Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Other Sport] Brighton Marathon - 10th Year !! šŸƒ*ā™‚ļø

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Good luck to everyone running on Sunday. The second edition was my first marathon, back in 2011. I absolutely loved it, especially seeing so many people out on the streets cheering us on. I've done a couple of marathons over here since but Brighton will always be my favourite.

I'm actually off to Boston this weekend to spectate the oldest annual marathon on Monday (I should be running it next year). It looks like the weather in Brighton is going to be an awful lot better than the potential rainstorm I will be in.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Good luck everyone who is running!!

This will be my 5th BM and probably my most well prepared since the first. Last year I had a real ordeal because of minimum preparation. The final 5 miles were pure hell and I finished in 4:26.

Hoping to go under 3:45 this time but we will see!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good luck everyone particularly those raising money for charity.

Take care and listen to your body.

From a retired (I think) 2x BM finisher

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm in! 14106 is me, I've got a red starting number so I've picked out a fetchingly red running shirt. I'm going to be running for 3:10, if I feel like an improvement on that is on then I'll go for it in the final run in but I don't want to crash at mile 23 again this year. I ended up running 3:32 last year because I ran out of puff and had to walk large sections of the finale. Not this year for me! :albion2:

500 miles in the tank for the year, which is more than I've done in preparation for a marathon before and it's my 9th marathon (5th around Brighton). Now is the time!

Last edited:

Gibby Haynes

Sep 11, 2017
Portslade
Am running my 4th Brighton Marathon, will be happy with 4hrs as have London in two weeks. One of my fellow running club members is doing his tenth in a row, massive achievement

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I ran the first three and volunteered for the last 2. This year Iā€™m part or the organising team and looking after the very first corner. Iā€™ll be out there from 5am!

Good luck to everyone in each of the events. I hope we get the barrier changes right for you all. If youā€™re in the bike race, please be careful on the corner at the south end of Preston Park. Iā€™m bricking it and Iā€™ll just be watching! The runners should be fine as they pass me.

Iā€™ll never run it again, but happy to make sure it runs smoothly for those who want to. Volunteering on such an event is very rewarding and Iā€™d recommend it to anyone who doesnā€™t fancy running it.

Letā€™s hope for another great event.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I ran the first three and volunteered for the last 2. This year Iā€™m part or the organising team and looking after the very first corner. Iā€™ll be out there from 5am!

Good luck to everyone in each of the events. I hope we get the barrier changes right for you all. If youā€™re in the bike race, please be careful on the corner at the south end of Preston Park. Iā€™m bricking it and Iā€™ll just be watching! The runners should be fine as they pass me.

Iā€™ll never run it again, but happy to make sure it runs smoothly for those who want to. Volunteering on such an event is very rewarding and Iā€™d recommend it to anyone who doesnā€™t fancy running it.

Letā€™s hope for another great event.

Always as amazed with the volunteers as the runners. Thank you very much for giving up your time. Ditto to [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] who will be marshalling on New Church Rd

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good Luck Everyone!

Got to admit to have been feeling slightly envious over the last couple of days, oh well maybe next year.

My advice, for what it's worth, is don't put any pressure on yourselves, instead go out and enjoy it - that way you'll run a better race too. Take time to look at the crowds, smile and look for your buddies and family. Take in Brighton and Hove without the traffic noise and from a different angle and my favourite bit - watch for the sun glinting off the sea on the way to and from Ovingdean and think how lucky are you to be doing this?

As [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] says, I'll be marshallling on New Church Road - just an excuse to get a good view really (ok and to give a bit back), I may have the flag waving, almost certainty will wear a blue and white bar scarf to keep warm so say hello as you go by!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
F9EF8ED5-D977-46B4-9142-D26CB811AF73.jpeg

Best to know what youā€™re wearing in advance. See you all there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here