Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Mark Davis handing out a drubbing to Ronnie O'Sullivan

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Sussex veteran on the verge of a first ever ranking final, 5-1 up (first to 6) on the man who has been slagging the K2 Crawley leisure centre off all week.

Davis, 46, from St Leonards, has lost his other five semi-finals in a 28-year career. Stuart Bingham awaits winner in tomorrow's final.

This a really big deal for Davis, arguably biggest match of his life taking place a 45-minute drive from home on his own patch. No BBC Sussex, no Argus, and no Crawley Observer here. Poor.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Sussex veteran on the verge of a first ever ranking final, 5-1 up (first to 6) on the man who has been slagging the K2 Crawley leisure centre off all week.

Davis, 46, from St Leonards, has lost his other five semi-finals in a 28-year career. Stuart Bingham awaits winner in tomorrow's final.

This a really big deal for Davis, arguably biggest match of his life taking place a 45-minute drive from home on his own patch. No BBC Sussex, no Argus, and no Crawley Observer here. Poor.

Piss poor , really.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He finished him off 6-1, one-way traffic. Incredible, after travelling the world (our back of the envelope calculation was well over a million miles) for 28 seasons, he's into a first final a 45-minute drive from home in St Leonards. Family/kids all here Friday and tonight to see it, all back tomorrow.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex man makes English Open final in Sussex. It's a great story. Ronnie very gracious in defeat.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Used to go K2 for many players champs darts - was always a good venue I thought!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If he wins today that would be a magnificent achievement and the club should definitely get him along to a match when there is a gap in his busy playing schedule. Also incredible that this comes after the other good Sussex player Jimmy Robertson has just won his first title a couple of weeks ago.

He has been before and featured in the programme, once used my ST when I had them to bring his son Jack along to the Amex,although don't think they are Albion fans.

Bingham will be tough though, playing well and desperate to win a first big title since his betting ban last season. They are more usually playing golf together on a Sunday.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
He finished him off 6-1, one-way traffic. Incredible, after travelling the world (our back of the envelope calculation was well over a million miles) for 28 seasons, he's into a first final a 45-minute drive from home in St Leonards. Family/kids all here Friday and tonight to see it, all back tomorrow.

I was there too.... stunning victory. Loved watching his kids getting increasingly excited as the match progressed - was lovely to see. Enjoyable day there. Very surprised that there were so many empty seats in both sessions.. Players accessible. Had chat with Jimmy White in the inbetween as other half collared him for a pic. Wonder if it will return next year? I am not a seasoned snooker fan, and did have Albion updates coming in during the match, but I would definitely go again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here