Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Trust them to what? Be totally open about what happens behind closed doors? Well you're a bit green then.

Did I say that NO. I am not green but I am also not daft enough to think I know how to do things better than they are. Who knows what the f*ck has been going on. Not me and certainly not you. However unlike you I dont have the hubris to think I could do a better job. And do I trust Bloom to do the absolute best he can in a given situation. To ****ing right I do

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The parameters for Potter type of player seems to get narrower with every passing day.

So much for being a people person who can turn muck into brass.

I'm quite surprised at the reactions about this. I was Andone's biggest defender, he was one of my favorite Albion players. Plenty here were calling for him to be shipped out after his red against Saints. I would have thought if this happened I would be gutted.

But have you guys seen how we have been playing since the start of the season? GP has my permission to do whatever the hell he likes with the squad. If he thinks someone should go, fine. He knows more than I do, and while he has us playing the way we have been I'm happy to defer to him on pretty much everything at this point.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did I say that NO.
So WTF are you going on about then? You're making out that I don't trust them, which is incorrect.
I am not green but I am also not daft enough to think I know how to do things better than they are.
And neither am I.
Who knows what the f*ck has been going on. Not me and certainly not you. However unlike you I dont have the hubris to think I could do a better job.
:lol: Go on, show me where I said anything to suggest that :rolleyes:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm quite surprised at the reactions about this. I was Andone's biggest defender, he was one of my favorite Albion players. Plenty here were calling for him to be shipped out after his red against Saints. I would have thought if this happened I would be gutted.

But have you guys seen how we have been playing since the start of the season? GP has my permission to do whatever the hell he likes with the squad. If he thinks someone should go, fine. He knows more than I do, and while he has us playing the way we have been I'm happy to defer to him on pretty much everything at this point.

Great post, couldn’t have put it better. [emoji106]

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I reckon having Murray, Maupay and an understudy striker gives the players satisfactory playing times and covers for injury. Trying to fit 3 pro strikers into the starting 11 just complicates selection and I don't think Andone likes sitting on the bench. Connolly is of an age where he will be easier to mold into Potters ways and be more patient than Andone would so it all makes some logical sense.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I reckon having Murray, Maupay and an understudy striker gives the players satisfactory playing times and covers for injury. Trying to fit 3 pro strikers into the starting 11 just complicates selection and I don't think Andone likes sitting on the bench. Connolly is of an age where he will be easier to mold into Potters ways and be more patient than Andone would so it all makes some logical sense.

If we had 3 established PL strikers then that MAY be the case, but we don't. Even then, most teams would ideally have 4 strikers to rotate, with maybe one of them being an iffy punt like Maupay or Connolly.

Andone started against Southampton. He'd have had plenty of gametime this season, assuming GP managed to stop him charging around like a loon.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we had 3 established PL strikers then that MAY be the case, but we don't. Even then, most teams would ideally have 4 strikers to rotate, with maybe one of them being an iffy punt like Maupay or Connolly.

Andone started against Southampton. He'd have had plenty of gametime this season, assuming GP managed to stop him charging around like a loon.

So naive [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION], so naive.

Potter didn't fancy Andone nor Locadia, so he was just trying them out to make sure, leaving someone he did really fancy out of the match day 18.

It's exactly why any manager starting his first season in the Premier League would do. Points are so easy to come by, you can afford to experiment in the first few games, and then make up any shortfall in points later...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Potter, likely with Ashworth, has identified the narcissists who will disrupt the group and will need to play to soothe their psyches. Andone, Locadia, Knockaert all gone. Kayal as well, though to a much lesser extent.

The 'no dickheads' test has been upgraded.
Now 'no narcissists' added, and perhaps soon 'no booze brothers'.

Harsh on Kayal, that, even to lesser extent. He just isn't Premier level.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I reckon having Murray, Maupay and an understudy striker gives the players satisfactory playing times and covers for injury. Trying to fit 3 pro strikers into the starting 11 just complicates selection and I don't think Andone likes sitting on the bench.
In our first game, we managed to play Murray, Andone and Maupay. Potter showed he was happy to play Andone and Maupay together, so I'm not sure Andone would have been benched too much.

Connolly is of an age where he will be easier to mold into Potters ways and be more patient than Andone would so it all makes some logical sense.
If moulding were needed (and it is for some positions), I'd certainly agree with you. If we're playing 343, with one central striker whose job it is to stick it in the net, I'm not sure that much moulding is necessary. Andone looks like he could fill that role. But it's not to be, so we'll see. We're in for a real treat if Connolly is as good as Andone.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Potter didn't fancy Andone nor Locadia, so he was just trying them out to make sure, leaving someone he did really fancy out of the match day 18.

It's exactly why any manager starting his first season in the Premier League would do. Points are so easy to come by, you can afford to experiment in the first few games, and then make up any shortfall in points later...

Don’t forget Potter the wizard also has some magic fairy dust up his sleeve that can transform the players that do not make the 18 from those who look like they have no first touch, pace, strength or ability to score and assist at this level into a Mahrez level player.

This is all part of the master plan

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

GP's got his team of sidekicks all whispering in one ear, and Ashworth doing his Thought Leader thing in the other ear. Total mish-mash of a 'project' from which something truly amazing may (or may not) emerge. At least it's entertaining, which is a damn sight more than can be said about last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am sensing the first Potter out thread post Burnley should we lose

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Does that mean we won't be seeing much more of Trossard? :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've already drafted a series of polls to run between the Burnley and Newcastle defeats.

I look forward to them along with the ones connected to Ali J’s contributions in those two games

I think we are also going to need a new Mojo poll soon too. I feel some of the lickers have become bedwetters and viceversa

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’ve got a sneaky feeling that Izzy won’t be a GP type player when he is fit either. Maybe an impact sub.

I’ve got the same feeling about Izquierdo

Firstly, I don’t think he’ll be fit, (as in properly match fit, pace and stamina back and genuinely pickable) untiil well into Spring. Cup runs will help us re-integrate him

Secondly, Trossard is currently in his favoured position and he’ll take some shifting if he stays fit.

Thirdly, the thing which has been holding Izzy back, his lack of variety, will probably be more of an issue to Potter than it was to Hughton, who was happy to use him as defensive outlet, a whack down the channels and let him chase it, sort of player.

On the other hand Potter got a lot out of James, another who’s game is based on pace. But my guess is that Izzy will get a few games towards the end of the season and moved on in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here