Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lets be realistic - The Official Dunk and/or Duffy transfer thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How much did Everton pay for Michael Keane a couple of years back? I think, with add-ons, it was about £30m.

It has to be that and a bit, as I think their age counts against them less, than we've seen prices inflate in the last 2 years. I think we should be hanging up the phone immediately at offers south of £30m, and even at £30m, we should be fairly dismissive, and explain that's not going to be enough, go back and have a little think.

I would want £35-40m for either of them.

You also have to price it up in terms of what it could cost us if we lose them! How much does relegation cost a club, because that's what we'd be facing without either of them this season.

This.

Anyway, not happening. [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] just doing his dry comedy schtik

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This.

Anyway, not happening. [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] just doing his dry comedy schtik

Not this time (or with my anti-Giroud tirades).

The transfer window will imminently be thrown open and, sadly, the club only has 2 genuine assets.
We can talk all we want about 'potential signings' but that's a two way

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this the same Dunk & Duffy, who not more than a couple of week ago on these very boards were being called shite?

I'd be interested to read those posts, as I missed them first time around.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not this time (or with my anti-Giroud tirades).

The transfer window will imminently be thrown open and, sadly, the club only has 2 genuine assets.
We can talk all we want about 'potential signings' but that's a two way

In that case....we shall see. I suspect these two are happy being bouncers at Sherries, and the prospect of being invited to plan the music down the Hungry Years wouldn't appeal. Look how out of place Dunk looked in his one and only run out for England.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
If Arsenal had them they would be playing Champions League football next season, same goes for Man Utd. Thing is TB does not have to sell anybody unless of course the player wants to leave, I've read some of the other clubs forums on who they want for next season and Dunk seems to be wanted by pretty much everyone, the blind ignorance of particularly Spurs fans who just think they need to ask and Dunk would sign or Bloom has to sell is laughable, we hold the aces in this game and who better to play the summer transfer hand than TB

Do you really think that our two central defenders will ignore offers which will be far better than we can afford?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you really think that our two central defenders will ignore offers which will be far better than we can afford?

From considerably further up the table.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
could see this happening if Maguire goes somewhere.

Be perfect replacement for a club like Leicester. Would improve Dunks England chances.

Reckon 20-25m could get either if they want to go after the bid is in

No way. The fee being quoted for Maguire by Leicester is 80-90 million. Ridiculous as that is, if that's what the going rate is then we should be asking for at least more than half of that for D&D, if thats what they eventually get for Maguire

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can’t see a top 6 team coming in for either of them, they are good players but not top 6 imho

I would put them both in the 25-30 million bracket at best and With this in mind i can’t see the premier league 2nd tier paying half or more of their budgets on either of them.

Good news for us, look at new contracts to be sure and announce prior to city game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
One of my primary pleasures in life is watching arsenal fans tv after they’ve lost.
One of their regular idiots was asked what kind of player arsenal needed.
He basically described Lewis Dunk.
I could totally see that happening.
He hasn’t got the pace for a top top team but would improve arsenal.
I was thinking £25m but having read this thread I now think hurstpierpoint’s finest shouldnt leave for less than 40

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No way. The fee being quoted for Maguire by Leicester is 80-90 million. Ridiculous as that is, if that's what the going rate is then we should be asking for at least more than half of that for D&D, if thats what they eventually get for Maguire

Maguire only just turned 26.
18 caps
Star at a World Cup in a semi final team

Long way ahead of d and d

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Both Dunk and Duffy have been exceptional over the last four games and in general the last three seasons, however don't forget both players form dipped during our woeful home run against Burnley, Saints, Bournemouth and Cardiff. Could consistency hold they back or was our problem not the centre half pairing.
Maybe I'm being a tad harsh but it you are paying the amounts mentioned could you argue neither are the complete centre half.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I think we’re safe for another year with DD and after that I wish them all the best. We can’t hold them back any further than that because like we all know they are top players who’ve given everything

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They are both great, but top 6 sides need more pace as they defend higher up the field. They're perfect for us but can't see either quite ticking the box at that level.

Solid top half sides might test us but I think we'd be able to hold on for 30M plus for either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here