Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes and the answer was the permit rules are involved and are even likely to be changing further very soon. It is complex and the club are looking at ways through, if or when the situation changes with the permits they will let the fans know, or words similar to this.

That, but Barber also added there's a longer term strategy............I took from that things are actually going to plan on that front (and that further changes referred to were basically Brexit)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
How so ? 'Tap card - done' is massively faster than....get money out (if a female, purse will likely still be in handbag at this point), select right notes (or worse, EXACT change - or 'oooh, hang on, I've got the 75p - after the server has entered £20 tendered), hand over notes/coin, wait for undertrained/hungover student minimum wage-slave to count cash, enter amount received into till, count out change, hand over change (slowly, as carefully making sure it's correct)............

Women will still spend ages trying to find their purse and then their card. I watch my missus do it all the time.

You’ve also failed to take into account the amount of times payments fail or get rejected. My office shares a campus with two universities I hear sorry your card has been declined when buying lunch pretty much every day.

When it works contactless is great and I agree is quicker. But it’s not always practical and I don’t believe overall it makes a huge difference time wise so why not keep both?

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
The guy who asked the question is not able to use the train as he is unable to walk up the slope to the stadium but can use the lift the other end of the stadium for the coaches.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Women will still spend ages trying to find their purse and then their card. I watch my missus do it all the time.

You’ve also failed to take into account the amount of times payments fail or get rejected. My office shares a campus with two universities I hear sorry your card has been declined when buying lunch pretty much every day.

When it works contactless is great and I agree is quicker. But it’s not always practical and I don’t believe overall it makes a huge difference time wise so why not keep both?

Donn't get me started on women at tills :rant::rant::rant:

Hopefully the stuff Barber was referring to from Amex includes much better terminals and card readers. Separate cash/contactless kiosks (rather than queues within the same kiosk maybe) would also work (and allow the club to measure relative speed of service, so useful in that context) but they need to be very clearly marked (unlike now, with people missing the 'card only' or 'cash only' signs and only finding out after they're ordered that they can't pay).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
With 8k on the waiting list and the next goal set, I noticed PB took the (nailed on) expanding stadium question a bit more seriously this time around.

I got the feeling he was intimating a few more seats might be possible than the "maybe a couple of hundred" responses of the past.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The guy who asked the question is not able to use the train as he is unable to walk up the slope to the stadium but can use the lift the other end of the stadium for the coaches.

Sounds like a matter which should have been handled personally then, via email or in person afterwards. Rather than asked in a forum with the club/individuals under scrutiny.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The majority of the questions were actually pretty good - just had the usual inane ones thrown in amongst the better stuff. TB never looks entirely comfortable facing an audience - clearly not his thing.

I agree; he doesn’t. All the more impressive that he does it despite not being entirely comfortable - he doesn’t have to; most Chairmen don’t.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The thing that struck me was that if he can get on a Seagulls Travel vehicle (mainly buses, but some coaches too) he can get on the normal buses or trains that still receive the subsidy. AFAIK all Seagulls Travel services use the main bus routes as they use the bus stops. If he is disabled, and needs a seat on a crowded bus, there's bound to be plenty of people who will give up their seats, standing so he doesn't have to.

For an evening match, getting to the Amex using a seagulls travel coach/bus from East Sussex is completely different from trying to use public transport. Is there a bus that runs from the Amex to, say, Eastbourne at 10pm on a Tuesday night?

Thankfully evening matches in the PL are few and far between.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
It’s the same characters that attend this event, did I imagine or was there a trans fan in attendance ladies night asking for more goals and forks?

You're completely wrong. The person who read the question out, was actually the father of a disabled fan. Hence the somewhat 'child' like nature to the question - and also why Paul was aware of who she is...

So no trans fan, just a dad asking a question for his disabled daughter so that everybody gets the chance :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is the video still available to watch anywhere?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thanks but I went there and that video is currently unavailable.

But reading through this thread I get the feeling that I'd be better off not watching it, but reading the decent questions and answers here instead.

It's a decent listen for a change. Best one to date

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks but I went there and that video is currently unavailable.

But reading through this thread I get the feeling that I'd be better off not watching it, but reading the decent questions and answers here instead.

How can you form your own opinion if you don't hear it first hand?

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
But it’s not always practical and I don’t believe overall it makes a huge difference time wise so why not keep both?

There are significant costs incurred from handling cash, e.g. storage, counting, transporting. This is probably the biggest driver towards going cashless, more so than any time savings at vending outlets.

Cash is also getting a bit more difficult to obtain, with free cash machines slowly disappearing, further driving contactless use upwards.

Like it or not, it will be when, not if, the stadium goes cashless.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How can you form your own opinion if you don't hear it first hand?
Opinion on what? Someone asked why ball boys/girls are behind the advertising, and it's because the adverts need to be seen. Ok. Someone wrote here that the club would like to become a top 10 club. Cool.

What am I missing?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Opinion on what? Someone asked why ball boys/girls are behind the advertising, and it's because the adverts need to be seen. Ok. Someone wrote here that the club would like to become a top 10 club. Cool.

What am I missing?

You need to see if any pie questions were asked silly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

What am I missing?

It's entirely up to you. I thought you liked to be pedantic and have attention to detail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here