Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Some thoughts on Manchester City and today's celebration

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disappointing that they equalised straight away with the ball going through Ryan's legs. It might have been a very different game and result if that didn't happen.

.....or if Dunk's free kick had penned them back to 2-2 just before half time.

'Or if' a few dozen things had happened differently really!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
There were 2 Man City fans at the back of the North acting like complete twats. They got kicked out after their first goal amusingly.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Hmmm - read the first sentence, and thought to myself - written by a die-hard idiot - don't read any more.
Sadly, like a car-crash, couldn't stop looking, even though I knew I shouldn't, and read the rest of the OP's ridiculous bile.
Thought to myself, wow, is this what we have become?

Then I remembered the sun was shining, we are staying up, we gave them a scare for the first 20 minutes or so, and life is still good, despite such crass negativity.

Onward and upwards :)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There were 25 arrests at the game today, I wonder how many were City fans that ran on the pitch.

Quite a few ejections from WSU after city goals with many Albion fans like meerkats looking for anyone with a feint smile on their face.
Amusing incident when city fan being ejected offered an Albion fan outside...... only to be followed by about six!!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Piss poor support from them until they went 1-3 up. Shame we conceded when we did, could have been very different.

Admittedly it wasn't until they went ahead but I thought they were the loudest fans I've heard at the Amex.

Also a big well done to the steward who was looking after Upper East 3E3 block. After a couple of City fans celebrated their equaliser he had a quite word and asked them nicely to calm down their celebration. They apologised to the people around them and stayed until the end. It was far easier than having a big confrontation.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It is the sign of the times that people like you these days boil doing anything nice for people down to ‘virtue signalling’. Have a word with yourself.

Hear and hear again!

It's like putting people down for being "do gooders". Where would we be if everybody went around... er... doing good? Shameful behaviour.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Admittedly it wasn't until they went ahead but I thought they were the loudest fans I've heard at the Amex.

Also a big well done to the steward who was looking after Upper East 3E3 block. After a couple of City fans celebrated their equaliser he had a quite word and asked them nicely to calm down their celebration. They apologised to the people around them and stayed until the end. It was far easier than having a big confrontation.

Other than Arsenal I can’t think of another team that were so quiet until in front. Once 1-3 up they were decent but you’d expect that considering they were winning the league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In a general sense, football trophy presentations are stupidly long these days and it’s in part due to getting everyone involved. It’s why stadiums are empty by time trophy lifted. It’s a good 15 to 20mins after the whistle. In the old days not only had the teams received a trophy, they’d done their lap as had the runners up. Instead we have this orchestrated nonsense that takes an age to put together. It does get a bit boring and takes the shine off. The music is also very cliche, prefer the sound of the crowd - well the ones who prepared to wait half an hour anyway!! :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Imho the City fans have now become the most entitled and disenfranchised with their modest and sometimes troubled past. Certainly Champs in that field.

That's what others say about us, and others say about those others, and everyone says about someone.

There's a pattern there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In a general sense, football trophy presentations are stupidly long these days and it’s in part due to getting everyone involved. It’s why stadiums are empty by time trophy lifted. It’s a good 15 to 20mins after the whistle. In the old days not only had the teams received a trophy, they’d done their lap as had the runners up. Instead we have this orchestrated nonsense that takes an age to put together. It does get a bit boring and takes the shine off. The music is also very cliche, prefer the sound of the crowd - well the ones who prepared to wait half an hour anyway!! :)

Was thinking that. Wanted to watch it but just started getting so bored it was a damp squib in the end.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Thought the pyrotechnics during their presentation were decidedly limp. Expecting a lot better at Twickenham in a few weeks with Metallica! :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Piss poor support from them until they went 1-3 up. Shame we conceded when we did, could have been very different.

Spoke to many on the way down, all crapping themselves about today. I saw a nervous team (not for long) and a nervous crowd.

All very very friendly, but most Mancunians are.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

There were more Brighton left watching the presentation than for a lot of home games this season after 80 mins. Made getting the train home easier.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Meanwhile back in Manchester

[tweet]1127630253185220609[/tweet]

Appalling behaviour by fan, why didn’t stewards act? Should be banned. No need for that prolonged abuse regardless of feelings.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Agree about the corrupt Arab money but the positives are that it was a great advert for the Amex to present the cup to the Premier League Champions, which won't happen often, and making it a great memory for the Man City fans who also gave Bruno a good send off. The footballing world were tuned into this game and it was a well delivered spectacle for the football fan.

We do have an attractive setup and it's a great place to play football on the world stage so hopefully this will help with new signings in the summer.

Could have been a lot worse if we needed a draw to stay up so it was a good day for the history books.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Quite a few ejections from WSU after city goals with many Albion fans like meerkats looking for anyone with a feint smile on their face.
Amusing incident when city fan being ejected offered an Albion fan outside...... only to be followed by about six!!

From C block? I found that faintly amusing 'cos they all looked older than me, so really should know better!

Old folk today, eh!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
.....or if Dunk's free kick had penned them back to 2-2 just before half time.

'Or if' a few dozen things had happened differently really!

If Man City didn’t score all the goals they did, we’d have won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here