Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bbc1 - Paul Barber

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I know Paul reads these threads so why when the attendance was over 27,000 is he highlighting incidents which involved 0.0001% of the total attendance?
I also resent the tone of the club communication "Once again we are blah blah".
The match day experience has turned for the worse where the vast majority are being inconvenienced due to the overkill reaction of the club.

Even entry to the family stand involves a strip search in case you have a bottle top in your sock or want to take a flask to get your child or elderly relative warm...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't help but think this is getting blown up out of proportion because of all the media interviews......could have avoided talkshite and bbc1 (would they really have run the story?) ..and just do the local one :shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I bet American Express are loving this brand association.

:shootself

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Good old press digging out footage of Millwall Everton, Palace at Brighton station, and a hooligans from the 80’s. Not exactly representative of what went on at the Amex last week.

I’m all for banning idiots from the Amex but let’s not then let ourselves get dragged through the press to make it look like we are the new upcoming Millwall. We are probably the safest ground in the country for people to come to.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It’s a good job Barber is not CEO at Millwall. How sick and tired would he be there?

I thought the very same thing , the Millwall’s CEO had a slightly different approach to the latest incidents concerning their fans , “it’s not just us , we don’t tolerate racism or any other anti social behaviour here” I can’t help but think he thought thanks for coming you BBC caaaaaaants now fek off out my manor .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Done for dramatic effect.

As an aside, the BBC said the on-pitch fighting (somewhere else in the country) was 1978, but it looked like the footage shown countless times of Chelsea and Spuds fans fighting at WHL as Chelsea got relegated in 1975? Or was it Cold Blow Lane?

You and me know that but hopefully any kids watching that won't be scared of coming to the Amex.

I didn't know anything about what happened at the Amex last Saturday until I saw the post on here ( Monday ) I think.
No mention on here or Twitter Saturday or Sunday, and I was surprised when I saw the words serious disorder.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Maybe we could rename the stadium "The Brighton and Hove WWF Knife Crime Arena"

We could sign up half a dozen wrestlers and loan them straight back....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You and me know that but hopefully any kids watching that won't be scared of coming to the Amex.

I didn't know anything about what happened at the Amex last Saturday until I saw the post on here ( Monday ) I think.
No mention on here or Twitter Saturday or Sunday, and I was surprised when I saw the words serious disorder.

In addition, home fans have absolutely nothing to be worried about. (That’s not to be proud of, in any way, the tiny number of home thugs). Other than homophobia/anti-semitism, going by media and NSC reports this season, any victims have been away fans, or the doctor and steward.

In a chat with a Brighton police officer today, who works on match days, he told me there’s still a sizeable number of Albion ‘fans’ looking for trouble. My guess is many of them are banned from attending games.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Very much looking forward to the programme notes tomorrow. Just to see what else I am being accused of.

I’m getting sick and tired of it I tell you.

Mr B needs to take a step back and look at what he is doing with this personal crusade

He really seems to be dragging our clubs (not his) name through the mud.

Apologies to all the loyal fans who are normally not offended by Mr B.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Having read the threads etc

I am so disappointed in Paul Barber. We undoubtedly ( IMHO) have the best CEO in the whole of football, but this constantr "look at me" attitude by Mr. Barber has tarnished the image of the club far more than three disgruntled and seriously over exuberant fans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Since the arrival of Stat Club Jnrs away games are pretty much off limits, so I'll need some help here.

I do wonder just how many random 'one offs' there are at other matches.
Obviously not the fully scale brain cell swap meet of Millwall v Everton, but what would have been affectionately called 'he was asking for a slap so he got one'.

Giving this some thought it's occurred to me, after each game we normally get one thread that elicits a replay of 'well did you do anything about it?'.

On the original thread someone said 'that reads like it's from a headmaster who's run out of patience'.
He certainly sounds like a man who spends every Monday morning being show CCTV of minor shithouseary, and sifting though grumbling emails.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here