Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What will Graham Potter be doing during this period?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Why would he be renting?

Ask him or the tax man. Maybe wants to move straight in fully furnished? May even be due to current dropping house prices? Give himself time to look around for buying? A shag pad for Duffy and the boys to use?
Maybe looking at all alternatives so that if he does not find a house to buy he has a plan B?

May even be that buying a house Takes a few months longer than buying a pint of milk or a newspaper......

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Spending time with his family before starting the hard work he has got ahead of him to keep us in the premier League

CH would have kept us in the Premier League (if fully supported by the recruitment team).

I’m hoping Potter’s objective is a lot more than just survival. Do you?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
CH would have kept us in the Premier League (if fully supported by the recruitment team).

I’m hoping Potter’s objective is a lot more than just survival. Do you?

Can't agree with first sentence... it wasn't looking good for survival under CH, and blaming recruitment is the easy option without knowing... (a) CH had final decision on new players; (b) I suspect he didn't use too many of them in their best positions / with tactics that suited their skills; and; (c) he was a tad unlucky with injuries last season...

Potter will have same goals as CH had... one of them will be survival, but Tony certainly wants more than that, which is why Potter is at the helm, and not Chris...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I so hope that club creep Naylor is wrong with his assessment of our summer needs in today’s Argus. Did he really watch the way we were outclassed by virtually every other team?:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17696906.nailed-it-goals-key-for-albion-under-potter-and-his-recruiter/

Apparently our defence and midfield is fine, all we need is a striker.

Utter tosh. Our remaining RB can’t defend (McNeil, Redmond, etc etc destroyed Montoya) and our entire midfield lacked creativity and pace last season. Only Solly March came out of the season with credit in midfield.

Away from Naylor’s naive guesswork, I trust TB to bring in some quality recruits where we have glaring first team deficiencies.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Did anyone else read this as...

What will Graham Potter be doing during his period?

Being a bossy grumpy ****er most likely.:whistle:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I so hope that club creep Naylor is wrong with his assessment of our summer needs in today’s Argus. Did he really watch the way we were outclassed by virtually every other team?:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17696906.nailed-it-goals-key-for-albion-under-potter-and-his-recruiter/

Utter tosh. Our remaining RB can’t defend (McNeil, Redmond, etc etc destroyed Montoya) and our entire midfield lacked creativity and pace last season. Only Solly March came out of the season with credit in midfield.

Away from Naylor’s naive guesswork, I trust TB to bring in some quality recruits where we have glaring first team deficiencies.

Naylor too busy posting details of Stoke City signings based on today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Not sure he says or "guesses" anywhere in that article what signings we will make, or how many. and agrees with you about the "deficiencies" or rather says the "jurys out on half a dozen of the signings since promotion. (Including Montoya).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I thought from some of the sages on here, Bissouma, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Propper will all be transformed by GP. The same will be said of Montoya, and what with all the U23s he'll be bringing through, surely Naylor's got it nailed!?*

*do you see what I did there...

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I thought from some of the sages on here, Bissouma, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Propper will all be transformed by GP. The same will be said of Montoya, and what with all the U23s he'll be bringing through, surely Naylor's got it nailed!?*

*do you see what I did there...

I’ll back all those players to have a better second season with one under their belt, and Propper to show more under GP.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I hear he's a salamander breeder, and when he moves club he buys 50 new eggs and a frozen pipette of jizzard, as he calls it. He watches the little newborns emerge, gives each one a tiny warm kiss, and flicks them into the pond filled with a thousand others. Only 85, on average, live more than a week in this rippling cannibalistic melee, the rest devoured by their stronger siblings. He watches these creatures for minutes on end, betting internally on who will end up on top, nibbling on its wee brother's detachable and tasty tails. He's rarely wrong, Potter, and has a few of the mightier victors stuffed on a mantlepiece he calls the Home of Heroes. I would think at this stage he is finding the right abode to house these little starving murderous wrigglers, and having said mantlepiece and stuffees transported safely.

But Salamaders are vegetarian. Are you sure about this ?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I sit and wait
Does an angel contemplate my fate
And do they know
The places where we go
When we're grey and old
'Cause I have been told
That salvation lets their wings unfold
So when I'm lying in my bed
Thoughts running through my head
And I feel the love is dead
I'm loving Graham Potter instead

And through it all he offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I'm right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won't break me
When I come to call, he won't forsake me

When I'm feeling weak
And my pain walks down a one way street
I look above
And I know I'll always be blessed with love
And as the feeling grows
He breathes flesh to my bones
And when love is dead

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I hear he's a salamander breeder, and when he moves club he buys 50 new eggs and a frozen pipette of jizzard, as he calls it. He watches the little newborns emerge, gives each one a tiny warm kiss, and flicks them into the pond filled with a thousand others. Only 85, on average, live more than a week in this rippling cannibalistic melee, the rest devoured by their stronger siblings. He watches these creatures for minutes on end, betting internally on who will end up on top, nibbling on its wee brother's detachable and tasty tails. He's rarely wrong, Potter, and has a few of the mightier victors stuffed on a mantlepiece he calls the Home of Heroes. I would think at this stage he is finding the right abode to house these little starving murderous wrigglers, and having said mantlepiece and stuffees transported safely.

Fascinating insight into the world of professional football. This must be one of those things they learn in Belfast to get their badges.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
But Salamaders are vegetarian. Are you sure about this ?

All vegetarian creatures, man or beast, have an utterance that will turn them carnivorous in an unapologetic flash. I, for instance, will gobble a bucket of gosling wings if i hear bobbidavro said at a certain volume. For salamanders, for the most part, it's boflasp, and into any nearby flesh they'll look to bore.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Fascinating insight into the world of professional football. This must be one of those things they learn in Belfast to get their badges.

Tis true. It is all about having a challenging hobby that a manager can either use as a performance and character comparison with their current squad, or as a way of letting off steam instead of hairdryering it at players week in week out. I know that Steve McClaren has a collection of smoke-producing umbrellas which he uses when looking to disappear from the sight of a renowned nemesis, whilst Harry Redknapp's dog has shares in a cryogenic laboratory that freezes vermin and puff adders for potential future use at a cutprice rate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here