positive under him, as we were in previous seasons in the championship, and in one or two matches last year, and a few more the season before. Now we've changed manager there will be excitement about the unknown (I can't be bothered with articles about how he played in different leagues with different players, I'm gonna wait to see what he does with our players in the premier league - we've experienced how different a manager can be with the same players in different leagues with Hughton in the Prem and the Championship). But that excitement will probably not start to build until early August.

Odd Ive not seen anyone say that.

Maybe because...

No you're quite right.
Despite the amount of times I do it, I know it's wrong of me to take individual comments and then use them to label all of NSC.
It's very stupid and childish and does a huge disservice to NSC.

Perhaps I only acknowledge the negatives comments and pass over the positives.

Then again reading Mustafa saying he expects a fair few players to leave this summer, just 6 minutes after my post, maybe I'm not so wrong after all. :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shocked and saddened as I was to see Chris Hughton leave I felt there was almost an inevitability about his departure. Probably many of you, like me, saw the writing on the wall during the last few months. So Tony Bloom takes the plunge and hires one of the up and coming English coaches with an illuminating C.V. - Graham Potter.

Admittedly I had never heard of him until rumours of his possible recruitment surfaced. I started reading articles about him and his footballing philosophy, I thought then that this could be an inspirational appointment by Bloom. A gamble, perhaps, but none the less a positive move in trying to get our team to play a more exciting and expansive game - something us fans have been craving for ages.

Now with our 2018/19 season over, instead of dreading another safety first, defensive attitude next term I’m now filled with optimism (hopefully not false!) about our performances for the coming season. I am intrigued as to whether Graham Potter will, at last, use our expensive signings - Jahanbakhsh, Locardia, Andone - in a more positive and productive manner. I’m looking forward to seeing Bissouma step up to the next level.
Essentially, I’m looking forward to the whole team playing in a much less inhibited fashion than we’ve been used to and to be exciting and entertaining.

For those reasons and many more I’m really looking forward to August. Bring it on! :albion2:

Excited and optimistic.

Incidentally, this thread us USELESS without a Poll.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ALL are good players imo, look forward to them proving so many posters wrong next season. I feel some bounces coming if they don’t though :wink:

Agree, Icy. Happy to be bounced also. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’ll be pleasantly surprised imho. We have another £110m in broadcasting income, so expect to see 3 or 4 new faces costing up to £60m.

The club/Potter are playing this is down, which is normal.

Exactly this, also. Why would TB not spend? He and we are here to be better. Money from mug gamblers and property unspectaculators in, money towards the Great Project, out.

In moderation, and targetted, of course.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly this, also. Why would TB not spend? He and we are here to be better. Money from mug gamblers and property unspectaculators in, money towards the Great Project, out.

In moderation, and targetted, of course.

Investing in further PL seasons, with targeted new first team players. TB now has the expertise of Ashworth to assist.

I’m excited about this, plus different tactics from a new coach.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Now here's the real debate. Nickname choice. "Harry" has the advantage of being literary and scaring the shit out of Jonjo Shelvey but may end up being confused with Redknapp. "Potty" on the other hand conjures up toilet humour and is ready made for The Sun should he ever get sent to the stands for abusing the fourth official. "Potty Mouthed". Oh my aching sides.

I think we should have a poll.
Call him anything but "GP" please. I see those initials and all I think of is 'ees comlicated'.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If this new exciting expansive football goes a bit pear shaped as the season progresses, we can always bring in Big Sam, Moyes or Pullis to save the season. Worth ago I guess.

Is it going to be 'expansive' or played out from the back, retaining possession as much as possible?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Call him anything but "GP" please. I see those initials and all I think of is 'ees comlicated'.

The chosen one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here