Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Gay Footballer

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Had no clue mate. I'm a Swansea fan but based in Sweden so I don't know much about the specifics or reputation of different UK cities.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Out of curiosity, why would they do that? Is Brighton known for its gay community or something?

They do it because they haven't quite grown up yet.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Always thought it was an elaborate wind up. It wouldn't happen this way.

Steven Davies, the Worcs and England cricketer simply came out in a paper interview. No fanfare. It was well known, and not an issue, before then. This account says it only came out to family recently. There is no way such an event would be so close to a public announcement.

The main reason players would come out is to steal someone else's thunder. It's a good move. But what we are seeing here is something else I'm sure. Someone is having a laugh about a serious issue and it'll make it harder for players in that situation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So why the wind up? So that people can say 'that's a good thing' and then the trolls can laugh and mock when nothing happens 'proving that there are no gay footballers and left wing melts are wetting themselves in the hope there may be just one'.

Gosh. How unpleasant.

Perhaps a gay footballer may now come out to disprove the wind up.

Maybe that's the intention.

A small number of people can be such snidey*****. I wish them death, and a slow and painful one. :yawn:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Depressing either way, that it was a hoax, or that the player felt that it was too damaging.

I dont think the press would have run this without being pretty sure it was genuine.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How can anyone think this wasn’t a hoax all along.
The papers are STILL taking it seriously to save face

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here