Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] EU Elections. Where is your X ?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
End of deadlock.

...and following the end of deadlock (which is only on the UK side anyway) ?
Tearing up Brexit would also end the deadlock.

Im talking about the future. Who do we trade with, albeit, compared to the present, on unfavourable terms for the country? Remembering that 48 percent of our current trade deals are with the EU.
When would the UK start any trade deal? They dont happen overnight.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
You argue with careful nuance, impeccable logic and well researched facts.

You are nonetheless completely wrong. The vast majority of those that voted leave thought they were voting for a deal of some kind.

Obviously.

LEAVE MEANS NORWAY + OR POSSIBLY SOME FORM OF TIME LIMITED CUSTOM UNION MAYBE AND IN ALL CASES WITH A BACKSTOP PROVISION TO PROTECT THE GOOD FIDAY AGREEMENT

The postman obviously didn't do his job. They were all supposed to receive a Government leaflet which explained that a vote to leave meant out of the Single Market and out of the Customs Union, I know I did. It's funny that you don't hear any leavers complaining that they were hoodwinked and didn't know what they voted for. It's very good of the remainers to be so willing to speak up for the silent mistaken masses.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The postman obviously didn't do his job. They were all supposed to receive a Government leaflet which explained that a vote to leave meant out of the Single Market and out of the Customs Union, I know I did. It's funny that you don't hear any leavers complaining that they were hoodwinked and didn't know what they voted for. It's very good of the remainers to be so willing to speak up for the silent mistaken masses.

Maybe you can explain how a no deal works out positively for the country? If there is no positive outcome, what made you vote for the country to suffer? Was it 'emotional' or something else?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Considering that we are not supposed to be having it at all, the amount of leaflets dropping through my letterbox for every party going, including independents is a cause of great mirth to me, apart from the Brexit party each one must be really naffing off the leave voters.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I struggle to understand why Fararge and his two bit party gets so much air time he was elected a UKIP MEP but has had the worst attendance record of any MEP he has taken the money but not represent the people who he was elected to represent, he is a one issue clown that can say what lies he likes as he has none of the baggage the other more established parties have, he new party has no manifesto again no other party has that luxury, the Brexit Party as such is happy to stand on the one issue and treat the election as a referendum while none of the other parties can!

Fararge performed very well to impress voters to win the election to leave Europe and I consider he will put up a very strong case to defend the decision

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Considering that we are not supposed to be having it at all, the amount of leaflets dropping through my letterbox for every party going, including independents is a cause of great mirth to me, apart from the Brexit party each one must be really naffing off the leave voters.

Junk mail always naffs me off but these leaflets do make me chuckle, with their desperate attempts to write something more erudite than the remainers here, who can only manage name-calling & shouting that leave voters are stupid and that Brexit is bollocks.
Are there any Brexiteers on NSC brave enough to point out positive scenario's to a no deal Brexit?
Not me, as I have already stated in the Brexit thread, I don't want a 'no Deal' Brexit, but I do want Brexit. I expected the Government could achieve that and not that remainers would still be squealing like pigs nearly 3 years on.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
...and following the end of deadlock (which is only on the UK side anyway) ?
Tearing up Brexit would also end the deadlock.

Im talking about the future. Who do we trade with, albeit, compared to the present, on unfavourable terms for the country? Remembering that 48 percent of our current trade deals are with the EU.
When would the UK start any trade deal? They dont happen overnight.

Many firms in Europe depend on selling to us and will be desperate to continue doing so

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Im a Labour Party voter and member but their ambiguity on where they stand on Brexit means that I will be voting Lib Dem this time.

Those voting for the Brexit Party, will you be calling on your successful candidates to not take their salary if they get elected ?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Many firms in Europe depend on selling to us and will be desperate to continue doing so

Can hear them screaming for the EU to let the UK stay in the club on exactly the same terms.
As we have been repeatedly told by leavers, we can trade with other countries. I wonder if EU firms have thought that.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Junk mail always naffs me off but these leaflets do make me chuckle, with their desperate attempts to write something more erudite than the remainers here, who can only manage name-calling & shouting that leave voters are stupid and that Brexit is bollocks.
Not me, as I have already stated in the Brexit thread, I don't want a 'no Deal' Brexit, but I do want Brexit. I expected the Government could achieve that and not that remainers would still be squealing like pigs nearly 3 years on.

You say remainers can only resort to name calling and then call them squealing pigs
Brilliant.
And then you wonder why they call leavers stupid.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If you're not able to get your head round it, you're probably a remainer.

Not sure why that's relevant. I read the Vote Leave literature, the official Leave campaign, which said we would secure a deal then leave. To claim, as the Brexit Party now do, that we should leave with no deal was not what people voted for in June 2016.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
no one voted for a deal........... LEAVE MEANS LEAVE

Actually with a Leave vote that is exactly what you WERE voting for. That was the stated aim of the official Leave campaign.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Fury as people with opinions still hold them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I'm old enough to remember when we were told the German car industry would be demanding the German Government instructed the EU to cave to British demands. Still waiting...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here