Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] How do you feel tonight Boro

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ooh you sour puss...

Seriously i was under the impression relegated clubs from the Premier league were exempt the first year. Is this an old rule ? Or has it never been like that ?

I may be mistaken, but I believe FFP now looks at a three-year rolling period, with the thresholds determined by the league in which the club participated during the three-year period (ie there will be different thresholds for a club that spend all 3 years in the Championship and a club that spent, say, 2 years in the Premier League and 1 in the Championship).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ooh you sour puss...

Seriously i was under the impression relegated clubs from the Premier league were exempt the first year. Is this an old rule ? Or has it never been like that ?

Rules changed. Still based on a three year total but allowed £35m loss for each season in PL and £13m for Championship. So a club that’s just come down from PL allowed £83m FFP loss over 3 yrs.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Rules changed. Still based on a three year total but allowed £35m loss for each season in PL and £13m for Championship. So a club that’s just come down from PL allowed £83m FFP loss over 3 yrs.
So basically, we're sorted.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So basically, we're sorted.

Should be, expecting the loss of £39 from 2016/17 to be replaced by a £0-5million profit this year, might be a bit higher as finished further up the table than initially budgetted for.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The one good thing about Boro lasses is the hot & cold bj.

Sip of hot tea alternating with an ice cube. Both of my gfs knew the same trick.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Same is true of Merseyside girls.

As a "Merseyside boy" I was not introduced to that pleasure by a scouse...I had to wait till I moved into a house share in hove with two Boro nurses to have my awakening.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They were bloody lucky that George Friend wasn't red carded for his lunge on the keeper in the first half. What a truly dreadful footballer he is.

I can't hear his name without thinking of

B5809xCIUAEge6C.jpg

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
There was a healthy sense of optimism amoung the Boro fans going into the playoffs. You should see the reaction when I put on my BHA kit shirt for the trip home. I get a real smirk on my face now. Sweet, sweet revenge.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's been a rather good season for karma. Wednesday, Boro, Derby, oh and knocking Palace out of the cup.

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
It was hardly 'friendly' on the way to the ground mate? Do you not remember the coach load of neandarthals that came charging across the car park at us outside the stadium? Mind you, was very amusing when they stopped dead in their tracks when I stood my ground......
The walk back to the NCP from the riverside past pub after pub full of pissed up subbies running out screaming about them going up at our expense was probably one of the worst I’ve experienced. Graceless bellends.

There were one or two who were friendly, certainly on the walk there we were chatting to some really lovely locals, but afterwards...oh my god.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here