Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Sala [signed by Cardiff, confirmed to have been on missing aircraft]

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Both pay half is the simple way to resolve it. Throw in some monies for his family and job done.

By the looks of things, the transfer was murky to begin with and was a money making opportunity for the agent(s), but I could be wrong.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Tough lessons all round for the management of transfers in the current era. It also shows up the fact that if agents are going to take responsibility for their clients then they need to take it seriously. No more easy money for old rope.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I bet it’s the insurance companies and lawyers who are fighting the hardest to determine who is liable and who is due compensation

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A brutal exposure of the grubby moneygrabbing filth that goes on in football. McKay is an absolute wrongun, and Cardiff looking to weasel their way out of this deal through the smallprint, having openly paraded him as their player, is frankly revolting.

But then in football, anything goes. Its ALL about the money.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A brutal exposure of the grubby moneygrabbing filth that goes on in football. McKay is an absolute wrongun, and Cardiff looking to weasel their way out of this deal through the smallprint, having openly paraded him as their player, is frankly revolting.

Can you imagine what his family are going through with everyone blaming everyone else and refusing to cough up ? Appalling and disgraceful.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Cardiff FC seem to have moved from phase 1, he's one of us, do it for Sala; into phase 2, he's not one of us and technically never was!

Doesn't it just give you the warm fuzzy's!

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011

For once we agree. Football in the 21st century often leaves a bad taste in the mouth.Now where is my semi final ticket?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Shouldn't it be cut and dry though? From the moment he became Cardiff's player, they should be responsible for him.

just to note he became registered to play with them, not become thier property, child or something.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Apparently the Cardiff owner, Vincent Tan, is angry because he believes Salas agent made Cardiff pay an inflated transfer fee by falsely alleging other clubs were interested in signing Sala.

Surely an astute business man like Tan would only pay what he and his advisors thought the player was worth.

Exactly. If he is going to take that attitude then he should be reviewing every transfer they've been involved in as every agent is likely to do what they can to inflate the deal as they get a percentage of it. He may well find that he has paid inflated prices for nearly everyone but he runs the risk of alienating all the agents who might not push players his way. There may well be a better way of doing transfers without agents getting involved but at the moment, that's the system!

Sounds like Tan should review all Cardiff's transfers in depth, just in case. Perhaps signing Jack and Paul McKay to Cardiff, sons of agent dad Willie, would be a good place to start. Not saying there's anything wrong with that. Presumably Jack and Paul benefitted from signing on fees and a pay rise and rightly so, joining Premier League Cardiff. Their agent dad Willie must have been very proud of them. Perhaps, as their alleged agent, he benefitted too from their moves and rightly so. Both have gone out on loan now as maybe not quite ready for the Premier League just yet. It might look to outsiders as a legitimate way to put money the way of the McKay family in exchange for services rendered during transfer negotiations when flights and stuff need to be arranged to oil the wheels of a move. Obviously, that would be ridiculous for a big club like Cardiff, but maybe it would be worth Tan taking a closer look, just in case he is being ripped off without his knowlege? There is all sorts of paper talk about murky dealings around transfers, so I'm sure McKay and his family would welcome a closer investigation in to his dealings to prove everything is above board.

Last edited:

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Sounds like Tan should review all Cardiff's transfers in depth, just in case. Perhaps signing Jack and Paul McKay to Cardiff, sons of agent dad Willie, would be a good place to start. Not saying there's anything wrong with that. Presumably Jack and Paul benefitted from signing on fees and a pay rise and rightly so, joining Premier League Cardiff. Their agent dad Willie must have been very proud of them. Perhaps, as their alleged agent, he benefitted too from their moves and rightly so. Both have gone out on loan now as maybe not quite ready for the Premier League just yet. It might look to outsiders as a legitimate way to put money the way of the McKay family in exchange for services rendered during transfer negotiations when flights and stuff need to be arranged to oil the wheels of a move. Obviously, that would be ridiculous for a big club like Cardiff, but maybe it would be worth Tan taking a closer look, just in case he is being ripped off without his knowlege? There is all sorts of paper talk about murky dealings around transfers, so I'm sure McKay and his family would welcome a closer investigation in to his dealings to prove everything is above board.
McKay managed to sound dodgy as hell in his last round of 'it wasnt me guv' interviews. FIFA deregulated the agents, so maybe they should take some of the responsibility and aggressively regulate the agents to prevent all the shady dealings and abuse of players.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully the premier league keep hold of some of next seasons parachute payments on behalf of Nantes...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stay classy Cardiff. Pay up.

I may be giving him too much credit with regards to such a large sum of money, but gut feeling with this story is:-

'Do what Mr Bloom would do'.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Disgusting behaviour. They can't jump on the tragedy train then claim to not be contractually bound to the player.

Scummy behaviour. They should be ashamed of themselves, the money grabbing tosspots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here