Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone else thinking about mowing the lawn?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've spent a fun afternoon will the little'un cleaning the car for the first time since the summer. She loved playing with the hosepipe. Also given me a chance to dry my boot out and try to figure out where the water is getting in.

Currently sitting in the back garden having a beer whilst she runs around. The sun has just dipped over the fence and a bit of a chill now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sadly, I'm at that age where I am genuinely interested what a professional needs by way of mowers :down:

I'm guessing a petrol cylinder for those fine lawns and a big old rotary (probably petrol again), but what others do you use ?

:D

Real roller hayer 48pro for those lawns where people like a stripe and lawn resembling a bowling green :facepalm:

Grunt machine that will take a lot of bashing but will keep going and going ....

Mulch machine for a graveyard ...housing estate etc.

Latest edition last year was a Stihl battery machine I originally bought for a new contract where the only access was a six foot wall...but I have used it on a lot
of other small jobs..looks a bit namely pamby though :moo:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
:D

Real roller hayer 48pro for those lawns where people like a stripe and lawn resembling a bowling green :facepalm:

Grunt machine that will take a lot of bashing but will keep going and going ....

Mulch machine for a graveyard ...housing estate etc.

Latest edition last year was a Stihl battery machine I originally bought for a new contract where the only access was a six foot wall...but I have used it on a lot
of other small jobs..looks a bit namely pamby though :moo:

Very disappointed there's not one of these for a bit of lawnmower envy

WEPRO20.jpg

But, I have to say, how very Brighton

RMA339C.jpg

:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So what, in your professional opinion, should a lawn look like?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So what, in your professional opinion, should a lawn look like?

pleasing to the eye..but at this time of year uncut..or just lightly trimmed so you get even growth...but honestly I'd wait until next month.

The person in question does have a nice flat lawn and gets people in to feed/weed..scarified etc...I have to cut it one week right to left at a diagonal...next week straight, the third week left to right at a diagonal...then start again...I could go on :moo:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bless, I'm 58. I really don't have enough time o on this earth left to list the things you are not 'au fait' with :lolol:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mowed in November and again in January. Faversham microclimate. Legendary.

Murray's cock.jpg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Talking of lawns, why do they always mow the pitch immediately after games??

It encourages it to grow ( apparently ) what might be a idea is to actually have grass behind the touchlines , the amount of players including our own that have been injured whilst slipping on the astro/plastic rubbish is evidence enough to bin it .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here