Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Renewing for Next Season ??

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hate to admit it, and will probably get a load of grief for it - but we arent this year...but its purely for financial reasons, not because of recent results. Been there since the start in 2011, but with our eldest son hopefully heading off to Military College in Loughborough this summer, we will need to save all the money we can to get him through the next few years. With our youngest in the County cricket setup as well now (which is costing us a pretty packet every year) something had to give.
Weve had a brilliant time at the Amex, and will really miss all the friends weve made that sit around us, but unfortunately its time to go back to listening on the radio each week...
I feel your financial pain. Having a nipper who is good at cricket is VERY expensive.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wonder how many are now dithering over the "Cancel Direct Debit" button after last night's result and how many more will be pushing it IF we lose on Saturday ( God forbid !!)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Why? Have I missed something?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
In a similar position, PB’s mass produced letter to me, tells me I’m likely to get offer of a s/t as I’m so far down the list.

Currently I’m weighing it up for other reasons. Championship football would not deter me one bit, plenty of positives with that.

Very much This
I’m in the dithering camp. Footballs a young mans game now

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Quite understand ..... prehaps I should have said 'Why would anyone cancel because we're at risk of relegation'.

:thumbsup:

I watched us get dicked 4-0 by Darlington in the rain. I saw the Valentine's Day match with Donny ... everything is an improvement after those

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I will be...even if it does get you Barnsley (h)

I won't deny that I love watching us play and hold our own against some of the best players on the planet; however, there's a lot of entertainment to be had from watching us put 3-4 goals past lesser opposition - no offence to Barnsley.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I am. There will come a time when the financial implications are too much, but a £20 rise isn't enough to deter me.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I was a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean and am now one at the Amex. I'm almost certainly going to cancel mine as I just can't afford it any more. I'm self-employed and work's getting harder to come by, so football's become a luxury.

It's nothing to do with form, I'd be doing it if we were in the top four.

Tony Bloom's best bit of business was to make us all pay direct debit. We actually have to work at canceling the season ticket. Back in the day we would have been asked to stump up £400 asap and so it would have been a lot easier to take a season off.
Most fans will carry on regardless.I thunk financial stresses will be the main reason people will cancel not because we get relegated. It was the reason I cancelled when my Son was born.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
As P***ed off as I am with our position, performance and manager, I’ll renew even if we do get relegated. We have to take the rough with the smooth. All the plastics will be the ones dithering about renewing, these are the same plastics who all of a sudden became BHA “fans” once we had our new stadium and then more so when we got promoted.

This

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As P***ed off as I am with our position, performance and manager, I’ll renew even if we do get relegated. We have to take the rough with the smooth. All the plastics will be the ones dithering about renewing, these are the same plastics who all of a sudden became BHA “fans” once we had our new stadium and then more so when we got promoted.

So people in this thread who won't or can't renew because of change of circumstances or money issues are plastics? Geez. Can I live in your world.

Some of us have supported this club through thick and thin for many years...to insult us by calling us plastics is pathetic

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Reckon I would be dissapointed for a day or two if we went down. Wouldn't take long before I would start looking forward to next season in the Championship though.

More football. Less tourists, day trippers and dribblers. The ability to get 15 mates on a minibus to an away game knowing you can all get a ticket if you want one. Easier to get a beer at The Amex.

In fact I re-reading the above I won't be dissapointed at all. Roll on relegation.
This. And maybe we'll be allowed flasks again, pretty please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here