Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool fans have their doubts about us...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
"Glenn Murray is just typical grade A commoner bloke. If he wasnt good enough to be a footballer he'd just be on benefits and you know it. Can't believe this club will still be in the Prem next season. Fully expect them to prop up the table with this lot next year." :rolleyes:

Interesting comment. Would like to know the source. Assume it is an armchair keyboard warrior from Woking or Watford or Wolverhampton or Weston or Wherever. Probably never been anywhere near Anfield, the former home of Everton FC and now home to boarded up houses, dog shit, broken glass and used syringes. Oh, it has got character, though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Burslum ?

Cracking day out (Vale away, last game of the season), but oh my days. The locals weren't even walking upright.

I went there some seasons before and we were in a great pub pre match called the Pig and Whistle that I think had been recommended by Gulls Eye. I didn't really notice the locals at the fame as walking upright was an issue for me. The last day of the season promotion game though? I had just got back from working in India. Met everyone we were going with on Friday night in the Hove Park as we were staying at a mate's gaff and leaving early. Half a pint in, the Delhi Belly that had been in the post since I landed took full effect. Spent the Saturday on the china :(

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Glenn Murray is just typical grade A commoner bloke. If he wasnt good enough to be a footballer he'd just be on benefits and you know it. Can't believe this club will still be in the Prem next season. Fully expect them to prop up the table with this lot next year." :rolleyes:

Who said that...was it Clippity Klopp?

My bet is someone who can count the number of "banter" groups he's a member of as higher than the number of times he's been to Anfield.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
The global Liverpool fans are properly pissing me off to be honest, all over every single club tweet, Facebook, instagram post (about the match, or Bruno, or anything else) with their ‘win it for Liverpool’, ‘YNWA’ shite.

Brighton and Hove Albion are playing a Premier League game, that they’ll do their level best to win, for themselves, their own fans, and for their retiring legend of a captain. Not for a load of moronic fake Liverpool fans in Shanghai, Egypt or India.

The pricks.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The global Liverpool fans are properly pissing me off to be honest, all over every single club tweet, Facebook, instagram post (about the match, or Bruno, or anything else) with their ‘win it for Liverpool’, ‘YNWA’ shite.

Brighton and Hove Albion are playing a Premier League game, that they’ll do their level best to win, for themselves, their own fans, and for their retiring legend of a captain. Not for a load of moronic fake Liverpool fans in Shanghai, Egypt or India.

The pricks.
Having lived there for a long time, I will be pleased if we did it, for many of my old mates up there, but the plastics I have no time for, you got it right, let's win this for the Albion and maybe for the chance to witness a huge upset at City's expense.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I despise Liverpool and their fans. I always have, I don't really have a rational reason as to why I do, it is what it is.
Come Sunday I will be cheering Brighton on as I would for every game, however if we put up a good showing and Bruno gets the reception that he deserves when he is subbed of in the 89th minute I really wouldn't be too fussed if we conceded a 96th minute goal if it stopped Liverpool winning the league.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The pricks.

Oh God this, this, a thousand times this.

Everything the Albion have put up on social media this week has been SPAMMED by patronising, desperate plastic Reds, urging the Albion to "Do it for Bruno", or "do it for football", or "Do it to stand up against oil money (because Liverpool are such plucky paupers themselves of course). I wish they'd all just **** off and focus on their team beating Wolves, rather than zoning in tediously on little old us.

My absolute ideal scenario this weekend is for us to beat City (ha), but for Liverpool to screw up against Wolves. That way we can have some fun, City can have their fun, and everybody goes home on a high, whereas the vast global diaspora of glory hunting five-minute-Reds go sulking back to their homes in Suffolk, Surrey, Wiltshire, Bangkok and Nairobi, empty handed, at least until the Champions League final.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Others have fans, we have family, others have a ground, we have a home, patronise patronise blah blah blah

100% Albion win on Sunday but with City winning the title please

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here