Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The I've got my semi-final ticket but suddenly can't go, best or actually worst story...

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
So got plane ticket & hotel first, then as foreign bronze member got my ticket all set to fly over on Thursday evening....then suddenly need emergency surgery on Sunday night, not life threatning but doc says no way can you sit on a plane for 10 hours and unfortunately he is right standing is much more comfortable than sitting!!!!....so will be looking for streaming on Saturday as Sky have not been showing the FA Cup games - so please get to the final as will be recovered by then!!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gutted for you. Hopefully the fact it is doctor's orders, means that your insurance company will have no room to be ***** about your hotel and flight costs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shame Safe Standing hasn't been implemented in most flights yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't you just tell the airline you're a flesh eating psychopath?

silence-of-the-lambs.png

What's the worst that could happen?

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Indeed but not sure they are up for 10 plus hours.....

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So got plane ticket & hotel first, then as foreign bronze member got my ticket all set to fly over on Thursday evening....then suddenly need emergency surgery on Sunday night, not life threatning but doc says no way can you sit on a plane for 10 hours and unfortunately he is right standing is much more comfortable than sitting!!!!....so will be looking for streaming on Saturday as Sky have not been showing the FA Cup games - so please get to the final as will be recovered by then!!!!

Gutted for you.......was looking forward to meeting up on the Seagulls Special from Mexico City tomorrow night. Get well soon......

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Can’t you just keep repeatedly standing up and then sitting down again while on the plane?

I thought that’s what all Mexicans did anyway; Mexican wave and all that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
Apr 17, 2017
Florida

Sorry to hear about this. If it helps ESPN are covering the FA Cup in the Americas (not sure about Mexico) you can get a free trial and use the app (I use it via Amazon Fire) to watch.
I've been following the FA Cup on that and its cost me $4.99 /month. I will cancel after we win!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
If you can't go are refunds not given for such matches ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Excuses.....never heard of boats!

Hope you're feeling better.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills