Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Read on Brentford forum he had previously had a cruciate injury or something serious.

Hope all ok with the medical ( if its at that stage yet )

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Always worries me when so much money is paid for a player who has had one good season in the Championship. I hope they know what they are doing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Apart from [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] and [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]

Don't mention that PHEASANT Bradders alongside my great name.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Always worries me when so much money is paid for a player who has had one good season in the Championship. I hope they know what they are doing.

At least that is one more good season that our 'star' signings from last year had in the Premiership, so if Tony and the rest of the management team think he's worth the risk, and can step-up, I'll trust their judgement.

Unless we sign proven PL players - who we probably could not afford - then we have to rely on Championship or overseas players, the latter often from leagues which are not comparable to the Premier in standard.

So almost anyone we sign is going to be a risk in terms of making the step up.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

These are the guys who broke the bank for aj . Of course they know what they’re doing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Think it is time to let seagullwedgee be, he certainly is not hurting anyone and if his claims to ITK make him happy let him/her enjoy it. You always have the option to ‘ignore’ if you find it overly offensive to your sensibilities.

Perhaps you're right. When I start teetering into bullying posters with a low grade personality disorder (it can happen) I generally stop myself by putting the clowns on ignore. Beginning to teeter.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At least that is one more good season that our 'star' signings from last year had in the Premiership, so if Tony and the rest of the management team think he's worth the risk, and can step-up, I'll trust their judgement.

Unless we sign proven PL players - who we probably could not afford - then we have to rely on Championship or overseas players, the latter often from leagues which are not comparable to the Premier in standard.

So almost anyone we sign is going to be a risk in terms of making the step up.

There are those on here who moan when we sing forigners such as AJ and Knockaert, noting there must be better up and coming players in the English Championship to spaff on. There are those who sneer at Wet Sham for spaffing on 'proven' old PL lags. And there are those who are never satisfied. Personally I think they are all wrong.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Been thinking about punishments for fake ITK members, how about when found guilty by a panel of NSC experts, the guilty party must change their name to something more suitable? seagullwedgee shall hereby become PinocchioGull for the duration of his sentence.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Personally I hope this hits the rocks and stretches out for the next few days - there aren't nearly enough pages of uninformed speculation and baseless hope or condemnation. Where's the Waze tracking of his car, or flight manifests from Drayton to Shoreham? Frankly, the level of effort compared to Ali J is quite disappointing. We need to buck up our ideas otherwise this window is just going to be gently and sensibly shut rather than SLAMMED.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Apart from [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] and [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]

Pfft, [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] isn’t worth listening too , he still only has his ITK B LICENSE cause he’s failed the A LICENSE seventeen times!

Not to mention the debacle at last years ITK dinner & dance , where he got well SHEEBOED and claimed to have first hand knowledge that NEYMAR was SINGING for Whitehawk! :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There are those on here who moan when we sing forigners such as AJ and Knockaert, noting there must be better up and coming players in the English Championship to spaff on. There are those who sneer at Wet Sham for spaffing on 'proven' old PL lags. And there are those who are never satisfied. Personally I think they are all wrong.
Did anyone moan when we signed Knockhaert?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

On the other hand, in some ways l'd rather have that, than someone who has had no experience of English football at all.

As someone else said on here recently, l'd rather sign a player who has scored five goals in the Football League, than 20 in some lesser known foreign one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here