Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Radio Two really is rubbish

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Don’t often listen to the radio for music as it’s so full of self important presenters, but make an exception for Johnny Walker. Podcast on a long journey is very enjoyable. Wife likes Tony Blackburn which is not quite as fun. Spotify for me in the car or records at home.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Zoe Ball is so bad, I actually feel a bit uncomfortable on her behalf.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't tend to listen to music based stations anymore, prefer news, current affairs and ( if you can find it) interesting debate.

The Evans/ Ball hype is meaningless to me, would never listen to Radio 2 and don't even know the station Evans is on.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Cant stand the tedious chat of radio presenter's! I've started listening to GAYDIO , pumping house / funk music virtually all day!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I will listen to the Bob Harris Country show on a Thursday evening, but thats it these days. I always have Planet Rock or BFBS Forces Radio on in the car - while the wife relives her childhood with either Absolute or Heart '80s while shes driving.
Used to listen to Radio 2 all the time but really not that fussed by it now tbh.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
780,000 listeners lost.
BBC not fussed. Just the usual audience churn with change of schedules.
They destroy R2 and just womble on their merry way.
As Wogan once said of the BBC 'If it ain't broke, break it!'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm amazed as Zoe Ball is much better than the awful Chris Evans, could understand the Drivetime show dipping but Evans to Ball is an upgrade

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The producers of Zoe Ball need shooting. The last time I listened, there was a section at about 7.40 where kids played the recorder or some shite and everyone claps like they've mastered Beethoven as opposed to ballsing up the easiest tune in 'my first music book'

If I don't ever want to listen to my kids play a musical instrument, I certainly don't want to listen to some, snivelling, snot nosed, shit bag from Leighton Buzzard playing the violin over my morning cuppa. Get in the bin.

Zoe Ball is cack - am I alone in actually quite liking Chris Evans?

It is only out of deference to Mrs. P that we have have R2 on the radio alarm as I don't think she would appreciate being woken up by an obscure Doors album track or Iron Maiden at 06:29!

Do like Planet Rock, presenters have an enthusiasm and knowledge for the music they play and Darren Reddick is Rick radios equivalent to Terry Wogan. Also enjoy Radio Caroline.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I will listen to the Bob Harris Country show on a Thursday evening, but thats it these days. I always have Planet Rock or BFBS Forces Radio on in the car - while the wife relives her childhood with either Absolute or Heart '80s while shes driving.
Used to listen to Radio 2 all the time but really not that fussed by it now tbh.

Exactly this.... except I tune in for 20 mins a day to listen to Popmaster!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I do not accept rap is music, its an insult to true music artists

I have tried 6 Music quite a few times recently. It's better than Radio Two by far, but they play rap "music" far too often for my liking which forces me to turn the sound right down, and there's a woman on in the morning with a "DJ parody" voice who I really find irritating.

And I listen to a fair amount of Radio Four where there are some gems like "More or Less".

One of the most amazing things I’ve realised recently is that now it’s not okay to say you don’t like black people, a lot of racist just completely write of the entirety of rap as “not music” just as a coded way of saying they don’t like black people. Completely fact about 99% of the time.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
One of the most amazing things I’ve realised recently is that now it’s not okay to say you don’t like black people, a lot of racist just completely write of the entirety of rap as “not music” just as a coded way of saying they don’t like black people. Completely fact about 99% of the time.

I’m not a fan of Bhangra, does that mean I hate Indians? I love Northern Soul, don’t care for Country & Western and don’t particularly like Rap (and I can’t stand jungle). I love two-tone, though. Confused? Am I a racist or not?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I’m not a fan of Bhangra, does that mean I hate Indians? I love Northern Soul, don’t care for Country & Western and don’t particularly like Rap (and I can’t stand jungle). I love two-tone, though. Confused? Am I a racist or not?

I wouldn’t say you’re racist, I would however say you struggle with basic reading comprehension.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Nice fact. You must be Swiss Toni with your depth of knowledge, I’m impressed.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mtoyLPROLZI

boik

Blimey - that's a hell of a stretch! I'm not keen on rap and yet I love funk and soul. Can't decide if I'm racist or not now. Maybe they should announce on the radio "the following music is performed by black people".?

99% fact you say? Can't argue with facts.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Blimey - that's a hell of a stretch! I'm not keen on rap and yet I love funk and soul. Can't decide if I'm racist or not now. Maybe they should announce on the radio "the following music is performed by black people".?

99% fact you say? Can't argue with facts.

I never said if you don’t like rap you’re probably racist.

If you however turn around and say it’s not even music and that the entire genre is rubbish despite hearing about 4 rap songs 15 years ago then I think that yeah, it’s fair to say your problem probably isn’t actually with the music.

:shrug:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
My boss insists its the music on the radio in the office. Feel my pain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here