Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For all those with either a positive or negative opinion of Donald Trump

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
People knock Trump and to be fair he has many many faults,but what has allowed his rise to power and please don't insult all Americans by calling them dumb......honest answers please?

Given my last post I'm going for "a distinct lack of charismatic leaders with integrity". On both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project fear?

Fear of Mexicans stealing their jobs
Fear of Muslims all being terrorists etc.

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

There's something in EP's reply too. I genuinely blame the internet here. The day stupid or lazy people got computers the world got worse. In the past the ninie o'clock news would have been "too boring" for many and thinking beyond its stories impossible, so they just didn't bother. Many wouldn't have bothered voting either. Now they can just turn on their phone or laptop and see a Britain First meme that's factually incorrect and think "you know what, Brexit seems like a great idea, let's kick out all these Muslims". Or hear a Donald soundbite on Mexicans and think "this guy's nailed it! A wall will solve all my problems!". And the same on the other side. How many feminist memes are there going around Facebook right now regarding Trump's disgraceful comments urging them to vote Clinton because she's not him, no matter how unsuitable for office she is (and she is unsuitable)?

Call it intellectual snobbery if you want but the world seems to be lurching severely to either the left or right based largely on our reactions to terror and religion or bankers and trade deals without anyone thinking more than a couple of seconds about it. A genuine middle ground candidate in many countries would stand no chance now, simply because they'd have nothing to galvanise the voters that wouldn't be dismissed as liberal eliteism. Worse in the States because of the two party system and need to choose a single candidate.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Impressive amounts of generalisations and assumptions right there in that post. Tis easy to imagine though i suspect not terribly accurate.

And they'll be playing Lynyrd Skynyrd and Shania Twain on them in car stereos while chewin' tobaccy! YEEEEE-HAAAAW BOY!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Trump's appeal is similar to Brexit's appeal in one way; There's a chunk of voters who feel disenfranchised and "left behind". They see career politicians from a metropolitan elite coming to their provincial towns and saying "vote for me" but they have nothing in common with them.
Many of these politicians (of all shades) have never done what the voters would call "a real days work" in their lives so when someone comes along and agrees with them they see someone who is different and anti-establishment; the fact that Trump (a business magnate) and Farage (a city trader) are the elite is lost on them.
So they vote for Trump (or Brexit) because they think "why not, what have I got to lose ?".

The real question is, is the chunk big enough for Trump to win ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's something in EP's reply too. I genuinely blame the internet here. The day stupid or lazy people got computers the world got worse. In the past the ninie o'clock news would have been "too boring" for many and thinking beyond its stories impossible, so they just didn't bother. Many wouldn't have bothered voting either. Now they can just turn on their phone or laptop and see a Britain First meme that's factually incorrect and think "you know what, Brexit seems like a great idea, let's kick out all these Muslims". Or hear a Donald soundbite on Mexicans and think "this guy's nailed it! A wall will solve all my problems!". And the same on the other side. How many feminist memes are there going around Facebook right now regarding Trump's disgraceful comments urging them to vote Clinton because she's not him, no matter how unsuitable for office she is (and she is unsuitable)?

Call it intellectual snobbery if you want but the world seems to be lurching severely to either the left or right based largely on our reactions to terror and religion or bankers and trade deals without anyone thinking more than a couple of seconds about it. A genuine middle ground candidate in many countries would stand no chance now, simply because they'd have nothing to galvanise the voters that wouldn't be dismissed as liberal eliteism. Worse in the States because of the two party system and need to choose a single candidate.

Generation after generation of human beings have had brilliant and/or inspiring quotes to live by and live up too:-

The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
Point that the other way, before you have someones eye out - Harold Godwinson
The mind is everything. What you think you become - Buddha
I have a dream - Martin Luther King.
Ich bin ein Berliner - JFK

We get:-

"We've had enough of experts" - Michael Gove.

Jul 7, 2016
Trump is clearly a complete idiot but to compare him to hitler is equally stupid. The hard line he seems to want to take against terrorists, many people would probably agree with but the rest of his behaviour is clueless, Hilary may not be that likeable but she is highly intelligent and has sound reasoning and i suspect would make a great president. And yes I am a big Clinton fan

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
what has allowed his rise to power and please don't insult all Americans by calling them dumb
It's a trick question!

