Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion predicted to go from £12 million profit to £13m loss last season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree that we're not worried about making the loss. I don't expect to see any noticeable belt tightening

I also don't expect to any noticeable expenditure either.

In theory, Tau, Argie-Jocko and a bus load of centre backs will be returning to the club, while next to nobody is due to leave.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think there is absolutely zero reasons to worry. Some years it is going to be like that. It is also hard to know the exact reasons. People are doing math on transfers in and out but forget that nowadays almost all transfers are paid over several years. I believe the people running Brighton know what they are doing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Errmmm....

This is like that bit in Mrs Doubtfire, and I'm one of the children finding my Dad half-dressed as an old woman.

I'm sorry to blow my own trumpet but this deserves at least double figures thumbs wise.

It's a ****ing great reference :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have no clue. I was merely trying to find out if the loss was due to something exceptional that we won't have to shell out for every year.

Strip out the reported/estimated figures are probably a bit high in terms of losses, the £2m comps for CH and £3-4m similar for Swansea for GP then closer to breakeven. If finish 15th instead of 17th then could wipe out the losses.

Many clubs do lose money in the PL though, including some whose fans throw stones.

5C722D39-23E5-4EB3-81D4-419B787B1E4E.jpeg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No, I can't explain that

Scholars?

While you're here, could you please explain why you and others put the quote after your reply when it's easier to do it the logical way round?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The caveat being that we stay in the PL

I don't think so - if we go down, we can easily move on the expensive players. We could comfortably have a fire sale in the summer, generate a couple of hundred million notes and not even have to spend all that much money because Walton, White, Clake, Mlakar, Molumby, Sanders and their friends will all come back to us with first team experience ready to start playing for us. Obviously, all the time we're in the Premier League we want to stay there because that's easier than getting promoted but it wouldn't be the end of days for this club to be relegated. We're too well run from top to bottom to be left exposed like Bolton were, for example.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think so - if we go down, we can easily move on the expensive players. We could comfortably have a fire sale in the summer, generate a couple of hundred million notes and not even have to spend all that much money because Walton, White, Clake, Mlakar, Molumby, Sanders and their friends will all come back to us with first team experience ready to start playing for us. Obviously, all the time we're in the Premier League we want to stay there because that's easier than getting promoted but it wouldn't be the end of days for this club to be relegated. We're too well run from top to bottom to be left exposed like Bolton were, for example.

All true but my comment was directed at the post that we won’t be doing any belt tightening. Selling off the first team squad would be pretty dramatic belt tightening (financially)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
All true but my comment was directed at the post that we won’t be doing any belt tightening. Selling off the first team squad would be pretty dramatic belt tightening (financially)

I agree, relegation would need dramatic belt tightening. We wouldn't be wanting to have £50k per week players floating around the squad and we'd need to generate plenty of revenue to replace the lost revenue. I just think we'd find it easier to balance the books than other clubs because we look very well prepared for whatever situation occurs.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not surprised with these figures, and maybe some of you now will realise how much is needed just to survive.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not surprised with these figures, and maybe some of you now will realise how much is needed just to survive.

Have a look at the figures for your 9 year old club with a League 2 ground before you come on here being all condescending.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
When I see this type of information, it makes me feel much better that we have loaned out JL and FA. In terms of the financial losses they are relatively modest compared with the assets/ profits we would make on player sales if we needed to. Always best to not sell an asset from a position of weakness (relegation), but we have plenty of players that would be attractive. Dunk, Duffy, Ryan, March.......i'll stop there but plenty of others too. Getting the balance right between investing in the club and ensuring we have saleable assets gives us flexibility if we were relegated. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I see this type of information, it makes me feel much better that we have loaned out JL and FA. In terms of the financial losses they are relatively modest compared with the assets/ profits we would make on player sales if we needed to. Always best to not sell an asset from a position of weakness (relegation), but we have plenty of players that would be attractive. Dunk, Duffy, Ryan, March.......i'll stop there but plenty of others too. Getting the balance right between investing in the club and ensuring we have saleable assets gives us flexibility if we were relegated. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

In short, TB isn’t following the unsustainable path of Everton and CP.

What exactly have they got out of it? Both light years away from CL football or any silverware. Their fans still whinge like any set during losing runs, after losses.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
In short, TB isn’t following the unsustainable path of Everton and CP.

What exactly have they got out of it? Both light years away from CL football or any silverware. Their fans still whinge like any set during losing runs, after losses.

I hope in years to come that there are still fans around who refer to our financial crisis in the 90s and think that the most important thing is for this football club to be financially sound. Completely agree with what you've said here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Strip out the reported/estimated figures are probably a bit high in terms of losses, the £2m comps for CH and £3-4m similar for Swansea for GP then closer to breakeven. If finish 15th instead of 17th then could wipe out the losses.

Many clubs do lose money in the PL though, including some whose fans throw stones.

View attachment 114952

I like this graph but could you please head it (losses/profit), it throws me every time the way round you have it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I like this graph but could you please head it (losses/profit), it throws me every time the way round you have it.

Point taken, would make sense to have profits at the top. Losses are in brackets, so, for example, Crystal Palace lost £39 million from day to day operations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here