Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I was there

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No, I will stick to slating you, you sad *****tain. You think that having an image of someone with blood on their portrait as your avatar makes you a rebel. In reality you are a neo liberal **** with the balls of a mouse.

This is a very interesting thread. Perhaps you could save your trademark aggression for the Brexit thread? Some genuinely tragic stories on this particular thread.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jean Michel Jarre - Destination Docklands

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rather trivial considering some of the post here but I was filming in the studio the same day The Bill was filming its last episode. The canteen was like a funeral. I guess a lot of very unemployable actors ( as I was at the time) were losing a good livelihood that day.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This is a very interesting thread. Perhaps you could save your aggression for the Brexit thread? Some genuinely tragic stories on this particular thread.

There are some interesting tales to be regaled, that does not excuse ******** behaviour.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Hereford obviously! Never mind birth of kids or wedding day have never felt more nervous than at half time. Physically felt a little sick. We were looking into the abyss that day.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Cant think of any 'I was there' moments, can only think of a 'I could have been there' moment.

Me and Mrs McClure are big fans of country music and also semi regular visitors to Las Vegas. Due to a bit a bad planning we ended up not being in Vegas for the Route 91 festival. Driving from the strip to the airport to go home I remember driving past the concert site and saying to the Mrs 'I'm still gutted we're missing the gig tonight'. Flew back and heard about the mass shooting once we got home. Really weird that even though it happened some 5000 miles away and I wasn't there, the fact that I could've been, the fact that it was in Vegas, the fact that country music fans are like a family really affected for a little while. Odd, but there you go.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I was living in Copenhagen in 86 when Chernobyl happened which is 750 miles away. The wind blew the fallout NW in our direction. I remember getting sick and most of the people I worked with getting sick. The atmosphere was very 'heavy' and 'black' and no one knew why because they didn't announce it until later.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I walked from the British Library where I was working to Euston Station immediately after what turned out to be the Tavistock Square bus explosion on 7/7. The police kept us on the area outside Euston for over an hour before letting us move away but we were only allowed to go west down Euston Road. There were no mobile networks working so no-one had a full picture of what was going on. As I walked towards Tottenham Court Road I started to see people coming north from Russell Square Tube and everyone stopped to exchange news and stories and approaching University College Hospital there was a massive line of ambulances on the approach to A&E. Throughout all of this there was a sense of quiet and calmness like nothing I have ever experienced before.

In 86 I was less than 100 yards from a terrorist explosion in a post office in the Hotel De Ville in Paris.

I am trying to think of more upbeat things I have witnessed, been close to, but I can’t really.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

I was going to London with my dad on the train when the inflatable pig was tied to Battersea Power Station.

I didn't know anything about Pink Floyd at that age. A few years later I was on a train going to London with a friend and I mentioned the pig, he told me about the photo on the Pink Floyd album cover, and showed me the album in a record shop when we reached Victoria.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What type?

Portobello? Porcini? Shiitake?

I think we should be told.

Early season, picked freshly in Arlington! So whatever they are!

One and only time ever by the way!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No, I will stick to slating you, you sad *****tain. You think that having an image of someone with blood on their portrait as your avatar makes you a rebel. In reality you are a neo liberal **** with the balls of a mouse.

Hehe. Your so incensed you had to double post!

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
The 1'991 one right? I was there too. ****ing brilliant. It's all on youtube. Ropey quality but is a bit of a nostalgia fest.
Same here, Kurt attacked Grohls kit at the finale and ****ed his ribs up. Just before they started to get massive. below Chapterhouse on the bill!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I was on the northern line tube at around 8.15 on the morning of the 7/7 bombings. I could easily have caught the Piccadilly line a bit later to
Russell Sq. which was actually closer to where I wanted to go. Someone I knew died on that tube an hour or so later.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wouldn't dare say,as a sour kraut would accuse me of lying,then doped-up dave would wade in.Awight Dave?:smokin::lolol:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The ‘87 ‘Hurricane’. I was with living with my parents. We lived on top of a hill at Bishoptone. We lived in a bungalow and my bed room was in the roof. You could see the see the sea from my bedroom. I loved watching the storms from my window and did the same that evening. My parents were starting to get worried about the storm as it worsened. In later years we would joke as a family with the tale of my coming downstairs, white as a sheet as I said i’d felt the house move. It was a bad one.

I saw the infamous Nirvana gig when they headlined Reading (their last show in the UK). I also saw them on their first ever tour of the Uk/Europe when they played at the London School of Oriental and African Studies. What a band.

Finally as a little ‘un, I was at the Rolling Stones gig at Hyde Park in 1969. Brian Jones died a couple of days. I have no recollection of the gig (being only 2!) but apparently I enjoyed feeding the ducks in the Serpentine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here