Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
After last weeks shambolic performance at Sheffield, it was a superb win, and much needed.
To have our left back in that position, just after a 89 minute equaliser, speaks volumes.
Now we’ve beaten all the top 6 on their own patches in the PL, which is an amazing feat.
Villa at home next week, and a good opportunity to get another 3 points.
It will be interesting how you play at City next week, will you continue with Potterball, or go a bit more defensive ?
Finally, wasn’t that a shocker from Andone? Maybe he was still upset from the pre match shenanigans?

Great result for your lot. From what I saw on MOTD looked to be a bit lucky with the first penalty decision being turned down, but fair play to you for getting a winner at the death.

Your game seems to be all about counter attacks, so you are probably more likely to win away than at home don't you think?
Nonetheless likelihood and doing it are two very different things so kudos to you on a great achievement.

It will be interesting how you get on against Villa. Result aside, what did you see yesterday that makes you optimistic for 3 points?
You looked pretty poor going forward against Everton, who in turn were shocking against Villa.

Very interested in how we set up next week. Potter definitely adapts more for the opposition, whereas Hughton had us very well drilled (mostly).

Horrible challenge by Andone, but i don't think it was malicious, it is the way he tries to win the ball back adn got it badly wrong.
Straight red no question.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Great result for your lot. From what I saw on MOTD looked to be a bit lucky with the first penalty decision being turned down, but fair play to you for getting a winner at the death.

Your game seems to be all about counter attacks, so you are probably more likely to win away than at home don't you think?
Nonetheless likelihood and doing it are two very different things so kudos to you on a great achievement.

It will be interesting how you get on against Villa. Result aside, what did you see yesterday that makes you optimistic for 3 points?
You looked pretty poor going forward against Everton, who in turn were shocking against Villa.

Very interested in how we set up next week. Potter definitely adapts more for the opposition, whereas Hughton had us very well drilled (mostly).

Horrible challenge by Andone, but i don't think it was malicious, it is the way he tries to win the ball back adn got it badly wrong.
Straight red no question.

You need luck at Old Trafford, that’s a given.
Of course we defended well, we set up away from home to catch teams on the counter, and we’ve been quite successful up to now.
Villa will be tough after their win, but with our win, hopefully we can kick on and get another 3 points.
The more I see Andone’s “ tackle” , the worse it gets.
He seems to have a nasty streak in him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You need luck at Old Trafford, that’s a given.
Of course we defended well, we set up away from home to catch teams on the counter, and we’ve been quite successful up to now.
Villa will be tough after their win, but with our win, hopefully we can kick on and get another 3 points.
The more I see Andone’s “ tackle” , the worse it gets.
He seems to have a nasty streak in him.

Every team needs players with a nasty streak imo. I think he went ott in trying to get his body between the player and the ball, I don’t think there was intent (at least I hope not) it was an overly aggressive and naive attempt to win the ball. No doubt it was a red though.

Great wins for you and Newcastle though

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bar stewards

I do NOT like these stats

Last away team to win at the Emirates - Crystal Palace
Last away team to win at Anfield - Crystal Palace
Last away team to win at Old Trafford - Crystal Palace
Last away team to win at Etihad - Crystal Palace

Only team in PL history to score an injury time winner at Old Trafford - Crystal Palace

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well played Palace. Really great result against a much improved Manchester United.

Obviously I still want you to crash and burn but can’t take away the fact that Roy played Solskjaer,and his plan, like a one string fiddle.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Bar stewards

I do NOT like these stats

Last away team to win at the Emirates - Crystal Palace
Last away team to win at Anfield - Crystal Palace
Last away team to win at Old Trafford - Crystal Palace
Last away team to win at Etihad - Crystal Palace

Only team in PL history to score an injury time winner at Old Trafford - Crystal Palace

Assume you mean only away team to score an injury time winner at Old Trafford?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Dougie is currently banned.

Wow !

I think the moderators on this forum ( and I do like them ) make the United Nations look positively 'super-fast' in taking action against trouble makers.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Crystal Palace Official twitter feed: Haha, look at Wilf dancing over the football then failing to actually do anything with it, despite the full back being on the floor, isn't it funny.
Andros Townsend, Crystal Palace Employee: Shut up, stupid.

[tweet]1165998354335240198[/tweet]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is there a link t the video for those who have twitter?

Twitter can be weird about what it allows when not signed in - video in a tweet, sure, video in a tweet that's been quoted in another tweet - nope. Can you play it direct in the tweet below:

[tweet]1165934045177536519[/tweet]

Otherwise, I don't know, and I'd rather not sully my youtube history with searches for crystal palace.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Twitter can be weird about what it allows when not signed in - video in a tweet, sure, video in a tweet that's been quoted in another tweet - nope. Can you play it direct in the tweet below:

[tweet]1165934045177536519[/tweet]

Otherwise, I don't know, and I'd rather not sully my youtube history with searches for crystal palace.

no it wouldn't let me, just sent me to a sign up page.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To those who can't see it, the SEGW waves his leg around over the ball for a bit, before his attempted cross is blocked.

This is apparently very exciting wing play.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Every team needs players with a nasty streak imo. I think he went ott in trying to get his body between the player and the ball, I don’t think there was intent (at least I hope not) it was an overly aggressive and naive attempt to win the ball. No doubt it was a red though.

Great wins for you and Newcastle though

This.

He went over the ball and didn't follow through with his leg, he spun and crashed into him instead. Reckless and potentially dangerous yes, hence the straight red, but not intentional.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well we got about 20 odd years by my reckoning... Only 4 to go. Spurs, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Oh and we've done Utd twice in two years.

Funny how PVA was rubbish last week but this week he is great. Parish was right about something, you are a fickle fan base. [emoji8]

Funnily enough, Parish finally resurfaced on Twitter the other day to crow about it after Palace finally scraped a result. Prior to that, the Disney Spiv had been missing presumed dead. He's EXACTLY the same kind of vermin that come crawling back onto these pages after they've fluked their way to swerving another defeat. Cut from the same cloth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here