Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Parking Problem & A Ticket Help Needed

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Next time, realise that the CEO was trying it on...you could have unloaded for up to 20 minutes. Doesn't mean you wouldn't get a PCN from a swooping CEO who pretends they didn't see you, or any evidence of unloading, but does mean it's unenforceable if challenged and an appellant with evidence, would win at adjudication. And Councils know that.

Next time, appeal (with evidence such as the signature/order form) and you will win at the second stage, because unloading is exempt. As long as the vehicle was yours - because second stage is Notice to Owner, where only the owner/keeper can appeal, not the driver if they aren't the owner. Can cause difficulties if your company owns the van and they don't get it that they will win on appeal.

Bear in mind that most people never win v Councils at first stage appeal, because those are handled by clueless biased contractors (the ones who issue the tickets) and only at second stage do you get a real Council person looking at the real rules...

Getting a PCN does not mean any contravention occurred, nor does it equal having to pay a PCN. Never ignore them though.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Hi all, I thought I would give you an update, I received an email yesterday saying they would revoke the parking ticket.

A big THANKS to everyone who gave advise and support :D

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Hi all, I thought I would give you an update, I received an email yesterday saying they would revoke the parking ticket.

A big THANKS to everyone who gave advise and support :D

I was really pleased to hear that.

I posted a BHCC parking problem last year: we paid £2 by card into a Preston Drove meter and no ticket was issued, in spite of us having gone past the 'Banking Payment' stage. We left a note on the windscreen, got a ticket, appealed (attaching bank statement showing £2 paid), had appeal rejected, appealed again and eventually got a reply saying that "for technical reasons unconnected with our appeal" the penalty was being withdrawn. Churlish buggers - I actually drafted a note telling them I refused to accept the withdrawal of the penalty on those grounds and would see them in court. I didn't send it. Life too short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here