Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Oh oh jezzas gone and done it

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Excellent ! lets have another 10 years of austerity, stagnation and lower than inflation pay rises. After all, its all working so well at the moment isn't it ? supporting terrorist regimes such as the Saudi's and that Universal Credit is going so well. Yes, the alleged Anti-Semitism is so horrible but its ok to have a " Hostile Environment " to oppress other minorities regardless of race or creed. You just need to be careful about which minority gets targeted as some have better PR than others.
Maybe labour should be more moderate and stop standing up for the people, then they can be called wishy washy liberals that no one could vote for and so it goes on.

Look, I can’t be bothered anymore. I’ve given an opinion that you, obviously don’t agree with. I’m not going to change my opinion so please accept that we just beg to differ. If you think that a Marxist government will impove things, we’ll just have to wait an see.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Look, I can’t be bothered anymore. I’ve given an opinion that you, obviously don’t agree with. I’m not going to change my opinion so please accept that we just beg to differ. If you think that a Marxist government will impove things, we’ll just have to wait an see.

Sleep well, Great Britain won't suddenly become a Marxist/Leninist/Trotskyist dictatorship if Corbyn's Labour Party is elected, democracy will still exist you know ? so how have the last ten years been for you and your family ?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Sleep well, Great Britain won't suddenly become a Marxist/Leninist/Trotskyist dictatorship if Corbyn's Labour Party is elected, democracy will still exist you know ? so how have the last ten years been for you and your family ?

Corbyn’s / Momentums politics are well known. If the people of this country elect him, we’ll have no option other than to see how it goes. If he comes good, I’ll be the first to congratulate him. With regard to my personal experience of the last 10 years, since you asked, they have been ok. I growed a company from a £5m turnover to £20m, employing 200 people who I ensured were well paid and well looked after and who I consider my friends and they consider me theirs. I sold my shares four years ago and am now a freelance consultant. I have no privilege in my upbringing, I’ve worked for what I have. No university education, HNC at Brighton polytechnic and CIOB qualification thereafter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Corbyn’s / Momentums politics are well known. If the people of this country elect him, we’ll have no option other than to see how it goes. If he comes good, I’ll be the first to congratulate him. With regard to my personal experience of the last 10 years, since you asked, they have been ok. I growed a company from a £5m turnover to £20m, employing 200 people who I ensured were well paid and well looked after and who I consider my friends and they consider me theirs. I sold my shares four years ago and am now a freelance consultant. I have no privilege in my upbringing, I’ve worked for what I have. No university education, HNC at Brighton polytechnic and CIOB qualification thereafter.

Marvellous, you have worked hard and contributed to society by your endeavour and paying your taxes then. I think that most people work hard for what they have and will continue to do so too. I just worry about the injustice of those who can't start a company but work hard and have to rely on the goodwill of their employers when it comes to pay and conditions, those that do the overlooked, miserable jobs that no one notices on poor pay and in poor conditions who end up finding their pension is almost worthless. I could go on but obviously its pointless.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Marvellous, you have worked hard and contributed to society by your endeavour and paying your taxes then. I think that most people work hard for what they have and will continue to do so too. I just worry about the injustice of those who can't start a company but work hard and have to rely on the goodwill of their employers when it comes to pay and conditions, those that do the overlooked, miserable jobs that no one notices on poor pay and in poor conditions who end up finding their pension is almost worthless. I could go on but obviously its pointless.

As someone who disagrees with some of your political views, I agree with you totally about the people in low/moderate paid jobs (often with unpleasant employers). I’ve posted this before, but through my profession I see two types of employer:

1. [MENTION=756]The Antikythera Mechanism[/MENTION] type - paying well, treating people with respect. Or
2. Employers hellbent on squeezing every ounce out of their staff, lying about profitability to not award pay rises, squeezing out ‘trouble makers’ who stand up to bullying, not contributing to pension schemes.

Unions are not the universal answer, as (2) includes tiny businesses and professional firms, run by tossers. They also run rough-shod over employment law, by engineering situations to get their own way round the houses.

Also, uninteresting, mundane jobs will always be required. Even Corbyn can’t do anything about that, every economy has that, it’s life.

My solution is for a high living wage, including for 16 to 21 year olds, and a much higher personal tax allowance. With the living wage very strictly enforced ... so no crafty manipulating on lunch hours etc by bosses.

Pensions - a mandatory x percent by both employer and employee into a low cost scheme. None of the employee opting out short termism.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Oddly enough, much the same as most of Europe.

Are the Tories governing France, Italy, Spain etc etc etc....?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Excellent ! lets have another 10 years of austerity, stagnation and lower than inflation pay rises. After all, its all working so well at the moment isn't it ? supporting terrorist regimes such as the Saudi's and that Universal Credit is going so well. Yes, the alleged Anti-Semitism is so horrible but its ok to have a " Hostile Environment " to oppress other minorities regardless of race or creed. You just need to be careful about which minority gets targeted as some have better PR than others.
Maybe labour should be more moderate and stop standing up for the people, then they can be called wishy washy liberals that no one could vote for and so it goes on.

Or on the other hand let's bankrupt ourselves with the other lot. What a choice

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I thought that expression was used with regard to illegal immigration and if that is indeed the case, then your assertion about minorities being oppressed due to the apparent encouragement of a hostile environment is not quite true is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here