Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
You are spot on. The problem here is with greedy businessmen not immigrants. There is a reason immigrants come to the UK, it's desirable. Make it less desirable and they won't. That way the number of immigrants drops but we can still get around the EU unhindered but in typical little England style we choose to ban all FoM and cut off our noses to spite our faces.
THOSE THAT WANT TO COME CAN STILL COME BUT ON A WORK PERMIT SCHEME , WHATS WRONG WITH THAT ?
regards
DR

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Raab and May are a national embarrassment, Johnson is a loose cannon, Mogg is just plain wrong and the Tory Party are a shambles.

Furthermore, there is this assumption in Britain by many on both sides that some sort of deal will be cobbled together, some fudge or other, and things will be more or less OK. But what if there isn't?

The EU have been clear about not compromising on their 4 Freedoms and this means there is nowhere to go without crossing May's Red Lines - other than No Deal.

When will the Tories stop posturing and realise we are staring down the barrel of a gun - a gun we loaded?

Jan 30, 2008
Raab and May are a national embarrassment, Johnson is a loose cannon, Mogg is just plain wrong and the Tory Party are a shambles.

Furthermore, there is this assumption in Britain by many on both sides that some sort of deal will be cobbled together, some fudge or other, and things will be more or less OK. But what if there isn't?

The EU have been clear about not compromising on their 4 Freedoms and this means there is nowhere to go without crossing May's Red Lines - other than No Deal.

When will the Tories stop posturing and realise we are staring down the barrel of a gun - a gun we loaded?
stop bed wetting and get on with your life !
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Ssshhh... you are putting Pretty pink fairy off while he is trying to take aim

cran_ecard.gif

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I suspect that the Tory leadership are trying to 'out-Boris' Boris and spike his guns. The stream of anti-EU invective has been predictable. As experts in 'muddling though' this is just their way of muddling through the conference, I guess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If Boris or Mogg was staring down the barrel of my gun I’d happily pull the trigger.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I suspect that the Tory leadership are trying to 'out-Boris' Boris and spike his guns. The stream of anti-EU invective has been predictable. As experts in 'muddling though' this is just their way of muddling through the conference, I guess.

The Tory priority is not the country but hanging onto power, and so they will try to present as united a front as possible while the media focus is on their conference. It's a joke really because from Boris Johnson's anti-May diatribe to the bloke giving away "Chuck Chequers" badges in the foyer the party is as divided as I can ever recall.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
They are all clueless. It's quite obvious the EU hold all the cards as they have done from the outset, but for reasons only known to themselves, Brexiteers seem blind to this clear reality.

It's a pattern we've seen time and time and time again. Our clueless negotiators go off to Brussels with something completely unacceptable and are told as much by the EU - these idiots then go bleating to the Daily Express and other right wing Brexit sympathising papers about how unfair it all is and "don't they know who we are?" . It's absolutely feeble.

I realised how much shit we were heading into from the first meeting. One side of the table looks prepared...the other side.....

Attachments

• 596ca2185124c9693da2e23f-750-493.jpg
    596ca2185124c9693da2e23f-750-493.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 95

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The bed is already wet from the Brexiteers who's pissed themselves and threw a stop over the eu. Still can't hack it? Still can't stand up to them can you?

Oh Plooks, really, such a simpleton ! 'Stand up to them' :snigger: Brexit has riled the EU more than anything else in it's short pathetic history.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Yeah but every page on the EU side was just NO repeated over and over again. There was no substance

Bollocks. We knew the rules. If you become a member of a private nightclub for example, and you leave, would you expect to go back a week later saying, but I only want to get food from the restaurant and go, would you be surprised if they told you to feck off? If yes then its your problem. Not the EU's.The EU stated their case from the beginning. Brexiteers still don't get it.

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Oh Plooks, really, such a simpleton ! 'Stand up to them' :snigger: Brexit has riled the EU more than anything else in it's short pathetic history.

Yeah it shows. They are saying the same as they have all along and our government is in fecking turmoil

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

If there was any glimmer of hope, Chunt today comparing the EU to USSR has upset Sweden, Estonia and Latvia to name just three and has been described as deeply offensive. So any hope of a deal has just gone out of the window as there is no way they will vote for any deal.

So go home to your constituencies and prepare for chaos.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

27 other countries are in agreement, and just one country (who helped write the treaties and laws) is having a hissy fit. It's everybody else's fault but Britain's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here