Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
referenda should be used to gain an understanding of public opinion not to determine policy.

That can't ever happen.

If parliament has voted to give the people a vote, they should act upon it. That is the will of the people. If it was only to gauge opinion, it would have such a poor turn out as to render it useless. A mass opinion poll, no thanks.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
So if remain won you would respect the calling for a re-run by the leavers?

I voted remain but do respect the majority who bothered to vote did so to leave the EU

Yes, I honestly would. Especially given the nigh on 3 years people have had to reconsider.
And I would have the courage of my convictions that I would 'win' again. At least, I would hope so, but wouldn't run away from the likelihood I would lose.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Are you deliberately obtuse or just on a wind-up? My point (and quite clear it was) is that why would we give up what we already have, yet want to rejoin with far less than we already have?

I don't know you at all, but I do worry about you.
He is on a wind up. Best to stay clear. I usually do. Most people do.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I ask myself why Johnson, Farage, Rees-Mogg et al are so keen to leave. Has it anything to do with impending Tax rules coming in within the EU for more transparency and exposing tax havens like the Cayman Islands?
Surely just a coincidence.

Johnson was in the belief of becoming leader.
Rees-Mogg was for power and oh....of becoming leader
Farage was because his an idiot.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Peoples' vote march today in London town

AIF - but I can't see another thread.

Were any other NSCers on the march today?

I fear it won't make a world of difference but it was a humungous turnout and I well believe the 1m figure.

Good people.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was there to observe. I say that sincerely because I've been up there for all sorts, countryside alliance, anti capitalist etc..

Today was the biggest congregation of "ordinary" people I've experienced. In fact I could have been at a leave march.

The country is split down the middle in a way that transcends class and political allegiance.

So much so that people have had to invent a new way to describe each each other.. leavers and remainers.

Cameron you utter utter ****wit.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, I honestly would. Especially given the nigh on 3 years people have had to reconsider.
And I would have the courage of my convictions that I would 'win' again. At least, I would hope so, but wouldn't run away from the likelihood I would lose.

I find that interesting, firstly I think you'd be in a very little minority of people and secondly, I'd would have been working damned hard to change the EU to something that's more in line with the majority. The EU is currently a busted flush. It needs changing the real answer is do you do it from the inside or watch it evolve from the sidelines?

The majority of people, I believe, want to see tangible benefits of being in the EU and have been exasperated by the way it has been operating for years. The frenzy whipped up about immigration and alike detracted from the real issues.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Definitely the figures reported. An astonishing amount of people in central London. Managed to escape to the South Bank eventually which was equally packed from people leaving. Waterloo station was like rush hour on a Friday as was Clapham Junction.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was there to observe. I say that sincerely because I've been up there for all sorts, countryside alliance, anti capitalist etc..

Today was the biggest congregation of "ordinary" people I've experienced. In fact I could have been at a leave march.

The country is split down the middle in a way that transcends class and political allegiance.

So much so that people have had to invent a new way to describe each each other.. leavers and remainers.

Cameron you utter utter ****wit.

Digressing and it was a while back, what were your observations and opinions on:

1. The Countryside Alliance protestors?

2. The anti Capitalist protestors?

(Not loaded questions, just interested as you saw them).

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I find that interesting, firstly I think you'd be in a very little minority of people and secondly, I'd would have been working damned hard to change the EU to something that's more in line with the majority. The EU is currently a busted flush. It needs changing the real answer is do you do it from the inside or watch it evolve from the sidelines?

The majority of people, I believe, want to see tangible benefits of being in the EU and have been exasperated by the way it has been operating for years. The frenzy whipped up about immigration and alike detracted from the real issues.

Yes, I can agree that people (not including myself) are unhappy with the way things are, so trying to change things from within is the way forward, not running away like children.
As for immigration, it may well have detracted from what you call the 'real issues' but I also believe that is at the heart of a lot of the ill-feeling.

And what tangible evidence do people want, exactly? I think it will only become evident that it's there, once it's gone.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I ask myself why Johnson, Farage, Rees-Mogg et al are so keen to leave. Has it anything to do with impending Tax rules coming in within the EU for more transparency and exposing tax havens like the Cayman Islands?
Surely just a coincidence.
It's not really about the EU.

It's about zero regulation and turning the UK into a tax haven.

It's just their religion. They would be campaigning on those grounds against a UK government even if we outside the EU.

Rees Mogg very rarely mentions business or immigration. It's all about the individual, he is an extreme neo liberal.

He is actually quite out there for a brexiteer. I struggle to define him as right wing, since he wants the ISIS bride to come home to face justice.

Unfortunately he has managed to con many people to his "intelligence" by tweeting in Latin.

He is essentially a moron's idea of what a clever person looks like

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He is on a wind up. Best to stay clear. I usually do. Most people do.

Just having fun exposing the lies, bullshit, hypocricy and misrepresentations from the undemocratic loony weasels on here.
You can call it wind up if it makes you feel comfortable.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As for immigration, it may well have detracted from what you call the 'real issues' but I also believe that is at the heart of a lot of the ill-feeling.

Odd how immigration hasn't been mentioned on the news, not that I've seen, in a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here