Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The M23 derby

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why not? The M23 seems a reasonable enough reference to me plus I like the counterpoint in it. At one end, the pleasure soaked wonderland that is Brighton and Hove, at the other, the piss stained concrete Hades that is Croydon.

The M23 doesn't go to either place. The A23, on the other hand, does.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why not? The M23 seems a reasonable enough reference to me plus I like the counterpoint in it. At one end, the pleasure soaked wonderland that is Brighton and Hove, at the other, the piss stained concrete Hades that is Croydon.

Thing is the M23 doesn't go to either, at one is Crawley, at the other it fizzles out around green fields at Hooley, some 10 miles shy of Croydon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It is interesting to me that Portsmouth and Southampton seem to have hardly played each other. I'll remember that next time supporters of either of those two clubs come on here to tell us how fierce their derby is. What is the difference between Southampton v Portsmouth and say, West Ham v Leyton Orient?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The locality doesn't make sense to most of our fans, but it does for those that grew up between the two clubs. There were both Brighton and Palace fans in the same schools, and two local clubs to choose from (sorry Crawley, you don't really exist).

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The locality doesn't make sense to most of our fans, but it does for those that grew up between the two clubs. There were both Brighton and Palace fans in the same schools, and two local clubs to choose from (sorry Crawley, you don't really exist).
Palace is a lot closer to other south London clubs than Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here