Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We are going to go around in circles here, parliament had its chance but decided it was more critical to delay and not carry out the wish of 17.4m.
It's quite incredible those MPs are refusing to follow through on the result.

Blame ya Tory mates that voted down Brexit 4 times earlier this year. If Brexit doesn't happen the Brexiteers only have themselves to blame

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
We are going to go around in circles here, parliament had its chance but decided it was more critical to delay and not carry out the wish of 17.4m.

Well, I suppose as long as someone else dies you can tell yourself you accurately predicted the future. Jo Cox has already been murdered so it's a reasonably safe bet that there is another violent right wing Brexit demanding extremist out there.....

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

But you don't know what 17.4m people actually voted for. I would suggest there are a fair few who are dumb enough to agree to jump of a very high cliff and hope for the best but I also suspect that many were expecting a very easy (thanks Liam) deal to be done.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep, what i said. Backing away from the article after previously sharing it on twitter, she has also said she has no idea about the data, perhaps she should have checked the data first before tweeting it.
You having problems reading?

Good grief, I post something to show you I'd found which agrees with you, and yet you're still having a go. You've got problems.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well, I suppose as long as someone else dies you can tell yourself you predicted the future. Jo Cox has already been murdered so it's a reasonably safe bet that there is another violent right wing Brexit demanding extremist out there.....

Think that’s more than a little extreme comparing Thomas Mair to those who innocently voted leave - unless you are saying that all Leavers are right wing, neo Nazi white supremacists?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
*** Cough *** Check the poster name !

Trouble ye not. I know the difference between PpF and PPF. I was reacting to the post rather than the poster - or rather responding, because reacting implies it got to me, which it didn't.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Think that’s more than a little extreme comparing Thomas Mair to those who innocently voted leave - unless you are saying that all Leavers are right wing, neo Nazi white supremacists?

You are not reading my post accurately. Mouldy predicts violence/insurrection to come; sadly I tend to agree.
Violent extremists daily threaten MPS and one has decided to kill in the name of 'Britain First'; there is a good chance there are more like him out there.
At no point did I suggest or state that innocent leave voters are comparable. They are not. You made the link, not me.......

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Jesus Christ Man, they are refusing to allow a default no deal exit without their consent, that is all. I have no doubt that Parliament at some point will vote for a deal that is put before them. It may need a referendum to ratify it, it may be not the sort of deal you wanted, but it will be leaving the EU. The only way Brexit is not going to happen is if the will of the people has changed and the people are asked, or if the people elect a Liberal Government standing on a promise to revoke A50. Remainers are not celebrating.
What I want to know is, if we are asked and we say remain, will you get over it? If it is close, do you think Farage will just put his hands up and say oh well, the people have spoken, i had better suck it up and maybe being in the EU won't be that bad if I just believe in it?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The entire thing should now be decided by a coin toss. I mean every other form of tosser has had a go without conclusion so why not?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You are not reading my post accurately. Mouldy predicts violence/insurrection to come; sadly I tend to agree.
Violent extremists daily threaten MPS and one has decided to kill in the name of 'Britain First'; there is a good chance there are more like him out there.
At no point did I suggest or state that innocent leave voters are comparable. They are not. You made the link, not me.......

I think more MPs will sadly become victims. But I don’t believe labels such as right wing extremist are accurate. Our society is awash with Angry violent people just waiting to be triggered but when one attacks an MP they do so alone, not as part of a movement. Same types murder people daily for taking their parking space, getting in their way etc.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression that the brexiteers are starting to circle the wagons?

Nope because it’s a process and it will got on for many more years to come. Part of the mistake is to think of Brexit as a single day’s event. It’s not and never was but an evolving withdrawal agreement over decades probably

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nope because it’s a process and it will got on for many more years to come. Part of the mistake is to think of Brexit as a single day’s event. It’s not and never was but an evolving withdrawal agreement over decades probably

I was thinking more along the lines that they seem to be getting ever so more defensive as if they're about to make their last stand!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

Reminiscent of the penguins in Madagascar who are desperate to get home to Antarctica, and then, when they do ...

[yt]N9Z0GHSodEc[/yt]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
But you don't know what 17.4m people actually voted for. I would suggest there are a fair few who are dumb enough to agree to jump of a very high cliff and hope for the best but I also suspect that many were expecting a very easy (thanks Liam) deal to be done.

And 17.4 is being banded about as 'the will of the people'. 17.4m isn't the majority of the country - just the majority of those that voted.

I suggest Ppf and his ladies get together and have a big ungrouping of their panties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here