Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying home ticket without 10 points

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When I bought the three extra tickets on my fan number, I didn't have to give a name for them; they're all in my name. I only got the LP for my normal seat purchase though; no LP were given for the extra three.

For this game, yes, when the rules were different earlier in the buying process.

For regular games, each ticket has to be allocated to a fan number I believe.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Why should the club do that?

Why should someone who's never attended an Amex game get a ticket when there are PLENTY who have been before who want to go this time?

why not? Everyone has had the opportunity to get a ticket....I got an away ticket and dc have given it to someone who has never seen the albion play...I of course am going myself... I see it as growing our fanbase...

Dec 29, 2011
Why should the club do that?

Why should someone who's never attended an Amex game get a ticket when there are PLENTY who have been before who want to go this time?

If there are PLENTY who have been before who want to go this time, why are there lots of seats still available?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's fine but if someone was registered months ago but just didn't have 10 points (as there friends always booked for them) its a little harsh to deny a ticket I think.

I've PMed you details of my fan number since I can't make the home leg.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The way i see it is that the club have done the release of tickets in stages

1 - ST holders securing their own seats and a limited group of non ST holders
2 - Non ST holders who have attended games and earnt loyalty points, ensuring that if they want a ticket, they are able to buy - after giving the ST holders, etc a chance to secure their seats, they reward the next set of supporters who may wish to go by giving them a preiod to buy within as, (presumadly) they have attended a game this year.
3 - People with a purchase history in the last 3 years - after giving those who may have attended games in the recent past and earnt loyalty points a chance to go if they wanted, the pool from which potential attendees is widened again.
4 - potentially fans with a purchase history from a longer period (if the club still has these records?)

Seems sensible to me, why should fans who want to go and have been to games in the recent past miss out to curious outsiders who may or may not follow the club but think its a good idea to get a ticket and go because it is a big game? - they are giving those who qualify as each category takes over the chance to buy before moving onto the next.

There may be empty seats now, but the categories are widening, giving more people the opportunity to attend and therefore there isn't a mad rush crashing the system that would have occurred if the groups were released closer together - there is still plenty of time for this to sell out and i expect it will, why worry about which day that occurs on if the net result is the same and all available seats are gone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here