Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bristol Rovers tickets

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
We had a 5.5 hour round trip, and sang ourselves hoarse for 90 minutes, I was kind of hoping that might register for at least a couple of points?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I presume they are avoiding giving points for games like this when the tickets are cheap to avoid a repeat of the Bournemouth thing

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I can understand that. But equally, how can people who are currently low on points, but who want to make an effort to gain against the group of people currently higher than them, to perhaps increase their chances of getting big away game tickets one day, ever do anything about it?

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Loyalty points for this game haven't been decided as yet according to a reply I have just received from supporter services.
Would assume some will be awarded.
Given we also have a home tie in the next round I assume points will be allocated for those that attend that game too.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can understand that. But equally, how can people who are currently low on points, but who want to make an effort to gain against the group of people currently higher than them, to perhaps increase their chances of getting big away game tickets one day, ever do anything about it?

Any criticism should be directed at those who ruined it for everybody else by purchasing Bournemouth tickets which they had no intension of attending

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Given we also have a home tie in the next round I assume points will be allocated for those that attend that game too.

Its easy for home games, when your ticket is scanned at the turnstile it confirms attendance so points are given, if you buy a ticket and don't turn up, you don't get the points.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Go to more away games? Very few outside of London sold out last year. Still Man City tickets available last night.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I’m speaking on behalf of other fans who made the long trip to Bristol. I’m ok for points on 360+, and my lads all 340+. But those who made the Bristol trip should get something at least, surely....

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

They go to games anyway, as most don’t sell out?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How long after a match do they add the loyalty points normally?

Asking for a friend...

I reckon at least a couple of days for Rovers to get the data from the bar codes.

Btw, there were more than 50 at Bournemouth last year. A slight exaggeration in that post (or underestimation is more accurate)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Loyalty points for this game haven't been decided as yet according to a reply I have just received from supporter services.
Would assume some will be awarded.

I just wonder if the club are looking to give the League Cup U23 status and not award points.

The end of season number of games attended and miles traveled excluded the Southampton League Cup game, and no points were published ahead of the Rovers game.

Pure speculation

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
How long after a match do they add the loyalty points normally?

Asking for a friend...

It was roughly five working days after the WHU game that I had my points allocated. Likely to be similar (or a bit quicker) for an away game where attendance wasn't checked - I'd have thought.

Edit: I just got 'whooshed' I think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was roughly five working days after the WHU game that I had my points allocated. Likely to be similar (or a bit quicker) for an away game where attendance wasn't checked - I'd have thought.

Tickets were scanned at the point of entry, so the club should be able to obtain data relating to actual attendance should they want to.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Tickets were scanned at the point of entry, so the club should be able to obtain data relating to actual attendance should they want to.

Does Bristol Rovers have that technology? Looking at rest of ground when I last went, albeit a few years back, it wouldn't have been a priority!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here