Perhaps America is too insular, allowing someone like him to flourish.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I imagine there are swathes of the mid-west and the south who just see a man, a white man, have no idea about politics, don't care about politics, as long as it's a white man, not a black man, and not a woman that's good enough, and they'll make a stop off at the local polling office on their way from their trailer to a NASCAR rally driving either a 1998 model Dodge Neon or a Pontiac Grand Am. God bless America and the Constitution.

i imagine the people you describe dont vote at all. turnout is typically 50-55%, the first Obama election was an outlier with whopping 58%.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's a trick question!

Perhaps America is too insular, allowing someone like him to flourish.

This is a real possibility,then again the Americans also at the same time are one of the most open,hospitable and welcoming nations on the planet also,the normal down to earth folk and not the PLCs etc..

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Increased wealth inequality and changes in the job market have led many middle and lower middle class Americans to feel that they are having, or face, a much leaner and more precarious life than that of their parents.

Add to this a black president (in a country in which racial issues run very deep), alienation from new technology, globalisation and a perception that ISIS are a greater threat to the people of Duluth than the contents of the local gun store with all of the above stirred up by a right-wing media which long ago abandoned the need for any validation of facts.

In walks Trump and says that the country is on the brink of collapse and distills all of this complex cocktail into being the work of Muslims, liberals and Mexicans. He promises silver bullet solutions that will enable these people to return to their version of the American dream whether it is Little House on the Prarie, Leave it to Beaver or a Doris Day movie. OK you have to be pretty dumb to buy it but you can see why many have.

D

Deleted member 22389

Trump has created thousands of jobs in his time, and to put in the same sentence as someone as evil as Hitler is just plain ridiculous. I voted Leave because I want something new. Americans voting for trump want something new as well. They have had years of false promises from politicians who all look the same and sound the same. Watching a documentary on this very subject, some of these towns are so run down in America, you just wouldn't expect America to turn out this way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If I had the chance I'd vote for THE Donald, whoever thought Hilary Clinton was electable needs to have a look at themselves. Hopefully Don will put her right tonight about her husband and how she did nothing whilst he carried on like a DEMENTED Tom Cat.
The worst thing Clinton could have done was go to the sewer as she is now playing on Trump's territory and he is coming back at her BIG time in the debate.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So on the first morning of a Hillary regime you have a POTUS who openly admires Merkal and wants to flood the country with unvetted Muslims who have antipathy culturally and a certain percentage of terrorists, while facing an increased risk of attack you have a POTUS signing gun control orders making it easier for this threat to target you, as well a certan percentage of Trumpanzees going batshit crazy about end of days etc.

Compared to a foot in mouth bufoon who wants to build a wall.

Seriously? Why wouldn't you vote for trump?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Globalism is disproportionatly impacting the working class in developed countries.

Whether you think this is a problem or think Trump/Brexit are the answer is a different matter.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Maybe because he verbalises stuff that most decent people would not even think.

I've just realised I've just described you which is no doubt why you're endorsing him.

have you just entered the "sewer" [MENTION=21109]One Love[/MENTION] in a "hypothetical" type of way :lolol:

You have called forth the Thunder

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So on the first morning of a Hillary regime you have a POTUS who openly admires Merkal and wants to flood the country with unvetted Muslims who have antipathy culturally and a certain percentage of terrorists, while facing an increased risk of attack you have a POTUS signing gun control orders making it easier for this threat to target you, as well a certan percentage of Trumpanzees going batshit crazy about end of days etc.

Compared to a foot in mouth bufoon who wants to build a wall.

Seriously? Why wouldn't you vote for trump?
Because he advocates sexual assault, mainly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
People knock Trump and to be fair he has many many faults,but what has allowed his rise to power and please don't insult all Americans by calling them dumb......honest answers please?

I believe it is Lowest Common Denominator or Soundbite politics.

Just say out loud what some people are thinking, and people with either love it or hate it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here