Gloucester
.............................................Ryan
Tavernier...............Duffy........................Dunk...........Bernardo
.........................................Stephens
........New £30/£40M CM who......New £30/£40M CM who
........can dominate midfield,.........can dominate midfield,
........run the match and chip.........run the match and chip
........in with a few goals.................in with a few goals

March (alternating wings, wherever he gets most joy)
..................Andone...........................Locadia

Back up: Montoya/Bruno, Burn, Bong. Bissouma, Gyokeres, Connelly, Molumbey, Sanders, Cochrane, Button/Sanchez.

Andone and Locadia do have goals in them - not the greatest, but some goals nonetheless - but they will only score a percentage of the chances they get. With the CMs actually controlling the games and providing chances, as well as Tavernier's pinging crosses, I think they'll score enough (to be going with for next season anyway - we can only improve slowly and incrementally - no £70M strikers just yet!). Trouble this season is that the percentage of practically f*ck all (chances) is precisely..............f*ck all (goals).

It's getting those CMs that will be crucial; if it takes our whole budget - so be it!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
This is a stupid thread as there are too many unknowns that nobody not even CH TB or DA can answer

Are you Donald Runsfelt can I claim my £5 As I kmow what is the message there? The message is that there are no "knowns." There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
It sounds like a riddle. It isn't a riddle. It is a very serious, important matter.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
To be honest I think the only players that Should really be anywhere near a prem starting 11 are:

Ryan
Dunk
Duffy
Bernado
Bissouma
AK on his day

Think the following are ok squad players but should be no more than back up.

March
Andone
Propper
Kayal
Stephens
Montoya

And then hopefully some of the kids.

We are going to have to buy alot of new talent or I predict a grim year.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

Back up: Montoya/Bruno, Burn, Bong. Bissouma, Gyokeres, Connelly, Molumbey, Sanders, Cochrane, Button/Sanchez.

Andone and Locadia do have goals in them - not the greatest, but some goals nonetheless - but they will only score a percentage of the chances they get. With the CMs actually controlling the games and providing chances, as well as Tavernier's pinging crosses, I think they'll score enough (to be going with for next season anyway - we can only improve slowly and incrementally - no £70M strikers just yet!). Trouble this season is that the percentage of practically f*ck all (chances) is precisely..............f*ck all (goals).

It's getting those CMs that will be crucial; if it takes our whole budget - so be it!

I’d be very surprised if Locadia’s still here next season. It just hasn’t worked. We will need two new strikers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’d be very surprised if Locadia’s still here next season. It just hasn’t worked. We will need two new strikers.
We won't be getting two new strikers. That's a certainty - we're more likely to get a new 60K seater stadium at Black Rock! So for next season we may have to work (better) with what we've got. Locadia hasn't been a success, and his social; media antics may well have failed the 'no dick-heads' rule - but he has scored a few goals; at least one of them was bloody good too.
Yes, I'd like a better option. But ....... we can't afford it, and we won't IMHO - we need to take care of midfield first.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Ali J and Bissouma apparently absolutely run the show at training. Hopefully they can bring it next season.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ryan
New right back, Duff, Dunk, Bernardo
Bissouma, new Brian Horton, new box-to-box midfield player
March, new central striker, Izquierdo if fit.

Backup: Button, Burn, Bong, Bruno, Kayal, Stephens, Andone, Gross, Murray, Knockaert, Connolly.

Out: Propper, Locadia, Jahanbakhsh, Montoya.

Criteria for all new signings: Premier League experience, pace.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Alexis Mac Allister, midfielder of Argentinos Juniors , was bought by the Brighton and Hove of the Premier League , a club that gave him back to the Bicho until mid-2019. However, he still does not have a community passport and does not know if he will be able to play in England . I could continue in La Paternal, although Boca also wanted it in the last passing market.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With a bit of wheeling and dealing I'd like to see this line-up:

1. Matt Ryan.
2. Reece James.
3. Bernardo.
4. Duffy.
5. Dunk.
6. Hayden.
7. Camarasa.
8. Jarrod Bowen.
9. Odsonne Edouard.
10. Andone.
11. March.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
So now we’re safe, Chris will probably keep his job. Not my choice as I don’t think we will progress under him and this season has been absolutely painful to watch but I can see why some will say he’s earnt that chance. Do we expect to see any changes to this side starting next season though? Will be interesting to see if there are but I doubt there will be and it will be another long season ahead:

Ryan

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

March
Stephens
Propper
Knockaert

Gross
Murray

Ryan
Montoya or ?
?
?
Bernardo
Jahanbksh
Stephens
?
March
Andone
?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed.

Bruno, Pröpper, Locadia move on.

We sign quality over quantity. Just 5 signings - 2 strikers, 2 central midfielders, 1 rightback.

That'll use the whole budget, anything else will have to wait.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I can't think of any good reason why a £30-40M player would come to us

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

A midfielder might but I agree we are going to struggle to sign a quality striker unless it’s a lone target man who likes playing without any support.

CH may of course change the way we play but given the way we have played for the last two seasons, it might be a hard sell. Good strikers have choices

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We won't be getting two new strikers. That's a certainty - we're more likely to get a new 60K seater stadium at Black Rock! So for next season we may have to work (better) with what we've got. Locadia hasn't been a success, and his social; media antics may well have failed the 'no dick-heads' rule - but he has scored a few goals; at least one of them was bloody good too.
Yes, I'd like a better option. But ....... we can't afford it, and we won't IMHO - we need to take care of midfield first.

Genuinely think he won’t be here. If the club want to stay in the Premier League, two must be bought in, one on loan perhaps. The failings of our striker recruitment means we are in a situation where we must now radically transform our attacking options. That means signing both goal scorers and goal creators. Currently we don’t have a consistent goal scorer. Locadia hasn’t worked, Andone might but it’s clear we can’t rely on Murray anymore, although he’ll play a part of course.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

More likely than the multi-million pound strikers that some people are rabbitting on about!

But OK, no good players will come here, so let's just stick with Gros and Murray up top and see how it goes, eh? We're going down anyway..................................

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ryan

Montoya / Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo /Bong

March/Ali J
Stephens/ NEW DM
Propper/ Bissouma
Knockaert/ Izzy

NEW AM /Gross
Andone/ Locadia/ Murray / NEW STRIKER and or promoted U23

Loan signing for winger

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
More likely than the multi-million pound strikers that some people are rabbitting on about!

But OK, no good players will come here, so let's just stick with Gros and Murray up top and see how it goes, eh? We're going down anyway..................................

Why the sarcasm? Did I say anything about multi million pound strikers? Not that we won't spend multiple millions on one anyway

It was a serious response to your point. Of course we need to get better players but £30-£40M? Not a prayer

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why the sarcasm? Did I say anything about multi million pound strikers? Not that we won't spend multiple millions on one anyway

It was a serious response to your point. Of course we need to get better players but £30-£40M? Not a prayer
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were going on about buying multi-million pound strikers.

But yes, I think we will have to be looking to get in a couple of £30-£40M players in this window to progress, or even to stand still - we do have a lot to attract them. Progressive well run club, lovely stadium, top class training facilities, a lovely area to live in, a manager who is widely respected in the footballing word - and scraping by on £40 or £50K a week (£2M plus a year) is hardly condemning your family to a life of poverty, is it. And although I'm pretty sure we won't burst open our wage structure, we may well increase our maximum wages a bit (need to deal with 'highest earner' clauses though).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here