Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have a feeling that most celebrities are either deeply insecure people who want to be adored (the saddest but the nicest kind), or are narcissists who use charm and faux empathy to maintain their status, or narcissists who absolutely don't give a shit about anything other than what they can grab, and just lash out for a few seconds at anyone who challenges them, then move on as if nothing happened.

As for strange celebrities, try these

George Galloway
Dale Winton
Bernard Manning
Jimmy Savile
Bob Monkhouse
Cliff Richard
Tiny Tim

Ten minutes alone with any of these would probably have you looking around, frantically, for the exit

Certainly would, seeing as most of them are dead :dunce:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Dementia is not clutching a bit. There are lots of signs. Trump is just a puppet for those pulling the strings but he is showing too much deterioration for them now.

He's openly touting for Russia.

[tweet]1163997673277526021[/tweet]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He needs to be sectioned. I don't understand why people aren't stepping in an sorting this out- he is a very ill man, and it will only get worse.

I don't really get this anymore. People watch it and him like it's all a bit of a comedy or freak show, that it'll all be over soon like a weird dream. But he's actually clearly suffering from a number of illnesses and mental health issues. For some reason we all just think 'that's Donald!', but imagine someone you knew behaving like him? He needs help!
(Not that i am sympathetic to him in any way, just struggling to understand how this is carrying on)

But what if there ISN'T anything wrong with him, medically speaking? What if this is just him being him?

Personally I think he'll get another term, purely because a lot of America (worryingly, IMO) agree with what he says and what he stands for. It'll be a repeat of this one presidency – i.e. make a load of promises he doesn't keep, claim he is the best this that and the other, but generally not get a lot done. He'll continue a love-in with Fox News – possibly angling for a job there after he's done – and continue to tweet more and more outrageous, baseless opinions and insult whoever is nasty to him.

What will be interesting in how he reacts in the lead up to the 2024 election. He doesn't give a feck about anyone apart from himself, so I can easily see him ripping into the republican party presidential hopefuls as well as the Dems. A fascinating (not in a good way) few years ahead with a very bizarre individual in charge...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

He is the KING of saying a lot without actually saying anything. Different from some politicians who 'pivot' onto a completely different subject, it's like he REALLY tries his best to give a straight answer. It's not an original description, but it's a bit like a schoolkid who's forgotten he had an assignment about a given subject (in this case 'The G7/G8 and Russia) and he has to speak about it for a minute. He tries to blag it but all that comes out is a load of repetitive guff :lol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Trump is on a destroy and exit plan. He is clearly not acting in the interests of his own country. It’s so weird to watch him allowed to get away with this stuff.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see he's cancelled a visit to Denmark with just 2 weeks notice because they don't want to discuss selling Greenland to him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Certainly would, seeing as most of them are dead :dunce:

I was thinking of adding the caveat 'were they alive' for the hard of thinking but thought, no, not even the most facetious of NSC's smart arses would bother with such thin quippery. :facepalm:

:lolol::thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What will be interesting in how he reacts in the lead up to the 2024 election.

If he wins in 2020, I can see him standing again in 2024. He's got away with so many things that were thought impossible, I can see him rewriting the constitution. We're not talking ancient history, the 22nd Amendment is not 70 years old, with a compliant congress, he could do it

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

I hate this man. But to be fair, Putin did outsmart Obama at least when it comes to Syria. He got his forces in just in time to stop a potential US/Nato invasion.

Not sure if its the reason they were expelled from G8 or not. But he did outmaneuver the US. So who knows?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trump is on a destroy and exit plan. He is clearly not acting in the interests of his own country. It’s so weird to watch him allowed to get away with this stuff.

The best hope is that the clown continues to alienate so many sections of the electorate that there's only the redneck vote left. Today he's been insulting the US Jewish community, accusing those who choose to vote Democrat as having 'dual loyalty'. Which is a pretty grave historical slur. Though he'll doubtless be back-pedalling with some insincere and patronising crap tweet before the day is out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lots of tropes are now accepted widely:

Tony Blair is a liar and warmonger
Obama does not have an American passport
Immigration is out of control
We are taking back control (via Brexit)
Donald Trump is making America great again

These tropes are of great comfort to many people :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I hate this man. But to be fair, Putin did outsmart Obama at least when it comes to Syria. He got his forces in just in time to stop a potential US/Nato invasion.

Not sure if its the reason they were expelled from G8 or not. But he did outmaneuver the US. So who knows?

The reason is within the tweet. Russia was expelled for invading the Crimea.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If he wins in 2020, I can see him standing again in 2024. He's got away with so many things that were thought impossible, I can see him rewriting the constitution. We're not talking ancient history, the 22nd Amendment is not 70 years old, with a compliant congress, he could do it

That would mean him actually DOING something. I can't imaging Trumpo reading or writing ANYTHING. I think he'll be bored by 2024 – well, even more bored than he is now...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The reason is within the tweet. Russia was expelled for invading the Crimea.

Yeah. I realise it was a year earlier. But weren't Russia supporting seperatists in Crimea? Like in Donbass etc. I cant remember!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
BBC:

In response, Mr Trump called her comments "nasty and inappropriate" and "a very not nice way of saying something".

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see he's cancelled a visit to Denmark with just 2 weeks notice because they don't want to discuss selling Greenland to him.

Trump.. " Yes, I was interested in buying Greenland, they said it had lots of minerals and it was a great place to live but sadly.... I saw the photographs.... NO GREEN !!!! just rocks and huts and ICE I don't need ICE ! I don't drink Vodka Tonics so the deal is OFF ….. remember this folks, GREEN-land ain't GREEN so I'm out ! …. Greenland = Fake News ! "

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lots of tripe is now accepted widely:

Tony Blair is a liar and warmonger
Obama does not have an American passport
Immigration is out of control
We are taking back control (via Brexit)
Donald Trump is making America great again

This tripe is of great comfort to many people :shrug:

Corrected for you HWT :thumbsup:

Paying the bills