Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not expected to get an EU passport for at least a year according to the online Argus. Shame we have now signed two promising sounding players who can’t even play for us.
Not even started the passport application yet...

WTAF.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Not expected to get an EU passport for at least a year according to the online Argus. Shame we have now signed two promising sounding players who can’t even play for us.

Perhaps the objective was/is to sell on at a profit IF they don't get a passport?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It’s worth noting Watford picked up a Brazilian wonderkid on a pre-contract last summer for £2.5m before he’d played any first team football. He’s still not stepped foot in England but he’s already being linked with the biggest clubs out there, including Barca.

He’s not able to move to Watford until he turns 18, which means it’ll be the winter before he can make the move over. He’s gone on to score 9 goals in 14 games since making his first team debut. A lot of these young Brazilian wonder-kids end up going for £40,000,000+. A Watford supporting mate seems to think the pre-contract can be broken by Flumeniese by they’ll have to pay Watford £20,000,000 of anything they receive if that happens.

No matter what happens they’re in a good position. A ridiculously talented young player who they’ll almost certainly sell for ridiculous profit or a big chunk of cash for a player who has probably never seen their training ground. It’s a very good model if you can get it right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps the objective was/is to sell on at a profit IF they don't get a passport?

Dragging our heals on getting him a passport by the sound of things too. Maybe we never had any intention of getting him as an Albion player, just moving him on for a profit?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dragging our heals on getting him a passport by the sound of things too. Maybe we never had any intention of getting him as an Albion player, just moving him on for a profit?

You make that sound like it's a bad thing?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I’d rather he played FOR us and delighted us and then sold him on. Is that unreasonable then?
As opposed to any one of the other 11/18/25 Albion players at any given time?
I'm not holding a specific candle for Jocko and nobody else.

TBH seemingly plenty of fans don't support the players we have, so why get bent out of shape over this business deal?

After all a business deal is what this and everything else has been since Albion 1.2 was formed, when the club became a business.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You make that sound like it's a bad thing?

No, we've never had any problems in this country with third party ownership of players, have we? I mean, all that bother with Carlos Tevez was just a lot of hot air, eh? Or with that other South American feller we had a four million page thread about ....................

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

TBH seemingly plenty of fans don't support the players we have, so why get bent out of shape over this business deal?

After all a business deal is what this and everything else has been since Albion 1.2 was formed, when the club became a business.

All true but excuse me for being old fashioned and wanting Albion players to play for the Albion.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No, we've never had any problems in this country with third party ownership of players, have we? I mean, all that bother with Carlos Tevez was just a lot of hot air, eh? Or with that other South American feller we had a four million page thread about ....................
Er, this has nothing to do with third party ownership. That's a completely different thing to a club owning a player and loaning him out / eventually selling him.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Great post. Sums up the nonsense perfectly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Never going to complain about the Chelsea model of buying players...loaning them out and they will never play for them, ever again.

This is a perfect example of the club becoming a business, not a club anymore.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Er, this has nothing to do with third party ownership. That's a completely different thing to a club owning a player and loaning him out / eventually selling him.

Player playing for club A, but owned by club B, transferring to club C .......... hmmmm.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Quite - similarly all the teeth-gnashing over the U23s. It'll take simply two or three to 'make it' and the Lancing complex will be paid for - if we have to put 200+ players through development for that to happen (with plenty being sold for lesser amounts while we wait for the big ticket player) then so what ? It's business..........same with Tomer's contract extension.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Player playing for club A, but owned by club B, transferring to club C .......... hmmmm.

Yes. As I said, that has absolutely nothing to do with third party ownership. You're barking up the wrong tree mate.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Never going to complain about the Chelsea model of buying players...loaning them out and they will never play for them, ever again.

This is a perfect example of the club becoming a business, not a club anymore.

All professional football clubs are also businesses. It's just that most of them lose loads of money.

What's your definition of "a club" rather than a business?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Let the lad do his apprenticeship back home/abroad. We’ll hopefully have an experienced 22 year old running out in the Prem in a couple of seasons :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All professional football clubs are also businesses. It's just that most of them lose loads of money.

What's your definition of "a club" rather than a business?

An athletics stadium?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here