Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I would love it if Aston Villa......................... ...........

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Was seen more objectively by journalists especially the BBC.

Reporter before Villa’s first home game, “ the supporters have had to wait 1068 days (or something like that) to be back in the premier league, a painfully long time!”

What about the teams that have never been in the Prem!!

100%. Also anyone commenting on a Leeds match has it written into their contract that they must mention how many years it’s been since Leeds have been in the PL at the first opportunity.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have a lot of family (born in Birmingham) who are villa fans. Sadly they all seem certain that they will not struggle and will finish around the top 10. Partly they quote Wolves last season without seemingly realising how exceptional that was. Mainly though they start with the stock phrase "we are a big/massive club......"
For the kids sake I hope they stay up (just) but I have to admit to a wry smile at the thought they might go straight back down.
Can't help thinking they've not spent entirely wisely and there's not a lot of balance in their squad.

Villa scraped through and were not very good last season in comparison to Wolves who were already equipped for the premier league and who went on to strengthen. Who knows, villa may find that they gel quickly, but probably not going to happen judging by saturday's game.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I have a lot of family (born in Birmingham) who are villa fans. Sadly they all seem certain that they will not struggle and will finish around the top 10. .

I seem to know a disproportionately large number of Villa fans that have moved down this way and they all (independently of each other) have said similar to this. Most even predicted they'd win their opening game against Spurs. Fingers crossed the terrible results continue for a bit just to bring them back down to earth a bit.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well for balance I know a couple of Villa fans and both will be happy to survive this year and are under no illusions how difficult the premier league is. Certainly they expect to be able to push on in the coming years.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would love it if Aston Villa......................... ...........

I would love it if Crystal Palace......................... ........... won a game and we get all the trollers back.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Villa fan told me today he heard that if it's going a bit Pete Tong after 10/12 games, then Moaninho is lined up.

Righto.

Did he say if this was a good or a bad thing? Think I would prefer Big Fat Sam if it was going tits up!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa fan told me today he heard that if it's going a bit Pete Tong after 10/12 games, then Moaninho is lined up.

Righto.

As I confirmed earlier in the thread, it will be him or Allegri, whoever presents a better plan of the project will get the job.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Righto.
So they've said to Moaninho 'we've spent a lot of money, and hope to be top half, so we don't think you're good enough for us, but if it turns out that we're really shit, then you'll do just fine', and he's ok with that?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
................. Finish one place below Brighton and Hove Albion , making them Premier League runners-up...……

……. or alternatively 19 places below us, if that's what floats your boat and you want them relegated.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So they've said to Moaninho 'we've spent a lot of money, and hope to be top half, so we don't think you're good enough for us, but if it turns out that we're really shit, then you'll do just fine', and he's ok with that?

Works for me. Singe me up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here