Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Spoken to him have you?

Your account is just a wind-up, right?

And your account, seems to be permanently jammed on and relentlessly so: the good old I think i’m ‘right’ therefore I am setting. Two of a kind...

Yet, for all your posturing you know precisely nothing here too, yet it’s okay for you seemingly declare your own un-informed opinions as more favourable and/or likely to transpire than mine.

I’m guessing yep, but at least I can admit it. The trouble is, I think I may be right: point one: this appointment might never happen and point two if it does, he will likely do no better than CH may have done... all very underwhelming.

Hmmmm interesting stuff...

I’m unsure why you need to be right all of the time... ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If we appoint Phil Neville think I might call it a day. I'm genuinely struggling to think of anyone less fit for our dugout.

I don’t think we will appoint Phil Neville but you cannot seriously dismiss someone with his pedigree as totally unfit to be in our dugout. What are you on mate? He’s got more experience of the pressures and mindset required to succeed at the very top of club and country games than you will ever have.

He’s not some ****ing no mark who played for Southend or Bradford and drifted into management. The guy is a clever, articulate and passionate. If he goes into league management and smashes it I imagine you’ll rush back on here to eat your words?

It really pisses me off that because he manages the national women’s team that he’s just written off as a no hoper.

How did you feel about Southgate getting the England job? Honestly...don’t come back with “I knew he’d turn us around” I’ll bet you didn’t.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don’t think we will appoint Phil Neville but you cannot seriously dismiss someone with his pedigree as totally unfit to be in our dugout. What are you on mate? He’s got more experience of the pressures and mindset required to succeed at the very top of club and country games than you will ever have.

He’s not some ****ing no mark who played for Southend or Bradford and drifted into management. The guy is a clever, articulate and passionate. If he goes into league management and smashes it I imagine you’ll rush back on here to eat your words?

It really pisses me off that because he manages the national women’s team that he’s just written off as a no hoper.

How did you feel about Southgate getting the England job? Honestly...don’t come back with “I knew he’d turn us around” I’ll bet you didn’t.

International football is a lot different to club. I think after many big name failures in the England hot seat, and knowing how well he’s done with the younger age groups, many people were happy with a promotion within, and prepared to give Southgate a go.

Top flight management isn’t all about technical coaching tactical ideas and the like, it’s about managing egos, premadonnas, fragile confidence, tantrums, etc etc. I’m sure Paul Clement is one of the games innovative coaches, but that didn’t translate to effective management.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Albion remain “quietly confident” of landing Potter reports Brian Owen in Argus this morning
Also “confident” that his head of recruitment would find a role in Albion’s set up.
Repeats news , reported yesterday , that Potter is talking to Swans about their ££ commitment .
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17645967.albion-leave-ball-in-swanseas-court/

Hmmm - there's a passage within his article that makes me mildly concerned:
"Potter is understood to be happy to stay with the Swans but would need assurances that funds will be available for players he needs."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone else feeling “meh”about this?

We need a big man....step up. GATTUSSO.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"Potter is understood to be happy to stay with the Swans but would need assurances that funds will be available for players he needs."
I doubt he'll get those assurances from Swansea.

I think he'd be a good appointment, but.... he really doesn't seem that keen to come here.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

I think he'd be a good appointment, but.... he really doesn't seem that keen to come here.

Maybe he is being professional and not saying anything at all....lets the club tell him what vision is (swansea) and he can then respond...I assume we have a time frame on this so it cant drag on for long..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I hope Swansea give him his assurances. Getting more underwhelmed by the day, who wants a manger who comes to you almost reluctantly?

Maybe he’s being prepped by Ashworth on how to handle it though, who knows the machinations of the football business.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

It’s not making Albion concerned it appears.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope Swansea give him his assurances. Getting more underwhelmed by the day, who wants a manger who comes to you almost reluctantly?
Yes, that is my worry.

I suppose most of this reluctance is being reported by WalesOnLine ( which is possibly where the argus picked it up from ) so it *could* be a local journalist's wishful spin.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maybe he is being professional and not saying anything at all....lets the club tell him what vision is (swansea) and he can then respond...I assume we have a time frame on this so it cant drag on for long..

Obviously this. He's hardly going to run out of the Liberty giving two fingers to the Swansea fans.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA

He seems to be showing some loyalty to Club, Players and Fans. Not a bad trait.
BHA wouldn't want the sort of manager who would be off at the first whisper of an offer from a bigger club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here