Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno to retire

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
One of the most important signings the club has ever made.

I remember watching Bruno doing an end of season lap of honour 3 years ago - aged 35 - thinking what a shame it was he'd probably never get to play in the Prem with the Albion. It's incredible to think he's now played 2 seasons in the top flight and done himself proud.

The guy is an absolute legend, and he bows out at the top.

A free signing as well.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Will be sorely missed.Perhaps the club could arrange a retirement presentation at the final whistle,and bring on the U-23's,academy players,Ladies team etc,as per the Arsenal match.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Oh man I am gutted by this news. I thought he had another season in him. I have one abiding memory of that aufull team performance against Cardiff, after we shifted a goal Bruno was trying (in vain) to drive everyone forward, he was doing his usual runs forward and was still covering at the back. I remarked at the time what an amazing athlete that man is. He really is one of my all time favourite players. BRUNO I LOVE YOU. I will be so sad that Sunday will be your last game for us, now the result to me doesn't matter so much I will just shout myself hoarse in appreciation to what you have given this cub,

Thank you so much El Capitan

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I hope he gets withdrawn on 85 minutes, and shakes the hand of every single player on the pitch before leaving the field of play.

I hope he gets withdrawn on 85 minutes, and shakes the hand of every single player on the pitch before leaving the field of play.

....After scoring, or at least providing the assist, for the goal that denies City being the Champions :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I remember last season, Gary Neville was doing punditry on one of our televised games,and he was absolutely raving about Bruno. He said if there were any aspiring right backs, they should study Bruno, and that he was the perfect player in that position, and Neville knows what he’s talking about when it comes to right backs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
His Instagram post for anyone that hasn't seen it/can't access it. Got some dust in my eye.

brunosaltor
🇬🇧 When I was a kid, I said to my dad: -I want to be the best football player in the world!
He giggled and said -‘Chase your Dream and Share your passion’.
So I’ve worked hard for that, every single day of my life.
This Sunday will be my last game as a professional football player; in the right place at the right life time, at Amex.
I feel grateful and honored to have being part of J.E. Flix, Olímpic Móra D’Ebre, Club Athlètic Segre, U.E. Lleida, R.C.D. Espanyol, Gimnàstic de Tarragona, U.D. Almería, Valencia C.F. and my Greatest love; Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.
New country, new language, new way to play football, the same Dream and a Promotion to reach the Premier League. We did it the only way you can achieve anything ; TOGETHER!
Thanks to the amazing Seagull fans, to ALL the Staff in the club, to BHAFC Community, to my coaches, to my teammates (forever my family), to the City of Brighton and Hove and to my Family and Friends... for all your LOVE!
You got me. I’ve got you all.
I’ll be there always for you BHAFC.💙 See you very soon!
Love,
Vuestro AMIGO, Bruno.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The man has posted something on his official Facebook and Instagram, prepare for more tears.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSgJ_-hGr5/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qcia30lcklmr

I didn't think I could love him anymore but the guy is pure class.

I feel grateful and honored to have being part of J.E. Flix, Olímpic Móra D’Ebre, Club Athlètic Segre, U.E. Lleida, R.C.D. Espanyol, Gimnàstic de Tarragona, U.D. Almería, Valencia C.F. and my Greatest love; Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.

:cry::love: :cry:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying

:cry:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I love Bruno's Instagram post, I was welling up. I particularly love the beginning:

brunosaltor
&#55356;&#56812;&#55356;&#56807; When I was a kid, I said to my dad: -I want to be the best football player in the world!
He giggled and said -‘Wash your mouth out son, and go get your father's gun, and shoot the Palace scum, shoot the Palace scum. Vamos!"

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can we mention Poyet at this stage? The man certainly had the charisma to attract players that were probably out of our league at the time, Bruno was his best.

Great singing = Poyet's.
Shite singing = Burker's

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Captain my Captain!

Muchos Gracias (sp?)

I'll be on a plane to Portugal on Sunday afternoon - give 'em hell! and I'll watch you and the team when I get back next week :0)
Hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bruno goes out at the top, after rightly re-establishing himself as a first team RB in the PL.

He had the perfect balance in being a quality defender, whilst being so creative with the ball.

The Albion’s best RB ever. Thank you Bruno, I hope you end up being part of the Albion coaching team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bruno goes out at the top, after rightly re-establishing himself as a first team RB in the PL.

He had the perfect balance in being a quality defender, whilst being so creative with the ball.

The Albion’s best RB ever. Thank you Bruno, I hope you end up being part of the Albion coaching team.

This. It's very sad that Calde couldn't have had maybe a season in the PL with us in the same way after getting us so close too........

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
One of the best players we have ever had. And a great man with a huge heart. I'm very grateful that he chose to play for us. Thank You so much

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here