Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] In the Royal Sussex County hospital

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Its so nice having the peace and quiet at home. Really looking forward to the match tonight.

Everyone has been so kind. I know I wallow in self-pity at times but anyone that has a medical problem,
share your worries and concerns!

I feel so tired now but if I have another nap I won't sleep tonight.

I'll update everyone when I get my results - maybe tomorrow, possibly Friday.

That's all for now. Once again, thank you so much to the beautiful people on here that have lifted my mood and contributed to this thread.

Now it's time for the West Brom v Brighton build-up! Bring it on! :clap2:

Hopefully you’ve got a tv in your ward. Get well soon.

Oops!! Just read back a few post. Glad you’re out. Enjoy the footy.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good news! Hope your comfy at home and settled in for tonight. Get well soon old bean!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its so nice having the peace and quiet at home. Really looking forward to the match tonight.

Everyone has been so kind. I know I wallow in self-pity at times but anyone that has a medical problem,

That's all for now. Once again, thank you so much to the beautiful people on here that have lifted my mood and contributed to this thread.

Having the Albion live on TV tonight is a great distraction, enjoy! (Well in as much as it is possible to enjoy Albion’s away performances!)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Very late to the party, but glad to hear you are back home and feeling a bit better about things!

As you've said, and I've personally experienced - NSC is incredible when it comes to looking out for each other. No-one will ignore you if you need them.

Hope it's good news when you get confirmation on the problem, and enjoy being warm on the sofa for the footie! :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm another one late to the party, but I am so glad that this has resolved happily for you [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION]. Let's hope the Albion win for you tonight!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Great news. I am so pleased that things are looking up.

The NHS are fantastic. I am on a train back from Cambridge visiting my dear old mum who fell and broke her hip on Monday. Everyone in the hospital is just wonderful, cheerful and energetic. Considering the workload and budgetary restraints I don’t know how they do it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Glad you're feeling better. And pleased to hear that you were happy with the staff at the RSCH. They work incredibly hard to prop up the creaking system - so I know it's appreciated and good for morale when they rightly get some praise.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice one [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Whole experience must have been absolutely terrifying for you. Same as it would have been for any one of us.

Take it easy mate and enjoy the game :thumbsup:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Glad to hear that you're home mate - good job it wasn't a heart problem otherwise that match might have done for you !!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
[MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION] I am so sorry, I have only just seen this thread as I've had problems with NSC and gave up for a couple of days.

So pleased you are back home and please keep us updated, take the meds, rest, drink plenty of water and make sure you eat properly plus stay positive
xxx:thumbsup::thumbsup:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
At around 9am this morning I was discharged from the RSCH.

In all my confusion the unidentified lump was on my lung and not my chest. As a smoker since 16 all sorts of dreadful thoughts were running through my head. I've received positive news that there's around a 95% chance it's a chest infection and have been prescribed antibiotics. I've been told to take the rest of the week off work and see my GP tomorrow. The staff at the hospital were incredibly kind and reassuring.

When I got home I managed three hours sleep. I'm just overwhelmed by the kindness shown on here and how caring NSC can be. It might take me a couple of days to respond to the incredible PM's of support on here. Even the kindest words have comforted me throughout this ordeal. Many thanks to Hailsham Seagull for his sincere apology for last Saturday - I'll get round to sending you a message mate.

This forum just simply has to be the best out of all other clubs. I wish I could thank you all personally. I'll get round to it. Once again, sorry for the strong wording in my last paragraph when I started the thread. I felt a panic attack coming on. A lot of other posters on here have worse health problems and keep them hidden.

I'll keep you updated when the official cause of coughing up blood has been found.

I love you all. I can't find the right words to say thanks for keeping up my spirits - when I could get a mobile connection!

It all feels so surreal - the longest night of my life. I'm just glad I'm resting at home.

Thank you. :cry: :thumbsup:

This has really cheered me up. I love a happy ending :p

Really great news mate. I would have reacted the same way by posting on here. The support of NSC is the best.

el punal

Glad that you’re home, and hopefully on the mend. By the way, the only reason the medics let you leave hospital is because they found out you’re an Albion fan and didn’t want you disturbing the other patients. What damage you would create by doing the Bissouma chant heaven only knows! :D

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I hope you are on the road to recovery very soon Durlston. Stay strong

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here