Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gus Poyet - The Coaches Voice

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Great find :thumbsup:

Gus Poyet did wonders for our club, playing a level of footy we all again yearn for.
He had a hissy fit, and no one is bigger than the club, so as he had put, 'the relationship ended'.
We've now got another GP, in the guise of Graham Potter, who will hopefully get us playing attractive footy again.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Gus Poyet did wonders for our club, playing a level of footy we all again yearn for.
He had a hissy fit, and no one is bigger than the club, so as he had put, 'the relationship ended'.
We've now got another GP, in the guise of Graham Potter, who will hopefully get us playing attractive footy again.
Attractive footy without the hissy fit :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Within 10 posts.

I'm gonna say #8.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
from reading that it was everybody else's fault and not his. to me it was summed up at the start that he did not get a premier league job.. I personally think he has been disrespectful to Tony Bloom, and how he brushed over the Palace play off second leg and him sulking.He then talks something about supporting players,,, what did Vicente say about him ? and also the fact there were rumours he used to take the P**s out of the strikers if they missed does not seem like supporting them to me.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nope. We were much better in the Championship under Chris, in every way. We're also a better team now than back when Gus was here.

Correct [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION], but I meant to say attacking football in the PL, without fear :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This again.

Gus was brilliant for this club and pulled it up by its bootstraps. His profile, his energy, his drive and passion helped us stay up, and then we stormed L1 in such flamboyant style, it was easily one of the best seasons of my lifetime. Gus delivered that.

The fact it ended in acrimony was sad. But love him or hate him, it does not alter the fact that he was one of the key factors in setting the ball rolling to take us from the arse-end of the 3rd division, to where we are today.

Urb

Jul 9, 2019
Horsham

Ancient History

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It's important to remember that virtually ALL managerial football jobs end in tears at some point. We have been lucky in having some good managers at different times but no one will last too long these days. It always seems odd that people keep posting updates on ex managers who we have parted with, who cares ? and what does it matter ? The threads running on old managers and their ups and downs are pointless, the club has moved on.

Potter is now our hero but he could be a zero by October if we get too many kickings, and then, he's gone and we move on .

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's important to remember that virtually ALL managerial football jobs end in tears at some point. We have been lucky in having some good managers at different times but no one will last too long these days. It always seems odd that people keep posting updates on ex managers who we have parted with, who cares ? and what does it matter ? The threads running on old managers and their ups and downs are pointless, the club has moved on.

Potter is now our hero but he could be a zero by October if we get too many kickings, and then, he's gone and we move on .

Harsh.......but true

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Some people must be interested otherwise they wouldn't open the thread and comment on it.

Just saying.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Interesting read. Loved that era but he dicked it up at the end. He's had a lot of clubs since, not a coincidence!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
from reading that it was everybody else's fault and not his. to me it was summed up at the start that he did not get a premier league job.. I personally think he has been disrespectful to Tony Bloom, and how he brushed over the Palace play off second leg and him sulking.He then talks something about supporting players,,, what did Vicente say about him ? and also the fact there were rumours he used to take the P**s out of the strikers if they missed does not seem like supporting them to me.

This.

The monkey faced narcissist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here