Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

[tweet]1103349593021050889[/tweet]
[tweet]1103232412035809286[/tweet]
[tweet]1103299240636370945[/tweet]

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Feel free to tell me then ?

I suddenly have a great deal of sympathy for [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION]

How can you debate with somebody so obtuse.

I can't 'tell you' what 17m people each individually voted for, can I? That is surely plainly obviously to even the biggest simpleton. You were the one claiming to know, not me.

But, just to humour the question:

SOME voted on grounds of removing ourselves from European political influence, mixed with vague ideas of sovereignty, etc. (Not that they actually understood the genuine levels of 'influence' at play.)

SOME voted to end free movement, because they believed that the British worker was at threat from Polish plumbers, etc.

SOME voted to end free movement because they didn't like 'darkies'. We all know that is a nonsense line of thinking, but it happened.

SOME voted out of fear, to keep out the millions of Syrian rapists Farage and the Mail told them about, or a flood of scary Turks who were about be granted free movement.

SOME voted because they gullibly believed the words of a few toffs in suits, who misled them that they /society would benefit financially.

SOME voted because the nasty Spanish are stealing a load of OUR fish.

And an absolute SHITLOAD voted for 'something different' with no understanding of the actual issues, and no care of the consequence.

I hope that helps, a little.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It's a shame. This would be brilliant news if we weren't losing so much through Brexit. While it's good news in it's own right, in context it means so very little.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It's a shame. This would be such brilliant news if we weren't losing so much through Brexit. While it's good news in it's own right, in context it means so very little.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems Morris Machinery will see its 30 strong workforce increased.....

And they are moving opposite Jaguar Land Rover, who do could their biggest client be?

Not poo, poo'ing this but yesterday we were talking about 35,000 direct / indirect jobs going if BMW Cowley goes in the face of a disaster Tory Brexit.

We really need to look at the big picture here.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I suddenly have a great deal of sympathy for [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION]

How can you debate with somebody so obtuse.

I can't 'tell you' what 17m people each individually voted for, can I? That is surely plainly obviously to even the biggest simpleton. You were the one claiming to know, not me.

But, just to humour the question:

SOME voted on grounds of removing ourselves from European political influence, mixed with vague ideas of sovereignty, etc. (Not that they actually understood the genuine levels of 'influence' at play.)

SOME voted to end free movement, because they believed that the British worker was at threat from Polish plumbers, etc.

SOME voted to end free movement because they didn't like 'darkies'. We all know that is a nonsense line of thinking, but it happened.

SOME voted out of fear, to keep out the millions of Syrian rapists Farage and the Mail told them about, or a flood of scary Turks who were about be granted free movement.

SOME voted because they gullibly believed the words of a few toffs in suits, who misled them that they /society would benefit financially.

SOME voted because the nasty Spanish are stealing a load of OUR fish.

And an absolute SHITLOAD voted for 'something different' with no understanding of the actual issues, and no care of the consequence.

I hope that helps, a little.

Oh indeed it helps. It helps me to understand you have no idea what you're talking about and have a HUGE anti-Brexit chip on your shoulder.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Rubbish .... you voted for the status quo .... you had no idea what the future plans of the EU were when you voted.

Future plans that we would have had a say in, with a power of veto for those we didn't like.
The good like workers rights, maternity leave, cleaned up beaches etc were all from the EU.
We didn't like kilometres or litres of beer, or driving on the right, or the euro, so we didn't do it, despite all those big bad nasties in Brussels and Strasbourg 'lording it over us'.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Oh indeed it helps. It helps me to understand you have no idea what you're talking about and have a HUGE anti-Brexit chip on your shoulder.

Modus Operandi - don't post facts just snipe at others.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

He has it spot on. Unfortunately. It's a shame Leavers can't be a bit more honest. With themselves and others.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I thought that MPs were supposed to represent their electorate?

They are, but they are also voted in to make decisions on your behalf even if you disagree. The country (thankfully) isn't run via constant referendum.

If you don't like it - you vote them out at the next election.

Unfortunately many think the referendum was the final of X-Factor. I'm not convinced for the arguments for a second one, but I'm genuinely not sure what people are afraid of.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Future plans that we would have had a say in, with a power of veto for those we didn't like.
The good like workers rights, maternity leave, cleaned up beaches etc were all from the EU.
We didn't like kilometres or litres of beer, or driving on the right, or the euro, so we didn't do it, despite all those big bad nasties in Brussels and Strasbourg 'lording it over us'.

Exactly.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Slightly at a tangent here - but I noticed that one of the biggest advocates for a second referendum is Yvette Cooper.

Her Parliamentary constituency,(Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford area) voted by a 69.3% - 30.7% majority to Leave the EU. That's a massive majority.

Chris Failing Grayling (didn't know until today he was born on April 1st) is a Brexiter, yet his constituency of Epsom and Ewell voted 52.1% to remain, and 47.9% Leave.

I thought that MPs were supposed to represent their electorate?

No, they don't. Maria Caulfield is Lewes Tory, a member of the ERG, and one of the first to put her letter in to the 1922 committee to try and out May, but Lewes constituency voted 52% Remain.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No, they don't. Maria Caulfield is Lewes Tory, a member of the ERG, and one of the first to put her letter in to the 1922 committee to try and out May, but Lewes constituency voted 52% Remain.

The biggest problem with the EU was they let rich fat cats like Farage do nothing and collect a salary and a pension.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The level of anger from Leavers is off the scale lately.

Going by the time and date in the thread title, which is obviously the law as pointed out by them on many occasions, I think it's because we're now into the final month of the first phase of this disaster. Something like the thread title having to be changed due to an A50 extension and [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] being proved right on no deal not happening could cause real, genuine distress to people on the Internet who haven't met him, because he'd be right and they wouldn't. (Think ignore list gate angst x1000 and you'd not even be close as to how much)

On the flip side, no matter how bad no deal is if it were to happen, the unbridled joy of them being right and Brexit finally happening and him and others, such as myself who on balance think it unlikely, being wrong will be overwhelmingly joyous.

It's just all getting a bit real and a bit tetchy now in the internet point scoring stakes for some and tempers are getting frayed and emotions are boiling over.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here