Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A lot of the NSC bullies can't wait for his next thread

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I once made an crass joke about a funeral he was attending. It caused total offence to many and I had a short ban. When I was back I PMed him and apologised. He was polite, said he personally wasn’t offended, but called me a twit for what I wrote.

He calmly called it right. And he’s a gentleman. Respect. The world needs more BensGrandads.
Mmm, there was also the occasion where he wished someone's relative was abuse by a paedo. Not always a gentleman.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I find it amazing how many keyboard warriors there are in the world, hiding behind the safety of their own screens.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I find it amazing how many keyboard warriors there are in the world, hiding behind the safety of their own screens.

Fact of "online life" I'm afraid. Some people who have to do star jumps in the shower to get wet act like Arnold Shwarzenegger when they sit in front of their PC.

I've always said there should be a function where you can press a button on your own keyboard then a fist pops out of their screen and clumps them in the snotter.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's called bullying :shrug:

A lot of the NSC bullies can't wait for his next thread

Exactly and bullies need to get a life:rant:

Not always bullying, he writes some 'controversial' things, gets called out like anyone else would. But unlike anyone else he JUST.KEEPS.GOING.

Mmm, there was also the occasion where he wished someone's relative was abuse by a paedo. Not always a gentleman.

I remember that and it was pretty despicable.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not always bullying, he writes some 'controversial' things, gets called out like anyone else would. But unlike anyone else he JUST.KEEPS.GOING.

It is very much bullying just look at previous threads

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is very much bullying just look at previous threads

Well I used a caveat, and yes sometimes lots of us cross a line. Bullying is despicable, but if he is really concerned about it then perhaps he should re-read his posts a couple of times before pressing enter?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The OP said he was sure it was a spoof account so how do we know if he is a bloke? it could be a bloke ess. It could be she is a tonic.

I can assure you HE is a Gentleman, I have had the pleasure of having a drink with HIM, last game of the season, against Swansea at The Withdean, we had a drink with BG and Ben himself!! The Brewery Tap I believe it was, people online are not always as you think they might be in the real world :thumbsup: oh we lost 1...0 and Swansea got promoted that season (2008)

Edit for the stat guys....

Brighton: Kuipers, Whing, Richards (Mayo 90), Lynch, Fraser, Cox, Elphick, Murray, Forster, Robinson (Dixon 88), Loft (Fogden 82).
Subs Not Used: Gatting, Martot.

Swansea: De Vries, Rangel, Painter, Lawrence, Monk, Tudur-Jones, Pratley, Anderson (MacDonald 73), Butler, Bauza (Brandy 74), Scotland.
Subs Not Used: Knight, Tate, Allen.

Goals: Brandy 78.

Att: 7,283

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The OP said he was sure it was a spoof account so how do we know if he is a bloke? it could be a bloke ess. It could be she is a tonic.

He is definitely a bloke. I've met him.

BG admits he likes to stir it a little bit, but there is no excuse for bullying. We can disagree with each other without being nasty or ganging up on each other.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I've always had the thought of 'Aw, everyone is so mean to BG, leave him alone, he reminds me of my grandad'. I think he's great. I love a random thread from him especially the tech ones! You do realise that we are talking about him as if he was no longer with us though! Bg makes me chuckle loads. :love:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

That was me. It was probably the only time anything said online had genuinely bothered me. I used to like his musings/ramblings. Never once did he directly apologise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here